✭✭✭
    eduble wrote: »
    Was brian annoyed?

No. He has a sense of humour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just my opinion, people! I'm really not at all reactionary normally, that was just my immediate thought. Though my judgement of Nikki will always be marred by the first week of BB7. Anybody who suggests hiding somebody's clothes 'because that will really hurt him' is not a nice person, nor an innocent one.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    The thing is, I got the impression that Nikki genuinely thought what she was saying. Infact, it took me a while to figure out why it was funny. If anything, I would've thought it showed that Nikki is truly seeing Nadia as a woman, which is what Nadia wants.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    He looked surprised. LOL

I don't think Niki meant it in a cruel way I honestly believe she believes it too, she is THAT thick.

I thought he was annoyed the way he quickly turned and walked out of the bathroom.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Nikki's comment as a stupid mistake, not cruel and calculated. If she wanted to be cruel she would have corrected herself saying oh no she can't have periods. Using periods to explain behaviour is common and easy to slip up with someone like Nadia.
  • Options
    WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    It has been well documented that Nikki does not have periods, so even if she had forgotten that Nadia was a transexual, why would she assume that all women have periods?
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was annoyed the way he quickly turned and walked out of the bathroom.

We can all judge behaviour different, to me Brian looked lost for words and didn't know how to answer so stalled for a while and then made a run for it with the reply of unlikely but maybe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WAKEYLASS wrote: »
    It has been well documented that Nikki does not have periods, so even if she had forgotten that Nadia was a transexual, why would she assume that all women have periods?

I'm sure Nikki has some periods and knows what they are and how they affect women.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    All it shows is Nikki accepts Nadia as a woman - unlike some people here - and most women do have periods - and its the normal excuse given out by men and women for a HM's bad behaviour
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I think it shows Nikki in quite a good light as she is obviously totally accepting of Nadia as a woman. .
    I term it the Emperor's New Clothes Syndrome.:cool: Only an idiot would think that you can castrate a male and end up with a woman possessing fully functioning female reproductive organs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't what Nikki said that was funny, it was Brian's reaction to it, that was hilarious !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Nikki has some periods and knows what they are and how they affect women.
    anorexia has made her infertile - she has never had a period.
    But I'm sure she understand how they affect other women
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nikki has never gotten her period either since she was anorexic during puberty. She probably doesnt know exactly how periods work. She probably doent know exactly how sex reassignment surgery works either. It was an innocent line, and the best line of UBB so far IMO!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If the above is what people are talking about what is the Fuss?:confused:

Nikki may not be an expert on how far the change can be taken. Brian was funny but maybe even he had to think ('is it possible', just for a moment or two).
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found both Nikki and Brian funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    havergal wrote: »
    anorexia has made her infertile - she has never had a period.
    But I'm sure she understand how they affect other women

Aww that's sad :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    The fact remains. Real women have periods. Men who are surgically altered to LOOK like women do not.

End of really.
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    Vivadiva wrote: »
    I saw a few threads on this supposedly 'classic' line but rather than laugh, I immediately thought of Nikki's treatment of Sam, whom she deemed a 'man-beast.' I thought the period quip was quite nasty and mean-spirited but alas, Nikki is a child. HMs and viewers laugh at her tantrums and embrace her brattishness. :rolleyes:

Count ne out, I have never liked pathetic Nikki.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All it shows is Nikki accepts Nadia as a woman - unlike some people here - and most women do have periods - and its the normal excuse given out by men and women for a HM's bad behaviour
    This is utterly ridiculous. :rolleyes: Nikki will soon be asking Nadia if she might be pregnant. After all that's what happens to most women and we would not want to upset Nadia's feelings by implying that it would take a miracle akin to the Immaculate Comception for that to ever happen. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharni wrote: »
    The fact remains. Real women have periods. Men who are surgically altered to LOOK like women do not.

End of really.

So after the menopause, they cease to be 'real' women?
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vivadiva wrote: »
    I saw a few threads on this supposedly 'classic' line but rather than laugh, I immediately thought of Nikki's treatment of Sam, whom she deemed a 'man-beast.' I thought the period quip was quite nasty and mean-spirited but alas, Nikki is a child. HMs and viewers laugh at her tantrums and embrace her brattishness. :rolleyes:

I agree, Nikki is a nasty piece of work!

She knows that Nadia would not have periods! She was just being spitefull!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the above is what people are talking about what is the Fuss?:confused:

Nikki may not be an expert on how far the change can be taken. Brian was funny but maybe even he had to think ('is it possible', just for a moment or two).
    Brian could not believe that Nikki was being THAT stupid.That was why he paused IMO..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not a matter of acceptance. I am post menopausal and am still a woman, just as Nadia is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nikki has never gotten her period either since she was anorexic during puberty. She probably doesnt know exactly how periods work. She probably doent know exactly how sex reassignment surgery works either. It was an innocent line, and the best line of UBB so far IMO!
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    Nikki is thick and doesn't think, it wasn't meant to be nasty at all.

She's not thick; she just wants you to think she is. She knows exactly what she's doing and saying.