✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Excuse me, are you me?

Haha I still don't understand the hate on here :(
  • Options
    daddy66daddy66 Posts: 12,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I predict, that Glen & Becca will win this years series. I can't stand Glen, personally... he plays up to the camera and to Brendan, too much for my liking. (although, I suspect Brendan has a soft spot for him.)

Kayleigh, should have bit her tongue and waited to all had a yellow card before speaking her mind! - It's not a social in the pub, it's a game-show. Not well played !
  • Options
    fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    This appears to have become a very whiney board!!!

I am willing to bet that if the dummie brummies had been on from day 1 and then Amanda and Nicki had showed up later, a lot on here would be baying for them to get the brummies off.

Probably.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    As long as snobby mummy's boy and his rugby ball gets voted off soon then I'll be happy.

I second that! ....What is with him and his rugby ball? My sons, have both had a 'transitional object' up to the age of five - Now they are independent and they don't need their 'Teddie bears' any longer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Fake..!" So shouts the young lady who is no stranger to dodgy nylon hair extensions, a full face of slap and the in your face evidence of very dark roots.

Please tell me she was being ironic.

And, if you're going to step in with all guns blazing you really need to check that you've got more than one bullet. She's blown it.
  • Options
    ldslds Posts: 1,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiletto wrote: »
    "Fake..!" So shouts the young lady who is no stranger to dodgy nylon hair extensions, a full face of slap and the in your face evidence of very dark roots.

And, if you're going to step in with all guns blazing you really need to check that you've got more than one bullet. She's blown it.

Morning, Stiltsy :)

Couldn't agree more - with both you and Hoppy.

Problem is - I don't think Kayleigh really understands irony!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goshie wrote: »
    Just thought you'd all be interested to know we have received an apology from 12yard / channel 4 about the 'flag quiz' and fair play to them, they admitted they were in the wrong. Nice to know we arent 'thick' after all!:p

Hi Goshie, what was all that about the flag? I saw the clip but didn't really understand it all tbh. What did the programme apologise for?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lds wrote: »
    Morning, Stiltsy :)

Couldn't agree more - with both you and Hoppy.

Problem is - I don't think Kayleigh really understands irony!!

Morning Ida. xxxx Morning ALL. :)

At least A&N know how to get the vote to suit them whereas Kayleigh and Helena are going via the sledgehammer to crack a nut route.

I think there's a serious flaw in their masterplan somewhere. ;):D

I have no faith in the Ball Boys either. They're just there to make up the numbers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiletto wrote: »

Excellent, retort! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daddy66 wrote: »
    Excellent, retort! :D:D:D

I know I sound mean - but if anyone thought that this was going to be the arrival of some conquering hero(ine) then they're sorely mistaken.
    I'm just disappointed that the A&N show has become a juggernaut. Everyone else is merely a member of the supporting cast.
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Its only X-Factor in my work, dont think anyone watches Strictly in my place

Yeah strictly, what a load of outdated garbage, it is just such a boring idea watch z listers do ballroom dancing, I really don't see the appeal at all.
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever people' hatred of Amanda and Nikki, and it probably adds to the hatred of them is they sure know how to work this game, I think Amanda is the brains and Nikki is just well a nice person at heart but easily led. Amanda is likes to have a couple to target and subtly can cause they have been on so long and the alliance with knowing they will never get Glen and Becka (or whatever her name is I can't remember) votes, gives them the upperhand and new comings are very vulnerable to fight back cause they have no support. Amanda is a very dominant female character and no one apart from James this season and maybe the irish girl has dared to stand up for themselves, only doing that is often a mad decision cause it turns the others onto you. Amanda has a way of acting nice to people in the click and they just can't see through her or dare not to make any form of alliance with anyone else or they will be targeted by her to go. Its very tactical and rather clever you have to admit. If she doesn't win it at the end, she has in most people's eyes been the one who has worked out this game the best.

Credit to her but that said she has spoilt this years for me and it's just so annoying as she never seems to get anywhere close to going now.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    junipaire wrote: »
    whatever people' hatred of Amanda and Nikki, and it probably adds to the hatred of them is they sure know how to work this game, I think Amanda is the brains and Nikki is just well a nice person at heart but easily led. Amanda is likes to have a couple to target and subtly can cause they have been on so long and the alliance with knowing they will never get Glen and Becka (or whatever her name is I can't remember) votes, gives them the upperhand and new comings are very vulnerable to fight back cause they have no support. Amanda is a very dominant female character and no one apart from James this season and maybe the irish girl has dared to stand up for themselves, only doing that is often a mad decision cause it turns the others onto you. Amanda has a way of acting nice to people in the click and they just can't see through her or dare not to make any form of alliance with anyone else or they will be targeted by her to go. Its very tactical and rather clever you have to admit. If she doesn't win it at the end, she has in most people's eyes been the one who has worked out this game the best.

Credit to her but that said she has spoilt this years for me and it's just so annoying as she never seems to get anywhere close to going now.

Trouble is, its not exactly something to be proud about is it? The way she has been portrayed/come across is hardly anything to shout about....

I would be mortified if I was Amanda. Although, saying that, she probably thinks she is now a tv start and has done nothing wrong.

Its a shame that the programme has descended into what it is. If it means that to stay on you have to be nasty behind people's backs, backstab and hate every new couple on sight, then this is a far cry from how it used to be.

Yes, that all went on in earlier series, but to a lesser extent I think. Now, its just plain nasty
  • Options
    eddy_windarseeddy_windarse Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    I.B. Non wrote: »
    Great to have you back Eddy. Where you been this series?

Hello I.B & CT fans,

Thank's for welcoming me back although i've not been anywhere not even on holiday:cry: I've only watched some of the current CT episodes because with the new voting system and the way the CT's have been voting, for myself it's spoilt the show. The fact that couple's are given a yellow card but cannot be given a 2nd yellow the next day is wrong. I'd of thought that a better voting system would be where by all the couples vote alone in a room off camera & also away from Brendan aswell with Brendan giving the final vote if their's a tie-break? At the end of the show the viewers then get to see who voted for who and why along with Brendan's reason's. It's also apparant that we the viewer are being cheated because during the first couple of Series's of CT their was a good blend of programming showing half about the Place's being visited along with info on the Culture & Traditions & the other half concerning the couples. That's not so i feel the case with today's CT format as the emphasis seem's more on the couples and not the place's they visit, one couple in particular seem to have the show all to themselves and are probably hoping for a tv stint once this series has ended, any idea who i mean?

Anyway that's my Saturday CT rant over with so i'd better get back to finishing off the housework.

Everyone enjoy your weekend

Regards
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Jequila wrote: »
    Hi Goshie, what was all that about the flag? I saw the clip but didn't really understand it all tbh. What did the programme apologise for?

hi jequila,
    not many people understood it, not even the 2 couples calling us thick on the coach!
    I dont really want to get in to it again as its too political, lets just say it was the wrong flag they used to represent the whole of N/ireland.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    i disagree with you there... they are awful. in what way is 'being a barbie' a good thing? and their complaint against amanda and nicky was totally shot to pieces yesterday.

why?

because EVERYONE else voted tactically so not to send someone home!!!! EVERYONE except them who voted for the girls....why? because they stupidly tried to musscle in on them rugby guys. lame excuse, picking on amanda and nicky for voting tactically when others did... its not about growing a backbone, its about not wanting to send home people they like! id suggest that by them voting for the boys, they WERE being brave! i see no 'gutless aliance', just friends who want to last until the end.

i hope they get the yellow on monday, red on wednesday... i hate bimbos.

Goodness me did someone forget his weetabix!! If you choose to vote independantly of the gutless alliance, you need to give your genuine personel reasons why. Our b.ham lasses hit the nail on the head 'with freinds like you two, who needs enemies', I hardly think chucking wotsits ball in pig poo is muscling in..... not the best mucsling in line in the book. If you read between the lines those two gals are doing it to pee off miss almighty, and it's working, perhaps if you have extensions and a bit o slap you think they are incapable of wind up and a touch of irony:D
    I get the impression they were hoping for some good activities and a bit of a laugh, unfortunately channel 4 flew them to the A & N show, best way to get out of there before your head explodes, upset miss assume the pose:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi jequila,
    not many people understood it, not even the 2 couples calling us thick on the coach!
    I dont really want to get in to it again as its too political, lets just say it was the wrong flag they used to represent the whole of N/ireland.

its the ulster flag northern irelands flag. whats wrong with that:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi jequila,

Hi Goshie, thanks for the explanation. What flag should they have used to represent Northern Ireland?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hi jequila,

Hi Goshie

Glad you got your apology :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brunosgal wrote: »
    its the ulster flag northern irelands flag. whats wrong with that:mad:

Hi, I didn't see your post there. I've googled and can only find the Ulster flag to represent Northern Ireland too. :confused: Maybe they use the Union Flag now or summat instead. Can't see it being the Tricolour as that only represents the South of Ireland I believe. Even more confused now ..... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi, I didn't see your post there. I've googled and can only find the Ulster flag to represent Northern Ireland too. :confused: Maybe they use the Union Flag now or summat instead. Can't see it being the Tricolour as that only represents the South of Ireland I believe. Even more confused now ..... :D

From what Goshie has said it's very involved and probably best left. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    ct2010fan wrote: »
    From what Goshie has said it's very involved and probably best left. :)

thanks val.:D

I hate politics:mad:
  • Options
    binksy111binksy111 Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ct2010fan wrote: »
    I am loving the 2 west mids gals, us straight talking b.ham gals,or as brennie says 'blunt' make for good entertainment if we are given an editing chance, shame the gutless alliance will do the business on Monday.

Didn't mind watching this episode so much, it seemed a bit more lively.

I think the Brummie lasses went in too fast with their vote on A&n, I think if they had formed a relationship with the group first then gone for them it would have been a little more effective, as there are very strong alliances now on the coach and it appears A&N are the Alpha pair and it doesnt help anyone who goes against them. The comments went against them, but if they were intending to get a reaction it definitely worked, and I did enjoy the reaction :eek::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trouble is, its not exactly something to be proud about is it? The way she has been portrayed/come across is hardly anything to shout about....

I would be mortified if I was Amanda. Although, saying that, she probably thinks she is now a tv start and has done nothing wrong.

Its a shame that the programme has descended into what it is. If it means that to stay on you have to be nasty behind people's backs, backstab and hate every new couple on sight, then this is a far cry from how it used to be.

Yes, that all went on in earlier series, but to a lesser extent I think. Now, its just plain nasty

Well put Bdgirl...

This is all I have been saying for the entire series!... the first three series were (in my opinion) comedy gold, of course there will always be backstabbing, but I never really disliked any of the contestants, okay granted that the likes of Andrea and Ivor, Tracey and James and Tom and Matt were easy to dislike, but I almost loved to hate them, I tuned in everyday in the hope they would be eliminated, so in a way, it made me more enthusiastic about the show.

However the last 2 series haven't really done much for me, the last series was the first time I began to feel like certain contestants were overstaying their welcome; I.e. Nathan and Romaine, Matt and Paul and Carla and Angie.

This series just seems to have spiraled off into some strange show where the original point has been defeated; the show is about voting off the traveller's you don't think should be on the trip.

Look at the eolder series, the likes of Phil and Marion were voted off because they weren't interested in the foreign food; even though the other contestants liked them, they knew that was the fairest way of dishing out the cards; nowadays it just seems "your not on a yellow card"... or "we generally haven't talked to you much" is a good enough excuse.

The first three series were based on events through out the day; "we are voting for you because you are always complaining about the food" etc.

I know many of you may disagree with this, but it's how I feel, I have watched since series 1, and always loved the show. I struggled through the last series, but this time round I just can't get into it.

All I can think is "if this was series 1, Nikki and Amanda would've been gone by day 2".

I agree people will naturally form friendships with other contestants, but in the first couple of series that wasn't the basis of their entire votes. I remember Kerri and John once voting for Lorenzo and Alan even though they were friends with them, but at the time it seemed like a fair vote.

sorry to rant.
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yep that flag or the union flag is NI thats it!