Options

WHY WHY WHY are the judges so DELUDED revolving Cher?

Comments

• Options
    princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's so rubbish that i'm embarassed for her.

I was embarrassed for her initially, but tonight she shocked me by not coming out of "gangster chav" act after performing. She kept her cringy gangster-wannabe body language and gruff voice....no more fake-innocence acts, already.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because she looks good on the eye and has great audio presence... she is different and thats what people dnt like about her she doesnt sing ballards like most people want her too

She looks like a puppet from Thunderbirds, and she has great audio presence if you are deaf. :D
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While lots of people really don't like her, plenty of others do. See Facebook or YouTube.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just think they see her as very current, but she is a one trick pony, everything is the same a bit of so called singing, then a bit of rap, then back to a bit of trying to sing.
  • Options
    BiancaLDNBiancaLDN Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She isnt a chav haha

Haha - I know. I don't think half these people actually know what a chav is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    So "a few Cher threads" are half the public? :D

You don't have a clue do you? :D

Again, if she was so hated, she would have been in the bottom two last week, which she wasn't, so I'm afraid your assumption based on a few threads is unfounded.
    Tamaru wrote: »
    This might shock you, but the DS forums aren't half of the public.

Ok calm down, just in general, on Facebook, on DS, in real life...everyone seems to dislike Cher. Or maybe I just live in a community inwhich not everyone likes listening to dire chav music.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Ok calm down, just in general, on Facebook, on DS, in real life...everyone seems to dislike Cher. Or maybe I just live in a community inwhich not everyone likes listening to dire chav music.

Most people have been perfectly calm, for one. You're the one whose having a meltdown over Cher getting good comments and such. Ultimately, there will always be people with different opinions to you.
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a singing not rapping competition. She isnt even good at that. Maybe she should have gone on Britains Got Talent.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member

She's the chav, yet you and the people in your area are the ones that hate people who are on talent shows? :D

I mean, what has she ever done to you? Time to get some perspective maybe?

I think the real chavs are the braindead girls who just automatically go straight to "hate mode" when they see a pretty girl on tv with a bit of confidence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    I was embarrassed for her initially, but tonight she shocked me by not coming out of "gangster chav" act after performing. She kept her cringy gangster-wannabe body language and gruff voice....no more fake-innocence acts, already.

I have to say this did bother me.
    I'm a big Cher fan but I didn't like her attitude after she finished performing.
    I did enjoy her performance tonight but I HATE that song.I wish she'd sung something else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people have been perfectly calm, for one. You're the one whose having a meltdown over Cher getting good comments and such. Ultimately, there will always be people with different opinions to you.

Meltdown? Hehe.

BTW, maybe you should take your own advice. "Ultimately, there will always be people with different opinions to you."

It's ok, Cher can defend herself. I think we established that when we found out she was suspended from fighting at school etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c eliz wrote: »
    I'm a big Cher fan but I didn't like her attitude after she finished performing.
    I did enjoy her performance tonight but I HATE that song.I wish she'd sung something else.

That's just who she is.

At least she's being herself and not playing the "I'm painfully shy" card.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    BTW, maybe you should take your own advice. "Ultimately, there will always be people with different opinions to you."

I'm not the one expecting to hear everything I want to hear from the judges.
    It's ok, Cher can defend herself. I think we established that when we found out she was suspended from fighting at school etc.

And you've never done anything wrong, right? Real classy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's the chav, yet you and the people in your area are the ones that hate people who are on talent shows? :D

I think the real chavs are the braindead girls who just automatically go straight to "hate mode" when they see a pretty girl on tv with a bit of confidence.

Don't turn this thread into a slanging match, I am allowed an opinion and I have never insulted you or called you a chav, have I? Doesn't stop you calling me one though. :rolleyes::yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Some of you lot are really proving yourselves to be right tools, the judges know alot better than you, FACT

However you lot seem to think you know better, pathetic.

Alot of you are undoubtedly just jumping on the media bandwagon, same goes with Katie, (who was brilliant tonight) with all this Gamu stuff.

Cher would do very well in todays industry, has so much more about her compared to previus winners i.e Joe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't turn this thread into a slanging match, I am allowed an opinion and I have never insulted you or called you a chav, have I? Doesn't stop you calling me one though. :rolleyes::yawn:

You brought this on yourself though!
  • Options
    Carole2512Carole2512 Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Last week, I agreed with Simon - I thought Cher was a genius. This week however, I didn't get her at all.... It's all a bit samey. BTW, I don't like the sulky look, and am I the only person who thought she was moving tonight like she wet her trousers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not the one expecting to hear everything I want to hear from the judges.

And you've never done anything wrong, right? Real classy.

Real classy? I take it that's a sarcasm term for Cher.
  • Options
    Spinning_PlateSpinning_Plate Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cher's good - get over it. I'm tired of watching the same old acts like Mary doing the same old songs on a Saturday night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You brought this on yourself though!

grow up or alternatively leave this thread?
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,015
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    It's not just Cher TBF - they seem blind (or should that be deaf?) to at least half the acts.

This is true. However ... do you think they hear it differently in the studio?

Simon's remark re Wand Erection was particulary fabulous 'you are the most exciting band around at the moment'.:D:D
  • Options
    magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges are supporting Cher to counteract bad publicity only Dannii refused to tow the party line tonight.

No-one with an interest in music whether it be classical, pop, R & B and so on would call that a good performance tonight - it was dire, contrived and amateur. The judges support of Cher (based on one good performance during auditions) is reducing X Factor to a joke show.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member

You've called Cher a chav though.

I suppose I just hate this attitude some girls have.

You seem desperate to believe half the public hates her when you have no evidence. I just don't think it's a particularly nice thing.

It really is good when you see women on this forum not just hating the girls all the time.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree - she's suffering from a backlash of negativity. I think she's very watchable - I like the way she looks and her singing style is interesting. Shame that people like to indulge in hate campaigns. Same with Katie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's just who she is.

At least she's being herself and not playing the "I'm painfully shy" card.

Well, she had no problem doing that in her first audition. But I agree, at least she's herself now.
    c eliz wrote: »

I agree with you (bar the Cher fan bit).