Options

Nadia: Davina Made Me Hate Myself

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell Nadia to get out of her closet diva world and spend some time in Afghanistan with our troops fighting the tabiban, or in Pakistan and seeing how people have been effected by the devastation of the floods and earthquakes, or go to Iraq and see how people live their lives in fear of being blown up by a suicide bomber while queuing for a loaf of bread. I could go on.

Nadia in comparison lives a life of luxury and doesn't even have to work for a living. Maybe if she saw how people live in THE REAL WORLD she might see how trivial her problems actually are! And why this obsession with her feelings over events in a TV show is an insult to those in the world who are really suffering and making ends meet.
  • Options
    User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pyramid* wrote: »
    I can't see a thing wrong with Davina's ''Boyish good looks comment''.

Would Nadia have preferred, "woman who has very attractive features if they were male" comments.

Like it or not. Nadia has the very male genetic physical features. She is 'good looking' but in a masculine way (I am thinking Sandra Bullock here, who has been classed as the same).

I never see Sandra Bullock giving it "Call in Lawyers, there's a Law suit awaiting"......

Nadia was born male, she wants to be female, she needs to accept that short of immensely major surgery costing hundreds of thousands of pounds, she will retain her attractive 'masculine' physicalities.

I'd have thought there were other poor souls out there, who are currently undergoing transgender, who aren't lucky enough to have Nadia's good looks, beautiful skin, gorg eyes etc to bank on.

Yes yes and another thousand times yes!!

As far as TS people go she's actually quite lucky she had relatively fem features to begin with and the money to do what she chooses. I know some people who haven't a pot to p*ss in and can't afford a decent wig let alone a mutlitude of differing surgeries and treatments.

For instance electrolsyis on it's own (removing excess body hair) is typically pushing £10k for a full set of 200 hours needed in a typical change. that's just altering skin let alone chemical changes, vocal training, life long pills and consultations...the list is endless. She's very lucky in some respects to be given the chance to change much about her. Believe you me some people I know would love her chances.

Crikey if you want proof take a gander at my profile :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    <snip>

Crikey if you want proof take a gander at my profile :cool:

I dunno what you mean. You look very feminine. Nice legs btw. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno what you mean. You look very feminine. Nice legs btw. ;)

Too kind but it's all smoke n mirrors :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Nick Bateman Tweet

NickBateman1 In my opinion, Nadia is wrong trying to Sue BB and C4, there is some coverage that was not shown that would Bismark her. I never complained
    about 1 hour ago via web

http://twitter.com/NickBateman1

Oh Im sure there are plenty:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 6,885
    Forum Member

Well the smoke n mirrors are doing a damned good job Elissa. You look gorgeous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And an honesty and self depricating humour that always endears people to others. ;)
  • Options
    RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone posed the transphobic Q to Nick B.
    @NickBateman1 Be honest Nick (I trust your more than any of the other UBB lot!), did Coolio & Ulrika make transphobic remarks to Nadia?
    @thisisjunaid to the best of my knowledge, no
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RenThraysk wrote: »

One less Christmas card for Nick. I bet he'll be gutted.
  • Options
    JustinCredibleJustinCredible Posts: 19,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm no fan of Ulrika but I can't imagine she's be stupid enough to say "fat tranny" in a house full of cameras...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no fan of Ulrika but I can't imagine she's be stupid enough to say "fat tranny" in a house full of cameras...

That's what I think....

I strongly believe Ulrika is a right moody spiteful grotbag but she aint thick!

Nadia's probably making that bit up...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Has Nadia actually said publicly Ulrika made that comment? The first I read about it was on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And an honesty and self depricating humour that always endears people to others. ;)
    zeebra wrote: »
    Well the smoke n mirrors are doing a damned good job Elissa. You look gorgeous.

K...kinda blushing here but thank you! Far too kind

x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RenThraysk wrote: »
    :
    Originally Posted by http://twitter.com/thisisjunaid/status/24563027173
    @NickBateman1 Be honest Nick (I trust your more than any of the other UBB lot!), did Coolio & Ulrika make transphobic remarks to Nadia?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by http://twitter.com/NickBateman1/status/24563785600
    @thisisjunaid to the best of my knowledge, no

So that's Nick's support gone. I'll be interested to hear what the other UBB house mates think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Nadia is in no way ladylike, she can re-shape her face and go on a diet all she wants, but the way she carrys her self, her tantrums and her overall attitude is still very ugly.

She cant blame Davina for wanting to kill herself!! That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

She isnt a stable person...and she needs to STFU.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    What gets me is the fact that she thought she shouldnt be boo'd because she is a transexual!!!

Whatever next??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick also stated that Nadia could have looked much worse and was edited to look a bit better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davina was kind to Nadia in the exit interview, except for the comments about Josie. Davina had also incited the hatred for Nadia on her twitter page the day after Nadia mentioned that perhaps John James wasn't the perfect match for Josie.

This is despite the biggest topic of Nadia's stay there was her argument with Coolio, and yet, this is completely glossed over in the exit interview.

In addition Davina then made jokes about Nadia on BBBM, referring to Nadia's boyish good looks, and then when it becomes apparent that Nadia wasn't going to be on the show, said that they should talk behind her back.
    On the same show they had a sketch, which Davina took part in, mocking Nadia's argument, and making out it was only over a pair of shoes.

Perhaps it is you that watched the show in an alternate universe?

No, I just understand when things are meant in a bad way and when they are tongue in cheek. And I also realise that voicing an opinion on Twitter is not "inciting hatred".
  • Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who to believe RE Nadia? Nick- the guy who claimed his wife died in a car crash or Makosi the woman who claimed to be pregnant without having sex? BB's 2 most notorious liars.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Brian and Ulrika also confirmed Coolio's comment to Makosi and Josie re the hand up the skirt thing.

I like Nadia, but she has a tendency to mis-interpret things and fly off on the defensive.

So whilst I think there is a lot of Coolio stuff that needs to be flushed out, I think she has taken the Davina comment wrongly (it was offensive, and Davina did apologise, so IMO that should be the end of that one).

Re Ulrika, I'd be surprised if Ulrika actually said to Nadia "oh **** off you fat tranny", or something along those lines. But similarly it's not the sort of thing you would make up. So I'm torn on that one.

It's all a bit weird. The one thing I would say is that no matter how hurt and betrayed Nadia is feeling, I don't think burning ALL her bridges on this one is a wise move.

If she is serious about her new business (Yamutto - jewellry and accessories), and is writing an autobiography, the support of channel 4 and people involved in the media through big bro could be very helpful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please link to the source where Nadia says Ulrika called her a fat tranny
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndyJK wrote: »
    Can someone please link to the source where Nadia says Ulrika called her a fat tranny

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/news/a276690/ubb-nadia-davina-made-me-hate-myself.html
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    AndyJK wrote: »

There isn't one, other than this.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/news/a276690/ubb-nadia-davina-made-me-hate-myself.html

I wonder how many more slights will be remembered as the press dries up even more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Nadia has now apologised in Now magazine for what she said to Josie:

http://www.*******************/big-brother/nadia-almada-apolgises-for-criticising-josie-gibson-and-john-james-parton/

(Well her latest agents are at least helping her make a bit of money before she goes off into obscurity, and isn't that what BB is all about at the end of the day - I know if I was a housemate I'd milk my 15mins for all I could get before heading home to normality!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.*******************/big-brother/nadia-almada-apolgises-for-criticising-josie-gibson-and-john-james-parton/

Big Brother star Nadia Almada has apologised for trying to warn Josie Gibson off John James Parton.

When she re-entered the BB house, on the first night of Ultimate Big Brother, Nadia told the BB11 winner:

‘I don’t think he likes you as much as you like him.’

‘His kisses don’t seem real, it’s as if he’s afraid of women. Maybe he was traumatised as a a child, I don’t know.’

The statement sowed seeds of doubt in Josie’s head and led to her walking out of the house and into John James arms just a few days later. In an interview with Now magazine (Nadia seems to be doing A LOT of interviews for a woman on the brink of suicide!) Nadia apologised for the comments saying:

‘I apologise for those comments. They were insensitive and it was bad timing.

‘As a viewer I loved Josie, I just didn’t think [John James] cared for her the same way.

‘That’s what everyone else was saying.’

Surely if she was standing by her opinion, then she wouldn't be apologising for it. To then try and push blame on John McCrirrick is typical of Nadia, but Nadia was pushing her opinion whereas JMc was sort of different.