Options

Pitch Perfect Katie, Perfect Pop Princess

Comments

• Options
    Alicia SpinnettAlicia Spinnett Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    jlay wrote: »
    Where have you got your consensus from? Have you set up a poll somewhere?

Queen live were ace and would think that Freddie would laugh at this cover version but think Al Murray will think it was sacrilege.

Dare I say it, but Katie was equal to if not superior vocally to Freddie Mecury tonight. She has a wonderful quality and range and she did not even use most of her voice.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was awful.

Horrid personality and a weak vocal.

Enough already, get her out.
  • Options
    riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her performance was ok.

annoyed me that she sang this song, when she didnt sing it that well during the auditions
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does she sing like Welsh singers? Is this part of her fake persona?
  • Options
    RemmaRemma Posts: 4,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dare I say it, but Katie was equal to if not superior vocally to Freddie Mecury tonight. She has a wonderful quality and range and she did not even use most of her voice.

You really are having a laugh, aren't you? I do agree, though, that Katie didn't use most of her voice, which is a shame, really, as that song should have more than one note, and if she'd made even a little effort, then she maybe, possibly could have raised her performance to adequate.

The only good thing to be said for tonight's performance is that she managed to make it all the way through without breaking down. That, in itself is something of a miracle.
  • Options
    elouiselouis Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ew, you don't use cotton buds do you?
  • Options
    henke777henke777 Posts: 465
    Forum Member

oh my god did you really just say that comment:eek::eek: whoa you really need help cheryl sorry i mean alicia
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

and now I know for certain that you are trolling this forum!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I loved Katie's performance! Love her voice and her style is interesting - can't wait to see her next week!
  • Options
    Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Troll Alert! :D I thought your Cher "love" was bad, this is just OTT
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Mr Blonde or that mad one that supported Karly in BB.:D

I have been thinking along the lines of Mr Blonde, or someone copying them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but Kate was a sack of shit. no big star there at all.
  • Options
    JazziJazzi Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Well the OP can "Spinnett" any way she chooses but I thought Katie was a load of old cobblers tonight.

Waissel/Vogel is a tuneless, vacuous, talentless, shameless wannabe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    I loved Katie's performance! Love her voice and her style is interesting - can't wait to see her next week!

same :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I thought Katie's performance was surprisingly good tonight. Not the most powerful vocals and I don't think it was the best song choice for her but I can't wait to see what she will be doing next week (as I'm pretty confident she won't go home tomorrow). I thought Cher did really poor tonight but I don't think she will be in the bottom 3.

John and FYD are almost certain to be in the bottom 3. I honestly can't even remember what they sang. I have a feeling the other act will come as a bit of a shock but let's wait until tomorrow night... :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked her version of the song. She was perfectly in tune, unlike some of the others - eg:- FYD were flat and Matt was sharp ( To be fair I think this often just happens because they can't hear their own backing track and it's very difficult to stay in tune with something you can't hear ).

She also has a lovely tone to her voice that I think was overlooked by the judges because of her Gaga outfit and the organ balanced on the two guys' heads etc.

Is she as good a singer as Freddie Mercury ? Er, no. NOBODY is. The man was a genius.
  • Options
    madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    Who is Freddy Mercury?

Is he a scientist?

No, I'm joking, but who is he?. Obviously a singer, but....???
  • Options
    V1Chris21V1Chris21 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never liked her but after tonight's performance, I've changed my mind. I was angry that she got into the live shows over Gamu but now I think we should just move on, there's nothing we can do about it and hating Katie isn't going to benefit anyone.

As for the people who hated what she was wearing, if Lady Gaga wore it, they'd probably love it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad song choice and stupid decision to make her pretend she's playing piano.

Still, she's not nearly as bad as some others (step forward Diva Fever, Matt Cardle & Nicolo) and I'd like to see what she's got next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madlh100 wrote: »
    Who is Freddy Mercury?

Is he a scientist?

No, I'm joking, but who is he?. Obviously a singer, but....???

You've heard him, you just don't know it's him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY&feature=fvsr
  • Options
    madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    You've heard him, you just don't know it's him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY&feature=fvsr

I can't view YOUTUBE videos. Connection problems.

I probably wouldn't have known he was a singer if it wasn't for this thread, not that it matters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madlh100 wrote: »
    I can't view YOUTUBE videos. Connection problems.

I probably wouldn't have known he was a singer if it wasn't for this thread, not that it matters.

Put on MTV hits/classic or Vh1. A Queen song will come on in approx. 10 minutes or less.
  • Options
    _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I loved her hat.

I would vote for her hat.

If it were a show about hats.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved her hat.

I would vote for her hat.

If it were a show about hats.

Nah Matt's hat beat her hat.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad song choice and stupid decision to make her pretend she's playing piano.

Still, she's not nearly as bad as some others (step forward Diva Fever, Matt Cardle & Nicolo) and I'd like to see what she's got next week.

I thought it was a great idea, there is practically no end to the instruments she can pretend to play every week.
    Harp, trombone, didgeridoo..combined with a funny hat, what more do you want ?