Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 23)

Comments

• Options
    saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sazaleeno wrote: »
    Cheryl had some sort of vocal tweaking for sure but Mr Bubble was completely and utterly live, believe it or not he is actually that good live vocally, saw him at Wembley a couple of years ago.

yup he is Really professional :D
  • Options
    If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think St Cheryl and old Bubble mimed tonight? Sounded like Miss Tweedy was Autotuned to hell as well.

Yeah Cheryl sounded live at some points, auto-tuned at others and the rest sounded mimed...but if my memory serves me right, that's more singing than she did last year.

Although it does pain me to say, she does put on a good show and the performance as a whole was good.

If/when Leona does go on the show and if she does do an uptempo, I would rather she kept it simple, her and a tonne of backing dancers, rather than going over the top with staging and props etc!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    It sounded like she mimed to it till the bridge, then sung (autotuned) until the next chorus. It went all tinny and robotic lol. I did enjoy the dancing though. :p

And yeah, Mr Buble did sound pretty perfect and at the same volume the whole way through. I think I'll destroy my TV if Leona goes on there and mimes. :(

Leona Does not EVER need to mime ;) she can sing unlike a load of the crap we are fed these days! :D
  • Options
    fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm Rihanna, Bon Jovi and Jarimoquai are all performing next week on the X Factor, gives me hope that Leona will be on the same week Olly and Alexandra are on (I'm pretty sure they are all releasing on November 29th)

I think Alexandra is re-releasing on the 6th of December now, they changed the date.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    fodg09 wrote: »
    I think Alexandra is re-releasing on the 6th of December now, they changed the date.

Oh right, I'm pretty sure she'll get a performance now. I've sooo got my heart on her performing a TDRCAU/OMH medley now, I would be so dissapointed if she doesn't do that now.:(

Glad Syco have seen sense though, seems stupid to let three of their artists release on the same week. They obviously want Olly to get the number 1 album that week.
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saxman25o wrote: »
    Leona Does not EVER need to mime ;) she can sing unlike a load of the crap we are fed these days! :D

Not unless she's really ill and it's a highly important appearance! :p But I know she wouldn't normally, but I can't help but feel they want you to. Haha. I dunno, I think I'm just freaking out because the show has become worse each year.
    fodg09 wrote: »

And this, is correct :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    off topic but funny
    Ian hyland tv critic in news of the world a halariouse article on piers morgans last nights life stories with ST BIFFA ( Cheryl):D
    Simon say`s if in three more years I havent got in Cheryl`s pants I`ll give up ! **** licker :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re Leona and Miming I believe Leona did an Xfactor performance of I will always love you virtually equal to whitney`s even though she had tonsilitis ! what a warrior! :D
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Leona would never mime on X-Factor. She only does it when she's ill anyway and I'm sure she's said in the past it's ridiculous for people to do so on XF especially. She wouldn't even do the shameless fake 'live' vocals that other winners and Cheryl love.

She smashed it every night on tour with live singing, dancing and great performing. She would have no problem on XF. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re Leona and Miming I believe Leona did an Xfactor performance of I will always love you virtually equal to whitney`s even though she had tonsilitis ! what a warrior! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eGOwdLSUrM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol, I'm not saying she would mime. I just feel like because she's on Syco they're going to make her because the acts do and Cheryl did, etc. I'm just being a worry wart, I know she won't haha.

And FYI she did mime to Happy when she was REALLY ill in America, but that's the only time I can think of when she did. (Apart from GMTV, but that was coz live was a no no back then lol)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol, I'm not saying she would mime. I just feel like because she's on Syco they're going to make her because the acts do and Cheryl did, etc. I'm just being a worry wart, I know she won't haha.

And FYI she did mime to Happy when she was REALLY ill in America, but that's the only time I can think of when she did. (Apart from GMTV, but that was coz live was a no no back then lol)

Last year both Alex and Cheryl mimed to 'live' vocals on XF and Leona came out and sang live. She won't just because others do trust me. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I remember rightly Leona even sang Happy live on GMTV last year and that was at like 7 in the morning :eek:!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She did have a habit of miming on GMTV during Spirit but I think she was just lazy. :p She did Happy and I Got You live though so I think she's over it lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yup your right ! :D but lord she would have to be almost to have lost her voice to mime :) Our Leona IS the REAL deal ;)
    dancing with the stars might well be a mime because Leona had a seriouse throat prob :o
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Ethereal wrote: »
    She did have a habit of miming on GMTV during Spirit but I think she was just lazy. :p She did Happy and I Got You live though so I think she's over it lol.

I think she mimed on GMTV because it was a crappy studio and they probably don't have any rehearsal time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well after tonight I begin to hope Leona distances herself from what is becoming a Joke !
    Wagner to win !!! yeah go for it ! x factor ? I`m gonna train my goldfish to jump through hoops !:D
    remind me ? is this a singing contest ? or Britains got talent :confused:
    who will really sell records ?

I voted for Wagner, he's so crap I hope he wins, none of them are outstanding to me this year. The bands are rubbish, the girls seem to want to copy Leona, Wagner and Mary should be on BGT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it was a shame that from late November to early December last year Leona had severe throat problems, it led to a few, well not bad performances but performances which weren't up to the usual Leona standard e.g. ISY on Dancing With the Stars and SCYHO on X Factor, saying that mind you those performances would blow anything on this years X Factor away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it was a shame that from late November to early December last year Leona had severe throat problems, it led to a few, well not bad performances but performances which weren't up to the usual Leona standard e.g. ISY on Dancing With the Stars and SCYHO on X Factor, saying that mind you those performances would blow anything on this years X Factor away.

Yup it sucks when she gets ill around big promo appearances. Very frustrating. When she's ill it affects her lower register and more than half of SCYHO is in that register. She nailed the ending though once she started belting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ethereal wrote: »
    Yup it sucks when she gets ill around big promo appearances. Very frustrating. When she's ill it affects her lower register and more than half of SCYHO is in that register. She nailed the ending though once she started belting.

Most of the illness thing seems to happen when she flies a lot. If she has a week or so before performing she seems OK, hopefully they've learned to stop her flying in and performing the following day

I don't think she had a single issue with her voice on her tour (except I think one night when she swapped a track out?)

That surprised me, but I think the problems she's had is mostly down to the flying and picking up colds etc on the flight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona Lewis Last.FM Playday - coming this November! More details will follow soon! Make sure to download the scrobbler today! http://last.fm

http://twitter.com/leonafans

I'm trying to organise a date for it at the moment, I was thinking the 28th (The sunday before the Live DVD, coz it's the weekend).

Basically, if you don't know what a playday is - it's where you basically listen to Leona for a full day, or whenever you want music on. And 'scrobble' her tracks to last.fm.
    It may not sound like a big thing, but it raises her online chart position on last.fm and kinda increases the profile/popularity on there.
    As far as I'm aware, the more songs are listened to aswell they're added to the radio. So Say if you listened to OMH a lot and its playtime increased, it would be on as a recommended Leona track. That would enable people to listen to their recommendations, and if Leona happens to pop up - OMH might play.

It's a bit confusing, but it's a fun thing to do anyway, and if it's a collaborative effort it'd make a little impact. :)
    You just need the scrobbler from last.fm and some music player compatible, like iTunes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl didn't mime, she said in an interview some parts have live autotune for when she does big dance moves so she doesn't sound out of breathe, which is fair enough, she's never claimed to be a vocalist. Great performer though and she did sound quite good on the verses and the middle eight :)

Leona, mime? As if :)
    I soo hope she performs now, I just need to see more performances, withdrawals :'(
  • Options
    Music_boxMusic_box Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a group to join? I won't be able to as I'm having to use proxys but I can check up on it anywayy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Music_box wrote: »
    Is there a group to join? I won't be able to as I'm having to use proxys but I can check up on it anywayy.

Not just yet, I'm working out the best date ha. I guess the Sunday would be acceptable. I'll announce it at a normal hour in the day tomorrow on the site aswell as the twitter :)
  • Options
    Music_boxMusic_box Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not just yet, I'm working out the best date ha. I guess the Sunday would be acceptable. I'll announce it at a normal hour in the day tomorrow on the site aswell as the twitter :)

Yeah Sunday would be cool. It gives people a week to hear about it aswell and plenty of time for people to get involved. :D
    Can't wait, I've been banging on for ages wanting another Leona Play Day but the original person who did them doesn't bother anymore.:sleep:
This discussion has been closed.