Options

Who would've thought? HAGUE???

Comments

• Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the BBC announced that they also added that Hague and his wife had a miscarriage during the summer. So why would anyone announce that just after someone has resigned. Unless that is the person that he has been mucking about with and also why would Christopher Myers resign if these this rumours were not true.
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the BBC announced that they also added that Hague and his wife had a miscarriage during the summer. So why would anyone announce that just after someone has resigned. Unless that is the person that he has been mucking about with and also why would Christopher Myers resign if these this rumours were not true.

Given that I'm aware of zero evidence that Hague is either gay, or that he was having an inappropriate relationship with Myers, the comment regarding the miscarriages, etc was probably made to show that Hague and his wife have been going through a tough enough time without having to deal with this kind of innuendo, and also to show why sexuality rumours are particularly hurtful.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Myers may have resigned over the 'extra adviser' issue just as easily as a gay one. Besides, it seems you can be out and proud in Cameron's government.
  • Options
    Peter DowPeter Dow Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I want to be a special advisor and share a twin room with Condoleezza Rice. :D

http://scot.tk/peterlovescondi.htm
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jswift909 wrote: »
    I'm interested in the political side right now - about making sure that Gay rights in the UK are pushed forwards and not left on the back-burner,

But what more "gay rights" do you want?

They should be "on the back burner" as you put it, as there is little else to do.

Yes, before you ask, I do think bullying at school is still an issue and no, before you ask, I don't happen to support gay adoption, so I have no concerns on that score.

I don't think we homosexuals have anything to worry about from the coalition government. Probably the most unfriendly MPs are the rump of old lefties from the post industrial North.
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alexelewis wrote: »
    Apparently there are strong rumours circulatinig that he has been carrying on with one of his MALE aides!

He has denied it but that is par for the course surely.

Honestly thunderstruck, he is about as straight as they come. Surely?

Full Story

I so didn't see this coming.

I think there are more bi / gay people in society than we think...and that is not a criticism by the way. I am all for anything goes, so long as it is legal and it is consensual.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    Myers may have resigned over the 'extra adviser' issue just as easily as a gay one. Besides, it seems you can be out and proud in Cameron's government.

Frankly, he probably should have resigned over that issue, and I don't believe that he should have been appointed in the first place, but the 'inappropriate relationship' innuendo and whispers should never have been an issue. Guido's been a complete cock on this one, frankly.
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have it on good authority that Peter Lilley also likes a lot of male company!
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not very clever to share a hotel room with anyone other than your partner when you are in the public eye.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    The whole subject just stinks of homophobia. It's sickening. Take this extract from the Telegraph:
    Rumours about their closeness had been swirling around Westminster and the internet after photographs were published showing Mr Hague and Mr Myers walking and laughing together, dressed casually and wearing sunglasses.

It's pathetic. Whether Hague is or isn't is a separate issue (although if he is then he's a vile hypocrite), the reporting has been utterly ridiculous and the media shows itself up for what it is, once again.
  • Options
    ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    But what more "gay rights" do you want?

They should be "on the back burner" as you put it, as there is little else to do.

Yes, before you ask, I do think bullying at school is still an issue and no, before you ask, I don't happen to support gay adoption, so I have no concerns on that score.

I don't think we homosexuals have anything to worry about from the coalition government. Probably the most unfriendly MPs are the rump of old lefties from the post industrial North.
    I suspect the extra "rights" he wants are gay "marriage" and gay adoption.

I too support neither. I've never understood the outrage that a CP is not called a marriage, which is based on a Judeo-Christian, male-female concept. Why would I want to participate in that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    Frankly, he probably should have resigned over that issue, and I don't believe that he should have been appointed in the first place, but the 'inappropriate relationship' innuendo and whispers should never have been an issue. Guido's been a complete cock on this one, frankly.
    That's Guido's MO though, he is just more focussed on the coalition now it is in government.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ecco66 wrote: »
    That's Guido's MO though, he is just more focussed on the coalition now it is in government.

Agreed, but I just find it so distasteful that he resorted to what was, frankly, homophobic innuendo to take another scalp. Myers should never have been appointed, but that has nothing to do with anyone's sexuality unless there's some actual evidence of an inappropriate relationship. The fact that Guido stuck to innuendo, and never actually published any such evidence indicates to me that no such evidence existed.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two males sharing a room with twin beds, if thats a sign of being gay then I must assume half of our clientele in our hotels are secretly shagging. And if having breakfast with a man who has slept in a bed in the same room as you , wearing sunglasses and heaven forbid a man laughing with another man is allegedly another sign of being gay then that about covers nearly all the male population of the world at some time or another.

The media in this country should be ashamed of itself along with that t*at Staines, a suddenly holier than thou , ex bankrupt , convicted drunk driver , drug taking ex organiser of illegal raves and acid house parties , and he feels able to pass judgment on others ?
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 48,015
    Forum Member
    I see this is the BBC's biggest story at the moment, even outdoing the Stig's reveal!! :D
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know what, I am not a fan of Hague, but I do not believe he is gay.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    You know what, I am not a fan of Hague, but I do not believe he is gay.

I don't believe he's gay either. I've stayed in a twin room with my male friend, shared a breakfast table with him as well. i have even laughed at his jokes at the same table. I think he patted my back once. I also gave him a job once too as he was skint and needed work and I had a job going. But he was crap at it and resigned.

I guess now I'm "out" and anyone reading this will assume I'm gay and shagging my mate.

Btw, if he's gay, so what. If he isn't, so what!
  • Options
    Parker45Parker45 Posts: 5,858
    Forum Member
    ustarion wrote: »
    It's not very clever to share a hotel room with anyone other than your partner when you are in the public eye.

True. In any case, even if they are not in the public eye most men don't want to share a room with another man. When attended business meetings at hotels I would never dream of sharing a room with a work colleague. Hague is a millionnaire - surely he can afford to book two rooms?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Strange story. Can anyone tell me why this unqualified person was on £30,000 a year as Hagues "special adviser"? And why has he resigned today? The phrase "jobs for the boys" takes on a whole new meaning.:o
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parker45 wrote: »
    True. In any case, even if they are not in the public eye most men don't want to share a room with another man. When attended business meetings at hotels I would never dream of sharing a room with a work colleague. Hague is a millionnaire - surely he can afford to book two rooms?

The reality of an election campaign is that you might well find yourself having to book accomodation at short notice, and you will only be there a few hours. There sometimes aren't enough rooms to go round, so that's why you might end up sharing.
  • Options
    tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So now Hague accepts that his marriage is in trouble......becos they cant have children!!!

That photograph in the papers today!!!! Whoah......gaydar alert i say. Sory but i am sure everyone felt the same.

Special advisor at 25. What a joke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    I don't believe he's gay either. I've stayed in a twin room with my male friend, shared a breakfast table with him as well. i have even laughed at his jokes at the same table. I think he patted my back once. I also gave him a job once too as he was skint and needed work and I had a job going. But he was crap at it and resigned.

I guess now I'm "out" and anyone reading this will assume I'm gay and shagging my mate.

Btw, if he's gay, so what. If he isn't, so what!

In govt as in the civil service, you dont share accomodation when on duty. I guess it is the same for political parties.

There is smoke in this fire.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »

Btw, if he's gay, so what? If he isn't, so what?

This.

I thought we had moved past the point where being gay was seen as being detrimental to a career?

Seriously - who gives a f**k?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Two males sharing a room with twin beds, if thats a sign of being gay then I must assume half of our clientele in our hotels are secretly shagging. And if having breakfast with a man who has slept in a bed in the same room as you , wearing sunglasses and heaven forbid a man laughing with another man is allegedly another sign of being gay then that about covers nearly all the male population of the world at some time or another.

The media in this country should be ashamed of itself along with that t*at Staines, a suddenly holier than thou , ex bankrupt , convicted drunk driver , drug taking ex organiser of illegal raves and acid house parties , and he feels able to pass judgment on others ?

blokes sharing rooms are usually on holidays, stag nights, etc.

Men dont share rooms when on official business, civil service duty, pilitical party duties etc. They are usually barred and there are rules governing that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomharry2 wrote: »
    blokes sharing rooms are usually on holidays, stag nights, etc.

Men dont share rooms when on official business, civil service duty, pilitical party duties etc. They are usually barred and there are rules governing that.
    That is totally untrue, party business is up to the political party, there are no rules whatsoever barring sharing of rooms.