Options

Eastenders 16/08/2010 - Glenda makes a startling admission... Episode Discussion

Comments

• Options
    lucy-loulucy-lou Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    The Big Question is:

How Did Tracy Recover so quickly!!??

She was meant to be ill and then when Phil raids the vic shes at the end of the bar!!

Tut tut EE :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops wrong thread..
  • Options
    Melp26Melp26 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember when Bianca discovered what was going on between Whitney and Tony? Her initial reaction was to see Whitney as 'the other woman' and see the whole thing as an affair. But she quickly realised what it really was and she wasn't actually the victim of the whole sordid mess. Frustratingly, it seems Glenda never got past that.

That's true, very well remembered, I thought that was bad enough at the time, Glenda is just dispicable.
  • Options
    jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VIP? Who are they waiting for, Ashely Cole? Peter Crouch?

Have you not heard? VIP now stands for Vile Immature Prats
  • Options
    EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow i wasn't expecting that ending tonight
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    EastEnders was brilliant tonight. So many storylines going on and great continiuity too between characters.

The ending was brilliant. The reveal is going to be amazing. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Tanequil wrote: »
    Why would anyone just give a pub away.

its eastenders anythings possible:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Arnostae's MumArnostae's Mum Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the way Peggy explained about Ronnie turning down a page and Roxy tearing out a page when they saw something they wanted, without realising that must have been how Glenda knew what to buy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode. Actually really enjoyed it!

Was so shocked about Glenda knowing what really happened, did not expect that!

Phil was .. just Phil ;) I could literally smell him through the screen! But I love that black hat of his :o

Darrren - I couldn't stop laughing at his pain :o It was so ironic what happened with that other guy, but just so funny :o I actually thought that other guy was Greg - Tanya's new man.

Zsa Zsa is hilarious, shouting from the window, making a spectacle of herself :p

Fatboy + Carol - Hahahaha! Totally embarassing but I felt bad for Carol.

Whitney can do so much better than Billie! :D

I'm really excited for the R+R opening tomorrow night, well the continuation from tonight. It's lovely to see the 'community' feel coming back by mentioning other characters even if we don't see them, such as Christian.

All the same, quality's really improved and good stuff from BK :D
  • Options
    JJAMUFCJJAMUFC Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved how they referenced Doctors tonight :D
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    JJAMUFC wrote: »
    I loved how they referenced Doctors tonight :D
    Yeah me too
    Didn't have Carol down as a Doctors fan and not a Daniel lover either:D

My 2nd best soap mentioned in my number 1 soap;)

Brilliant episode tonight

Phill has lost weight:eek:
    Loved the Harry Hill line from Peggy
    and whitney.Carol and Bianca were quite funny together

Phill and Ranine have worn the same clothes since last monday:eek:

The New R&Rs looks nice just a shame Glenda has to spoil it

Welldone Bryan Kirkwood your actually getting better at cliffhangers:eek:

Glenda knew Archie raped Ronnie she really is an evil person

Lol at darren

8/10 tonight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nurse Archie is nicer!
    Shame he had to leave:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Doctors :D
    Big up the Doctors:)
    Good God Almighty Whitneys constant Winging is doing my Tits in! :mad::mad:

A Plug for doctors! :eek::eek::eek:
    About Bloody time the BBC rarely promote the show they do run adverts on BBC HD though
    There's nothing wrong with drooling over Dr Granger from Doctors, Bianca! :mad: :o
    He's ugly but does have a nice 6pack:o
  • Options
    SlowRapSlowRap Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand Whitney she was matured because of early age due to her abuser, and is mouthing off wise advice to Ryan... yet when it comes to it she's acting like a 12 year old girl.

Phil, Max & Darren are the only things that have me entertained at the moment, all the other story lines are meh.
  • Options
    *Elle*90*Elle*90 Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SlowRap wrote: »
    I don't understand Whitney she was matured because of early age due to her abuser, and is mouthing off wise advice to Ryan... yet when it comes to it she's acting like a 12 year old girl.

That's hardly uncommon for someone who has been abused, one minute to be mature and jaded for their age, and then overly emotional/stunted in other ways.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy-lou wrote: »
    The Big Question is:

How Did Tracy Recover so quickly!!??

She was meant to be ill and then when Phil raids the vic shes at the end of the bar!!

Tut tut EE :D

I noticed that :D I definately heard Peggy say she was on her own because Pat had gone shopping and Tracy was off with a bug, but a little while later Tracy was standing at the end of the bar with "friends" and Phil shoved past her after emptying the tills!

But I watched Fridays and Mondays episode last night so I wasn't certain if it was all in the one episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    loved the fact there was a mirror for glenda of average height,and one placed at just the right height for tweety pie peggy..dont most loos have one big one above the sinks for all sizes?
  • Options
    Melp26Melp26 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the way Peggy explained about Ronnie turning down a page and Roxy tearing out a page when they saw something they wanted, without realising that must have been how Glenda knew what to buy.

She did realise, she said all that to Glenda to let her know that she knew exactly how Glenda knew what to buy and it wasn't because she's close to her daughters. She was showing that infact she does know them better than Glenda..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sad they've made Glenda out to be this evil Mum who knew about the abuse and therefore left her children :(

Peggy's the one who's starting to annoy me :mad:

I'm not sure Peggy has any moral highground on this one - after all didn't she sit back and allow her husband to abuse Phil (and Grant?) for all those years as well?
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the scenes with Bianca and Carol, the rest was pretty much boring, its amazing how one minute the vic is near empty and then the next episode it completely heaving :p and the club is just getting smaller and smaller each time its on screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another stupid thing about the whole Darrens penis storyline: Firstly I am pretty sure that the NHS won't circumsize a man unless there are good medical reasons for it, and secondly getting an actual operation date would take months.

If we are supposed to believe that he went private then where on earth is he supposed to have gotten the money to pay for it from?
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Another stupid thing about the whole Darrens penis storyline: Firstly I am pretty sure that the NHS won't circumsize a man unless there are good medical reasons for it, and secondly getting an actual operation date would take months.

If we are supposed to believe that he went private then where on earth is he supposed to have gotten the money to pay for it from?

Its EE they don't have to explain, they just assume everyone will take everything for face value, they are not really big on the details or research its obviously a bit of artistic license being used.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've ruined Whitney's character.

I think she's reacting the way a lot of teenage girls would TBH. OK, it might be annoying as hell to watch but quite realistic. Then they move onto another lad (or just fancy another lad) and it's like the one they were heartbroken over never existed! :D

I really liked the way the Bianca was treating though, no matter what Carol thinks, she really is heartbroken.
    Haha honestly ever since Bradders snuffed it Max has been dynamite!

Have to agree here. Max has come into his own this year. Brilliant character.
    This Darren story is silly.

Having the op isn't going to make him Jewish, which is basically what Jodie was saying but in a non PC not to be seen racist on the BBC way.

You could be right. But the way I picked it up was that she couldn't go with someone who had a foreskin as she wasn't used to them/they turned her right off. I mean, she knows he's not Jewish so it can't bother her that much. Unless we're going to have a religious conversion storyline?
    Carol: "But your not the love of his..."

Whitney... face like a slapped arse:D

She was being quite gentle with Whitney considering it was Carol! I did find it quite funny though :o
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Enough of Glenda vs. Peggy already.

I agree. It's getting incredibly tedious.
    Lol Harry Hill mention, pity TV Burp isn't still on :D

He might show the clip at the beginning of the next series saying that even EE has missed him?
    Phil still wandering around like London's answer to Compo from Last of the Summer Wine.....

LOL!!!!!!!!!! What's with the bleedin' hat?
    BigDuck wrote: »
    Wow, Carol scrubs up nice!

Doesn't she just? The clothes were a bit loud but she did look nice.
    So where has Glenda got the money from.

This is soapland, they're not too fussed about technicalities like that :D
    Terrible scene. He barely touched him.

And why would anyone think he is Max? He looks twelve.

Exactly! I'd be seriously worried if I thought my wife in her '40's was banging him! Almost paedophilish!
    "Bring your Grandma Night" PMSL

Aw .... it was a rotten thing to say! I've gone off Fatboy again now :mad: Bianca should have handbagged him!!!
    Pat is a bit long in the tooth for such a place.

Pity Carol never saw her, she wouldn't have felt so old then!
    BigDuck wrote: »
    I wish everyone would be a bit nicer to Carol, everything she seems to do at the moment seems to result in negative comments and jibes :mad:

I suppose there's a case for karma here - she's getting back what she gives out.
    CANDYANGEL wrote: »
    Unisex Loos? I'm with Peggy on that one.

Me too.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I NEVER EXPECTED GLENDA TO SPIT IT OUT LIKE THATT!!!

"He replaced me with her!!" :O

Ah! But will she try and say tonight that she meant that Archie had another mistress? She was meaning a fully grown other woman NOT his daugher? To try and wriggle her way out of the fact that she knew that Archie was abusing Ronnie after she'd dropped herself in it?

Sick cow. How could you know that's going on and a) see your daughter as 'your replacement' i.e. the other woman and b) walk out and leave your daughters with an abuser?
    Melp26 wrote: »
    It was such a great twist on it wasn't it. Almost like she was jealous of Ronnie, like she was just a mistress. It is reaction all normal mothers would find abhorent (sp?) but sadly that is exactly how some so called mothers do react and it's great of Eastenders to be brave enough to put that spin on it.

I agree. It's amazing how many mothers I've heard about that actually blame their own daughters!! I've even heard stories of older brothers abusing their younger sisters yet when the mothers find out they blame the daughter too! It's a sad fact of life but it happens. Some women are jealous of their own daughters.
    and roxy's hair did not take half an hour!

Ha! That's exactly what I said.
    loved the fact there was a mirror for glenda of average height,and one placed at just the right height for tweety pie peggy..dont most loos have one big one above the sinks for all sizes?

LOL! Those mirrors were quite funny and it's amazing how they just happened to be there, perfect heights for the two actresses - what a coincidence!
    I'm not sure Peggy has any moral highground on this one - after all didn't she sit back and allow her husband to abuse Phil (and Grant?) for all those years as well?

Mmm you might have a point. She said that Phil had started taking beatings for her didn't she? So she herself stayed with an abusive man.

Those older Mitchell brothers were lovely weren't they?

I would love the BBC to make a special set in the days of younger Archie, Peggy, Glenda and whatever Peggy's hubby was called, I've forgotten. A bit like that Only Fools and Horses 'Rock and Chips' programme that they did. IMO it would be really good to see the characters around this pivotal time. They'd have to get the casting right though.

Soapland again eh?
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was a fire
    I forgot about Silly Billy's electric repairs
    Bet Heather was chuffed with the news about her idol over the weekend!
    She never mentioned it at all:rolleyes:
    This Darren story is silly.

Having the op isn't going to make him Jewish
    But it's a good start:)
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    Whitney is a bit pathetic.
    How annoying is whitney?????

Lusting after Uncle Billie:eek:
    Darren and Jodie. Words can't describe how irritating they are.
    I like them and I like Darren and Max:)
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    Why on earth does Phil persist on wearing that silly hat?
    He's embarrased about being bald:o
    I do feel sorry for Phil :(
    Why:confused:
    Jesus...
    Jesus Christ, I can't stand Whitney.
    Good God Almighty Whitneys constant Winging is doing my Tits in!

Let's keep religion out of soap;)
    Terrible scene. He barely touched him.
    He touched him enough:eek:
    Peggy's the one who's starting to annoy me

for the past few years;)
  • Options
    kreed82kreed82 Posts: 3,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've ruined Whitney's character.
    But she was like this even when she found out tony was a perv, THE GUY WAS CAUGHT TRYING TO COURT LAUREN FFS & she was still firmly behind him.. ppl here were saying all this nonsense like "tony must have really messed her up thats why" but does that explain the months where she would annoyingly take her anger on bianca.Sniping at her at every turn despite being the one in the wrong?

Its like ppl were so riveted by the pedo story that theyt've built up the character to be something shes not.I remember when she hooked up with billie/belham gang and ppl here were like "whitney is too good for this" I just had to laugh..What the hell has whitney/shona done to be too good for anything? she was the weakest link in the pedo s/l

To me the character just hasnt been the same since tony was released.Its like TPTB thought she was goin to be too similar to stacey so they dumbed her down, instead of the streetwise smart azz we were introduced to.We have a naive/whiney teenager