TNA Wrestling on Bravo (Part 2)

1167168169170171173»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    As I've said before, it means he haw unless they get TV, which I'd guess is unlikely.

What if ESPN or Fox Sport pick it up.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karl Rove wrote: »
    What if ESPN or Fox Sport pick it up.

Of course it depends on the circumstances; what will be will be.
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    Oh i hope he does go to it. I don't want him getting his hands on TNA and messing things up.
  • Options
    jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    That WWP thing better have some major investment and lot's of patience or else it will be just another in a long list of fly by night's.Television deals are like gold dust to a anything pro wrestling related in 2010.Obviously getting on ESPN would be great,but would the network want it to be "soured" by something seen as lowbrow, not to mention entertainment,on it's sports setup.Also,Fox treat TNA like sh*t when it signed a deal with them in 2004.Shame TBS hasn't shown any interest in wrestling since Ted Turner acted as it's guardian.

I don't understand you wild.You want 'Taker,Mysterio and co to leave the WWE but you don't mind the over 50's like Hogan,Flair and Nash hogging the spotlight in TNA! A company that needs a much more polished and vibrant image than that of a nostalgia show if it looks to move forward in the long term (although that's not guaranteed either way).

In some good news: TNA pulled an excellent 129,000 viewers on Bravo for the week ending 15th August.It also pulled 69,000 on the +1 and 34,000 on the Sunday repeat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like what i like. And what i don't like is Rey Mysterio, never have never will and the Undertaker to me is broken down. I'm not interested in either of them and they certainly never had an impact on me as i have been watching wrestling all these years. The only time i really took an interest in the Undetaker was during the Ministry days but before that his matches were quickly fast forwarded until the ending of the match. Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan are completely different in that regard. As far as Kevin Nash goes, he isn't wrestling and is just doing his little thing with Jeff and Sting and to be honest i like it that way and it is intriguing just like the stuff with Abyss and 'them'. If Nash was out there wrestling every week i wouldn't have much time for him either.

Simply put, i like wrestling a certain way and i like what TNA are doing just now and if WWE get away from PG and goes back to being a bit more free with their matches and promos i'd probably like that too. I do think TNA really need to move away from the EV2.0 stuff but it served it's purpose for a little while. If TNA was getting great ratings in America i don't think you would find one person that would complain about the show but until that day comes everyone will have an opinion and find fault with everything. I still think they should have dropped their PPVs and went live on a Thursday once a month and just put on the best matches possible.

TNA ratings over here have been good all year although some weeks it was hit and miss. I'm not sure if that is due to other programs being more popular or fans reading results prior to it and deciding what to watch. Either way having a wrestling program on prime time tv on a channel on a basic satellite/cable package is great promotion for wrestling in general and i honestly i think a lot of viewers are there because of people like Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Presale for Fan Interaction tickets.

http://www.seetickets.com/gatpresale/event.asp?e|artist=TNA+WRESTLING&e|promoter=372&filler1=gigsandtours&filler2=presale
  • Options
    mattshentonmattshenton Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamespondo wrote: »
    In some good news: TNA pulled an excellent 129,000 viewers on Bravo for the week ending 15th August.It also pulled 69,000 on the +1 and 34,000 on the Sunday repeat.

yeah saw this few days back, good news for bravo/tna
    the Undertaker to me is broken down. I'm not interested in either of them and they certainly never had an impact on me as i have been watching wrestling all these years

i think a lot of viewers are there because of people like Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair.

Undertaker is broken but so are Hogan and Flair, none of the 3 can put on a great match now...Taker did it at wrestlemania but its cost him.

I can't see how flair/hogan are big pulls for the TNA on Bravo in the UK, I'd love to know when people think of when TNA is mentioned here in the UK....hogan/flair isn't the first word i'd think of...........wrestling company comes to mind
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a hilarious bit in the you shoot interview where Dixie says PPV is dying. No one's told Dana White, clearly.

And if PPV is dying it does rather raise the question of why TNA are still doing them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PPV wrestling is dying. I'm glad it is though because it will eventually make both companies up their game.
  • Options
    grabbigrabbi Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    FI tickets: http://www.seetickets.com/gatpresale/event.asp?e|artist=TNA+WRESTLING&e|promoter=372&filler1=gigsandtours&filler2=presale
  • Options
    jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen the shoot with Dixie but I have read the questions and answers.She does really contradict herself,make statements which figures don't substantiate and seems all round naive,but a nice woman in general.

She says PPV is a dying model but then says she makes millions from it :confused:. The questions ask why they don't charge for the tapings and why they don't place more emphasis on PPV (e.g giving away first time bouts for free).Her response is why "you want to pay for this stuff"!. Surely you're meant to encourage your customers to have to pay for your excellent product.

Surely PPVs (even something like 50,000 buys) equal a higher profit margin,which means bonuses for the wrestlers on the card.Bonuses usually result in better output and morale in any business and give the others something to strive for.Ofcourse,they could pay them through syndicated tv deals but then who do you bonus? Also,dismissing something still directly profitable for ratings cuts off the ability to reinvest.
  • Options
    Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    jamespondo wrote: »
    I don't understand you wild.
    That's because he's a hypocrite.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grabbi wrote: »
    Two weeks? Blimey. You don't watch Xplosion, do you? ;)

It was on there for about 4 weeks. The week before the no-holds-barred or whatever it was, match they had on iMPACT! they had another gimmick match the week before on Xplosion. Altogether, I think that feud has been going for about six weeks, so it wouldn't surprise me to see TNA finish it up now.

Taylor is a knockouts Tag champ, isn't she? So the chances are, it'll probably rear its head again when Ho-schoff can be bothered to push the KO's again.

I've been rumbled :D

No, i don't watch Xplosion unless i'm bored with absolutely nothing to do.

I can't see the point when 70% of the show is a repeat of something i've already struggled to watch first time around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you struggle to watch it then why not watch something else? Or go to the cinema or local pub or something. I don't get it. People complain about wrestling but they still sit in watching it at the weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because despite it's faults, its still worth watching. It's just not as good as it used to be. Either way, it's still better the other offering.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's no way you wouldn't NOT watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delete. Confused myself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dixie you shoot is rubbish, she says little that's interesting, just gives short answers basically saying how wonderful everything is. At one point she starts defending Scott Hall- saying he's clean etc., I guess this was taped when he was still with them, but it's border line offensive bullshit.
  • Options
    ollie_collie_c Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen this promo yet with Magnus & Wolfe (London Calling I believe is their new name):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO3q5fV1m50

Classic. :D
  • Options
    Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    ollie_c wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this promo yet with Magnus & Wolfe (London Calling I believe is their new name):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO3q5fV1m50

Classic. :D
    I think its London Brawling.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,867
    Administrator
This discussion has been closed.