Options

Shed Productions never explain big characters exits?

Comments

• Options
    jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    It shows how poorly you paid attention if you didn't know how Helen and Nikki came out of bad girls. The series 3 finale wraps it up

The di one annoyed me. The actress chose to leave but they never resolved. Arun wasn't said either. I know she was actually a man (the character) but they still never said what happened to her the inmates grew to accept it by the end of series 7. Bad girls kept adding and getting of characters by the end of it's run. Like amanda donohoe's character. They axed hers because they felt she wasn't working.

Louise Stokes would have worked a lot better if it wasn't for the Rowan/Vicky crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    I agree. Shed usually always leave their series' on a cliffhanger- that's great..I love that. But when the series is axed, your kinda bummed :/

Yeah it would have been nice to find out what happened to Tanya Turner. I hope she survived.
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Like amanda donohoe's character. They axed hers because they felt she wasn't working.

Amanda Donohoe's character wasn't axed, she was only ever in it for 9 episodes.
    She had filmed it all before it even hit screens so they would have no way of knowing whether she would work or not.

I agree with jojo, she was great in prison scenes but the Rowan and Vicky side story often took over the show and it was quite irrelevant to bad Girls which was meant to be a prison drama. By the end, Lou Stoke was hardly at Larkhall at all
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    jojo2008 wrote: »
    Louise Stokes would have worked a lot better if it wasn't for the Rowan/Vicky crap.

I agree

I loved Eva pope's character. She was my favourite wing governer. She was honest and kicked ass. Gutted she only did series 6. I don't know if Eva left or they got rid of her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree

I loved Eva pope's character. She was my favourite wing governer. She was honest and kicked ass. Gutted she only did series 6. I don't know if Eva left or they got rid of her.

Yeah Frances Myers carried Series 6. Eva Pope chose to leave, she has a habit of not staying very long, much like Amanda Donohoe. Surprised she remained in Waterloo Road as long as she did.
    At least they gave a brief mention of Myers at the start of Series 7. More than most departees got!
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    She had filmed it all before it even hit screens so they would have no way of knowing whether she would work or not.

I agree with jojo, she was great in prison scenes but the Rowan and Vicky side story often took over the show and it was quite irrelevant to bad Girls which was meant to be a prison drama. By the end, Lou Stoke was hardly at Larkhall at all

I read they axed her because by the time they got to the end of the show, the producers themselves not the viewers felt she wasn't working. I know bad girls was filmed months in advance. It's not like america where it's filmed while airing
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That Rowan/Vicky storyline was appalling. Like you said it had nothing to do with G Wing at all and some episodes, the whole story took over. Why should we have cared for Louise's sister who we had only known for five minutes and who wasn't even a prisoner?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Frances Myers too. She was my second fav Wing Gov. Karen Betts will always be my no.1
    I loved Bodybags' attempts at running the Wing too :D
    It's a pity Helen didn't stay on as Governing Gov. Neil Grayling was the biggest bore ever
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I read they axed her because by the time they got to the end of the show, the producers themselves not the viewers felt she wasn't working. I know bad girls was filmed months in advance. It's not like america where it's filmed while airing

Oh that's interesting, she's always made out in interviews that it was always a short stint.
    And Amanda Donohoe is notorious for leaving roles quickly. I'm amazed it took her this long to quit Emmerdale!
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,976
    Forum Member
    I actually liked Amanda in Bad girls but i was a bit young then and didnt really know a lot of who people were in the media world nor did i care but its all changed since she was in emmerdale and i dont like her in that or as an actress now lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I actually liked Amanda in Bad girls but i was a bit young then and didnt really know a lot of who people were in the media world nor did i care but its all changed since she was in emmerdale and i dont like her in that or as an actress now lol

Why's that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why's that?

just dont lol and dont like how she thinks she's better than everyone else just cos she's been in hollywood
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just dont lol and dont like how she thinks she's better than everyone else just cos she's been in hollywood

Does she? Where did you find that out?
  • Options
    Adam BartonAdam Barton Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I you didn't know that it shows how poorly you watched the show.

Nikki and and Helen were meant to come back but thye never did... so off you go :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Nikki and and Helen were meant to come back but thye never did... so off you go :)

Emm...have you quoted the wrong person? Your post doesn't have anything to do with mine you've quoted :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It shows how poorly you paid attention if you didn't know how Helen and Nikki came out of bad girls. The series 3 finale wraps it up

The di one annoyed me. The actress chose to leave but they never resolved. Arun wasn't said either. I know she was actually a man (the character) but they still never said what happened to her the inmates grew to accept it by the end of series 7. Bad girls kept adding and getting of characters by the end of it's run. Like amanda donohoe's character. They axed hers because they felt she wasn't working.

Nikki and and Helen were meant to come back but thye never did... so off you go
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry Sluggy your correct!

That music **** was being rude hha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does she? Where did you find that out?

she wouldnt even do a picture for a cast card and she's horrible to fans. why should she be the only one not to do one when everyone else does?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she wouldnt even do a picture for a cast card and she's horrible to fans. why should she be the only one not to do one when everyone else does?

orrible to fans?

i get that impression but have no proof
  • Options
    Forum Member
    orrible to fans?

i get that impression but have no proof

she ignores(sometimes gives us rude looks!) all fans outside the studios and doesn't reply to fanmail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bad day for her?

fan mail is optional.

dunno what id do if i was famous
  • Options
    Forum Member
    she ignores(sometimes gives us rude looks!) all fans outside the studios and doesn't reply to fanmail.

Some fans expect too much. Some don't like the celebrity and publicity side. Some are genuine artists who are in it for performance.

I do a lot of acting. It's not compulsory to be on tap for 'fans'
  • Options
    Forum Member

And yes she does reply to fanmail. I wrote to her when she was in Bad Girls. She replied within 6 weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And yes she does reply to fanmail. I wrote to her when she was in Bad Girls. She replied within 6 weeks.

well she doesnt now and she doesnt need to be so rude. she could wave or something
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well she doesnt now and she doesnt need to be so rude. she could wave or something

Fair enough... maybe she was scared of you!