Options

I still stand by what i said last year; Kim Medcalf is the better Sam!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,632
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just been watching clips of Kim as Sam on youtube now and i have to say, i'm actually still annoyed that EE brought back that awful Daniella as Sam. I just can't stand her at all. I actually thought Kim's Sam was a lot more likeable and seemed to get involved in "deep" storylines rather than silly ones (like this one now).

I know they said all that about Daniella being the Sam that caused friction between Bianca and Ricky, but in my eyes, it's no excuse for how they totally ditched Kim Medcalf, for me, she made the character of Sam a lot better than Daniella Westbrook did. Plus i could really see Kim's Sam getting on with Ronnie :).

Comments

• Options
    open_endedopen_ended Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *yawn*
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 57,055
    Forum Member
    the bianca/ricky thing was a poor excuse. there isnt even any chemistry there so why did they think there was? Kim was much better and i agree I found Sam a lot more interesting and likable when Kim played her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I could never understand why they got Daniella to come back and play Sam as Kim is the better actress :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May i also add that this whole "i can't change a baby's nappy" thing is a total disgrace.

From the clips i've watched, Kim's Sam used to babysit Little Mo's baby (Freddie?) from time to time!
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    xbellax wrote: »
    I could never understand why they got Daniella to come back and play Sam as Kim is the better actress :)

Because of the OMG!! factor. It's what EE thrives on these days.
  • Options
    Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    Just been watching clips of Kim as Sam on youtube now and i have to say, i'm actually still annoyed that EE brought back that awful Daniella as Sam. I just can't stand her at all. I actually thought Kim's Sam was a lot more likeable and seemed to get involved in "deep" storylines rather than silly ones (like this one now).

I know they said all that about Daniella being the Sam that caused friction between Bianca and Ricky, but in my eyes, it's no excuse for how they totally ditched Kim Medcalf, for me, she made the character of Sam a lot better than Daniella Westbrook did. Plus i could really see Kim's Sam getting on with Ronnie :).

Could you really? hmmmm well regardless of who had played Sam the material would have been exactly the same so don't suppose anything would have been different.

The cast wanted Danniella back. It was Patsy Palmer who begged them to make it happen. John Yorke liked the idea and ran with it. John was the one who recast the role and gave it to Kim in the first place. So if he wanted Danniella back over Kim that also tells a story and a half.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam was completely different when played by Kim, to be fair it isn't DW fault, this ridiculous storyline brings all the characters down to a dump :yawn: Kim was always the better actress IMO and should've been bought back before xmas but oh well at least DW will be gone soon until she returns sometime in the future...
  • Options
    ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    Could you really? hmmmm well regardless of who had played Sam the material would have been exactly the same so don't suppose anything would have been different.

The cast wanted Danniella back. It was Patsy Palmer who begged them to make it happen. John Yorke liked the idea and ran with it. John was the one who recast the role and gave it to Kim in the first place. So if he wanted Danniella back over Kim that also tells a story and a half.

Basically this.

the bianca/ricky thing was a poor excuse. there isnt even any chemistry there so why did they think there was? Kim was much better and i agree I found Sam a lot more interesting and likable when Kim played her

AHAHAHAHA!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ListedBuzz wrote: »
    Basically this.

AHAHAHAHA!

:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :confused:

Something funny about'cha commenting on an on-screen couple-ish's chemistry, is all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Basically: Kim's Sam made Sam Mitchell one of my fave EE characters, DW's Sam makes her my worst. It's not necessarily DW's fault, I accept she was the original but I just can't even see the two characters as the same person. I can't imagine DW's Sam digging up Den just like I can't imagine Kim's Sam doing this whole Jack/Ricky storyline.

Kim's Sam was one of the biggest characters in 05 and I really enjoyed it but now I can't wait for Sam to get off our screens :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ListedBuzz wrote: »
    Something funny about'cha commenting on an on-screen couple-ish's chemistry, is all.

thats completly different. its not about ricky and Sam as a couple its about the storyline as a whole
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Kim and I like Daniella, but I prefer Daniella as Sam probably because she is the original Sam and it adds to the continuity, I wish they had brought Kim in as a Mitchell cousin at the time, a character in her own right, she played the part in a completely different way, I just can't reconcile today's ditsy, tarty Sam (and as she was originally) with the Sam who strode around the square with her suit and briefcase running the Mitchell empire, and I know she lost it all but that was more to do with being a target for both Den Watts and Andy Hunter than entirely to do with bad business sense
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lauren__ wrote: »
    Basically: Kim's Sam made Sam Mitchell one of my fave EE characters, DW's Sam makes her my worst. It's not necessarily DW's fault, I accept she was the original but I just can't even see the two characters as the same person. I can't imagine DW's Sam digging up Den just like I can't imagine Kim's Sam doing this whole Jack/Ricky storyline.

Kim's Sam was one of the biggest characters in 05 and I really enjoyed it but now I can't wait for Sam to get off our screens :(

Blame Santer, he told her not to look up and try to make it believable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree, Kim Medcalf all the way. Plus she was hot, but that's neither here nor there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Totally agree, Kim Medcalf all the way. Plus she was hot, but that's neither here nor there.

Wouldn't have needed to add that if it was the case.
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree completly about them being two different charactors. Kim's Sam was a clever sophiscated woman who ran the Mitchell Empire and dug up Dirty Den. Daniella's Sam comes over as thick and clueless about pretty much everything tbh.They should be two completly different charactors. This is the problem with recasting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lordo350 wrote: »
    I agree completly about them being two different charactors. Kim's Sam was a clever sophiscated woman who ran the Mitchell Empire and dug up Dirty Den. Daniella's Sam comes over as thick and clueless about pretty much everything tbh.They should be two completly different charactors. This is the problem with recasting.

Lost the Vic, slept with a Gangster, slept with a woman beater, lost all the families money, yep... Genius.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dreadful acting from Daniella Westbrook at moment
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    IIRC Kim turned down returning as Sam(she's doing well in America), so they bought back Daniella.
  • Options
    silver mistresssilver mistress Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Wasnt Kim pregnant at the time Santer wanted Sam back? I agree with the other posters..Daniellas Sam I just cant see being married to that Andy Hunter back then.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish the producers would have the nerve to kill Sam off, rather than just continually bring her back (which I'm sure they will do, yet again:yawn:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Get Over It For God Sakes Kim Aint Coming Anyhow Dannielle Originally Played Her So Has Every Right 2 Continue Playing Her!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,358
    Forum Member
    I liked Kim but Daniella is Sam Mitchell. However the Sam in this visit seems a different Sam to the permatanned one that came back last time. If Sam had some back as she is now I don;t think it would have seemed such a change and would ahve linked to Kim's years
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    xbellax wrote: »
    Because she played alongside Ricky and Bianca and i can't say i like her but she's the Original sam and i wasn't all that keen on KIm either.