Options

John back to Austrailia

Comments

• Options
    CHARMER1CHARMER1 Posts: 9,026
    Forum Member
    I have read many a fan say that the reason JJJ they dont display their "love" on TV is because they want to keep their love to each other and that they are too shy to show it which I have never believed anyway, so why do so if you are aware that alot of fans are reading it :confused: If I had a few followers then I would not worry but they are aware that fans are reading it.
  • Options
    ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CHARMER1 wrote: »
    I have read many a fan say that the reason JJJ they dont display their "love" on TV is because they want to keep their love to each other and that they are too shy to show it which I have never believed anyway, so why do so if you are aware that alot of fans are reading it :confused: If I had a few followers then I would not worry but they are aware that fans are reading it.

Because writing "Love you like cooked food" is far easier to do knowing people are reading it, than snogging in front of a camera man and sound man and photographer.

Same reason many people post thoughts on forums like these but perhaps wouldn't want to project forth in front of a bunch of strangers about their political views.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ikkleosu wrote: »
    Well, I'd imagine so, though six degrees of separation and all that... ;)

I guess I just don't find it strange in this modern age. My Facebook friends range from about 14 to 70 (largely family) and many of them leave public messages for each other, even though we have phone numbers, private messaging etc. I even wished my Mum happy birthday on her FB wall, though I saw her in person as well.

If they released such a statement, I'd be hugely surprised and find it ridiculous as they have made it EXTREMELY clear there are in a romantic relationship. They could easily split up, but they cannot possibly suggest a "misunderstanding" after all they have said publicly about their relationship.

Not to me, obviously enough. Or to very many others either. I've heard him say he loves her quite a few times, but I love lots of people, I've shared houses with quite a few guys over the years, but that doesn't mean I was sleeping with any of them. For my money, she's joked many times about smoothin' him right over, but I've never EVER seen them have a serious conversation with anyone that included an assertion of a physical relationship. I think the reason some people are replaying, and replaying, and replaying their conversations is that they have niggling doubts about exactly this. :) And I don't blame them.
  • Options
    ftw774ftw774 Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Not to me, obviously enough. Or to very many others either. I've heard him say he loves her quite a few times, but I love lots of people, I've shared houses with quite a few guys over the years, but that doesn't mean I was sleeping with any of them. For my money, she's joked many times about smoothin' him right over, but I've never EVER seen them have a serious conversation with anyone that included an assertion of a physical relationship. I think the reason some people are replaying, and replaying, and replaying their conversations is that they have niggling doubts about exactly this. :) And I don't blame them.

When would we have seen it Pats? Just curious...it's just that in the house my take on it was that they were waiting until they got out before they decided anything, ergo the whole question of sex wouldn't have been discussed in a serious manner until they were out of the house. Save a one hour documentary we have not been privy to their conversations with anyone, so I'm really at a loss to know how we would know this.

I've watched the odd clip back, but my view of them was formed first hand without any helping hand from others. I think I know what you're getting at though ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftw774 wrote: »
    When would we have seen it Pats? Just curious...it's just that in the house my take on it was that they were waiting until they got out before they decided anything, ergo the whole question of sex wouldn't have been discussed in a serious manner until they were out of the house. Save a one hour documentary we have not been privy to their conversations with anyone, so I'm really at a loss to know how we would know this.

I've watched the odd clip back, but my view of them was formed first hand without any helping hand from others. I think I know what you're getting at though ;)

Well the first point of proof in most cases of a reality TV romance is a snog, or a grope or a clear element of TWO-SIDED sexual tension. Nada, not a dicky-bird :o from JJ. The first major alarm bell, even for the true believer, must have been the 'So is she your girlfriend?' question followed by the sound of tumbleweed colliding with Davina's arse. One snog fi'thy? just one, on her winning night or her walk out, on the documentary, at one of the parties? He actually can't bring himself to do it. Maybe he's not quite as odious as her....:D (it's a tight race though)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd imagine you've never said you are "in love" with lots of people though, correct? Both Josie and John James have said those word numerous times. They have both talked about being each other's boyfriend and girlfriend.

Although a lot of the "smoothing over" type conversations have been tongue in cheek, they have both talked about their sex life again on numerous occasions. Never mind all the talk of marriage, kids, fancying each other etc. So to say that they haven't made it clear they are in a romantic relationship is being deliberately obtuse, IMO.

As someone who has watched clips of them over and over, I can 100% say that I have never had any niggling doubts about how genuine their romantic relationship is. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine you've never said you are "in love" with lots of people though, correct? Both Josie and John James have said those word numerous times. They have both talked about being each other's boyfriend and girlfriend.

Although a lot of the "smoothing over" type conversations have been tongue in cheek, they have both talked about their sex life again on numerous occasions. Never mind all the talk of marriage, kids, fancying each other etc. So to say that they haven't made it clear they are in a romantic relationship is being deliberately obtuse, IMO.

As someone who has watched clips of them over and over, I can 100% say that I have never had any niggling doubts about how genuine their romantic relationship is. :)

:D:D:D You're calling ME obtuse? :D:D:D
    Have a look back through my posts, will you. Blunt, abrupt, straight and to the point, that's me. Obtuse, that's so funny!!!
    I think he only ever said that he loved her when he was under severe pressure to do so and he looked like he was under severe pressure to do so. What I DID clearly hear him say was that he loved her like a sister, he didn't look at her like that and he didn't want to be accused of leading her on.
    And yes he did change his tune - after a series of BB backed business meetings under the dirty grey duvet. And I, 100%, have no doubts about that. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member

Not to me either, I watched some of the programme last night and there was more chemistry between Josie and that big guy who hugged her, than I have ever seen between her and John James.

Josie tries her hardest to convince people they are a couple but JJ can't act, they try to look romantic but he just cant pull it off, he was quick to pick his bedroom, I don't think he was joking, just forgot they're being filmed.

I really wanted to see some chemistry between these two, that's why I recorded the programme, but it's obvious this is a working relationship, earn as much as they can in 6 months then part company, I don't blame them for that, but would like them better if they admitted they are just friends who love each other, but are not in love with each other.

I have my suspicions about him being gay, ......There is something a bit odd about him, it was obvious in the BB house he didn't fancy Josie in a sexual way, although there was a glint in his eye when he was with Keeva.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well the first point of proof in most cases of a reality TV romance is a snog, or a grope or a clear element of TWO-SIDED sexual tension. Nada, not a dicky-bird :o from JJ. The first major alarm bell, even for the true believer, must have been the 'So is she your girlfriend?' question followed by the sound of tumbleweed colliding with Davina's arse. One snog fi'thy? just one, on her winning night or her walk out, on the documentary, at one of the parties? He actually can't bring himself to do it. Maybe he's not quite as odious as her....:D (it's a tight race though)

So if he gives her the full tongue sarnie on camera some people might start to believe it? I don't buy it Pat's. If he did people would just find something else to pick at in my humblest ;) I'm sure he's read why people don't think it's real, so the easiest thing in the world would be for him to do the deed. Couple of brandy's, think of skippyland, aim the camera this way sport and bingo - The money shot :cool::D

I've never seen my closest friend and her husband snog, and nor would I want to, but it doesn't mean they're not in love. Some people just do prefer to do that kind of thing in private.

Edit - The thing that bothers me most tbh are the other housemates and the people that know them. Not one word out there saying anything in the negative. I really would have to suspend my disbelief if they were all keeping schtum of their suspicions of it being fake.
  • Options
    Forum Member

These are clips that don't tell the whole story, we see it all the time on BB when the camera catches a look on someones face, but it's just a look taken out of context for them to build a story round. How do you account for JJ fighting Josie off when she wanted to kiss him? if he had fancied her he wouldn't have acted in that way. Josie only fancied JJ when Rachel told her the producers were editing them as a love story, her a JJ decided to play along with it, you know that as well as I do but for some reason the fans choose to forget that happened.

I don't know if you have ever been in a serious relationship, but I promise you for the first few months you cant get enough of each other, JJJ seem to spend as much time apart as their contract allows them to. That's not love, it's a working relationship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jak14 wrote: »
    These are clips that don't tell the whole story, we see it all the time on BB when the camera catches a look on someones face, but it's just a look taken out of context for them to build a story round. How do you account for JJ fighting Josie off when she wanted to kiss him? if he had fancied her he wouldn't have acted in that way. Josie only fancied JJ when Rachel told her the producers were editing them as a love story, her a JJ decided to play along with it, you know that as well as I do but for some reason the fans choose to forget that happened.

I don't know if you have ever been in a serious relationship, but I promise you for the first few months you cant get enough of each other, JJJ seem to spend as much time apart as their contract allows them to. That's not love, it's a working relationship.

That I agree with. Taking things out of context can twist your view.

They spent most of their time in bed in the BB house. Would that constitute 'getting enough of each other'? I personally don't think it's going to be a forever relationship, but I do think it is a relationship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So if he gives her the full tongue sarnie on camera some people might start to believe it? I don't buy it Pat's. If he did people would just find something else to pick at in my humblest ;) I'm sure he's read why people don't think it's real, so the easiest thing in the world would be for him to do the deed. Couple of brandy's, think of skippyland, aim the camera this way sport and bingo - The money shot :cool::D

I've never seen my closest friend and her husband snog, and nor would I want to, but it doesn't mean they're not in love. Some people just do prefer to do that kind of thing in private.

Edit - The thing that bothers me most tbh are the other housemates and the people that know them. Not one word out there saying anything in the negative. I really would have to suspend my disbelief if they were all keeping schtum of their suspicions of it being fake.

What would be the point of them spilling the beans it would be interpreted as sour grapes............Maybe Rachael Nathan and Keeva would have something to say, but they don't seem to be invited to the OK parties;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

1 clip, 1 look taken out of context obviously can be made to say whatever you want to. (it's what tabloids survive on, after all). However, hundreds and HUNDREDS of looks and dozens and dozens of clips all telling the same story, leads one to believe that the one portrayed is accurate.

I account for John "fighting Josie off" because as he's said man times a) he didn't want to start a relationship of that kind in the house and b) he doesn't like kissing in front of other people. But despite these facts, he couldn't resist and kissed her quite a few times in the house, when he thought no-one was looking.

How do you explain, if they are faking it and it's so unbelievable, why they haven't just done a snog for the sake of their fake relationship? If Michael Jackson can pull it off, I'm sure John James could. ;)

Yes, I have been in a serious relationship or 2, I'm married. And while I adore my husband, I've never wanted to be around him 24/7 (though when I am, I enjoy his company). You know, sometimes I CHOSE to sleep in a separate bed. Sometimes we chose to spend time apart. I don't think I've ever snogged him in front of anyone and I'd give my right leg to have a separate bathroom. I suppose with these confessions and my one about facebook, that I need to start realising my relationship is just business.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What would be the point of them spilling the beans it would be interpreted as sour grapes............Maybe Rachael Nathan and Keeva would have something to say, but they don't seem to be invited to the OK parties;)

You could flip that and say what would be the point of them saying it was real, which many of them have ;)

I don't think it would be interpreted as sour grapes tbh. I think it would be seen by a lot of people as confirmation of their suspicions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could flip that and say what would be the point of them saying it was real, which many of them have ;)

I don't think it would be interpreted as sour grapes tbh. I think it would be seen by a lot of people as confirmation of their suspicions.

And what about the UBB HMS who are arguably more successful than them, such as Brian and Ulrika? Or the ones not in the OK! happy-clappy crowd such as Victor, Nick and Rex. They have all mentioned how genuine and lovely JJJ are as a couple.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That I agree with. Taking things out of context can twist your view.

They spent most of their time in bed in the BB house. Would that constitute 'getting enough of each other'? I personally don't think it's going to be a forever relationship, but I do think it is a relationship.

Can you remember when the under the duvet started? It was after Rachel told them about the outside world. I remember JJ questioning Rachel in the B/R and she advised them to carry on with what they had been doing, Josie was always laying down anyway even with Govan, they took it a little further by getting under the duvet, but nothing happened only in Josie head, JJ wasn't interested in her that way he made that very obvious.

It is a relationship of 2 people who like each other, but they're not madly in love.more like friends who are keeping up a pretence to make money, Josie more so than JJ IMO.................
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And what about the UBB HMS who are arguably more successful than them, such as Brian and Ulrika? Or the ones not in the OK! happy-clappy crowd such as Victor, Nick and Rex. They have all mentioned how genuine and lovely JJJ are as a couple.

Vic did say they were an odd couple, but I think we already knew that ;)

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories tbh, and there are more people involved in this one than Roswell and JFK combined. Maybe I'll add the fake moon landings in as well, just to take account of Josie's family :eek:;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can you remember when the under the duvet started? It was after Rachel told them about the outside world. I remember JJ questioning Rachel in the B/R and she advised them to carry on with what they had been doing, Josie was always laying down anyway even with Govan, they took it a little further by getting under the duvet, but nothing happened only in Josie head, JJ wasn't interested in her that way he made that very obvious.

It is a relationship of 2 people who like each other, but they're not madly in love.more like friends who are keeping up a pretence to make money, Josie more so than JJ IMO.................

So their relationship should have remained static and not developed on any level? That's how a real relationship works. You become closer over time.

As for timings I haven't a foggy. I watched and I made a judgement on what I saw ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1 clip, 1 look taken out of context obviously can be made to say whatever you want to. (it's what tabloids survive on, after all). However, hundreds and HUNDREDS of looks and dozens and dozens of clips all telling the same story, leads one to believe that the one portrayed is accurate.

I account for John "fighting Josie off" because as he's said man times a) he didn't want to start a relationship of that kind in the house and b) he doesn't like kissing in front of other people. But despite these facts, he couldn't resist and kissed her quite a few times in the house, when he thought no-one was looking.

How do you explain, if they are faking it and it's so unbelievable, why they haven't just done a snog for the sake of their fake relationship? If Michael Jackson can pull it off, I'm sure John James could. ;)

Yes, I have been in a serious relationship or 2, I'm married. And while I adore my husband, I've never wanted to be around him 24/7 (though when I am, I enjoy his company). You know, sometimes I CHOSE to sleep in a separate bed. Sometimes we chose to spend time apart. I don't think I've ever snogged him in front of anyone and I'd give my right leg to have a separate bathroom. I suppose with these confessions and my one about facebook, that I need to start realising my relationship is just business.

Whatever I say you will have an excuse, but like you I watched BB and some of the show last night, and there is something missing. It was obvious from the way the talked and played that JJ fancied Keeva, he liked her a lot. I see none of that between him and Josie, he slept with her for weeks but never touched her even in a playful way, there is no doubt in my mind that he could not have done that with Keeva. JJ said many many times he loved Josie like a sister, I believed it then and I believe it now.

You are comparing your relationship with 2 "celebs" I'm sure if someone was paying you and your husband huge sums of money to convince fans you are in love it wouldn't be a hardship to snog and have a cuddle in front of a camera JJJ cant even bring themselves to do that, well JJ cant, what is he embarrassed about? could it be because it's all a con?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So their relationship should have remained static and not developed on any level? That's how a real relationship works. You become closer over time.

As for timings I haven't a foggy. I watched and I made a judgement on what I saw ;)

I expected the relationship to move on but it didn't.One day josie would say he snogged her while he was adamant he loved her like a sister, then Josie forgot and had to admit they hadn't really kissed.

Watching them together last night wasn't much different to seeing them in BB I saw no signs of real affection between them, in fact he seemed p1$$ed off with her slovenly ways, and he wasn't amused at her keep stuffing her face, her eating habits didn't seem to bother him when they were in the house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D You're calling ME obtuse? :D:D:D
    Have a look back through my posts, will you. Blunt, abrupt, straight and to the point, that's me. Obtuse, that's so funny!!!
    I think he only ever said that he loved her when he was under severe pressure to do so and he looked like he was under severe pressure to do so. What I DID clearly hear him say was that he loved her like a sister, he didn't look at her like that and he didn't want to be accused of leading her on.
    And yes he did change his tune - after a series of BB backed business meetings under the dirty grey duvet. And I, 100%, have no doubts about that. :)

Well, that's why I said you were BEING obtuse rather than you ARE obtuse. :) Yes, I think taking a handful of statements and sticking to them when the people involved have since explained those statements and why they are no longer true, and that their actions of the next 2 months contradict those previous statements is being obtuse.

They first went under the duvets around day 15. They would often have whispered night time chats, often with the covers over their heads long before Rachel came in. They spent a lot of time with a duvet wrapped round them after their "crabeyes" argument. John has confirmed what went on under the covers, so at the very least it wasn't in Josie's head.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's why I said you were BEING obtuse rather than you ARE obtuse. :) Yes, I think taking a handful of statements and sticking to them when the people involved have since explained those statements and why they are no longer true, and that their actions of the next 2 months contradict those previous statements is being obtuse.

They first went under the duvets around day 15. They would often have whispered night time chats, often with the covers over their heads long before Rachel came in. They spent a lot of time with a duvet wrapped round them after their "crabeyes" argument. John has confirmed what went on under the covers, so at the very least it wasn't in Josie's head.

:D:D So I'm not obtuse, but I'm being obtuse :D:D:rolleyes:
    There is, of course a - fatal - flaw in your argument, because, in my opinion, an expression you seem to have only a fleeting acquaintance with, everything they did afterwards - and particularly that cringeworthy documentary - firmly confirmed my opinions. They were and are friends, They are not sleeping together but are pretending to do so to make money. It's that simple, as far as I can see it, and I don't believe in insult flinging (obtuse, much?) I can think of lots of words that I would like to use for those who continue to believe otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My difficulty isn't that he isn't snogging her. My difficulty is that he looks incapable of doing so - physically incapable - she clearly would have no objection......her attempts have been met by avoidance tactics a WWE wrestler would be happy to learn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vic did say they were an odd couple, but I think we already knew that ;)

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories tbh, and there are more people involved in this one than Roswell and JFK combined. Maybe I'll add the fake moon landings in as well, just to take account of Josie's family :eek:;)

I'm convinced that a large amount of the housemates and the UBB housemates have the same suspicions that I and the vast majority of DS posters during the series had - but unless they put cameras in the bedroom (s:D) at the Thames apartment, they have no proof either way. In that context, wouldn't they be very stupid to alienate themselves from what is the successful storyline out of the series? What would they gain from it? There have certainly been plenty of pointed comments on twitter from production staff and some ex housemates, but they don't know for sure so, of course, they're not going to say.
    As for Josie's family....... well, I get the impression they could do with a fairytale to hold onto.
    In Roswell, the argument is that those who kept schtum had actually seen the beast with two backs......... no-one else has seen whether or not JJJ have had sex, so they can only have suspicions either way.
    No? :)
  • Options
    She smiled+leftShe smiled+left Posts: 8,007
    Forum Member
    Whatever I say you will have an excuse

Whatever reason you put forward for finding the relationship strange, one thing you can guarantee is that someone will pop up claiming to be in a relationship exactly the same and then accuse you of implying their own relationship is fake.

Example

"He keeps her in a kennel outside of the house, I don't think he loves her at all"

reply: "My husband's kept me in a kennel since the day we met and we've been married for 30 years, I supppose our relationship is fake too?:rolleyes:"

disclaimer: This example is purely fictional. I am in no way suggesting that Josie or any BB fans are being kept in a kennel.