Options

Sorry DS Forum Members but..

Comments

• Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willz wrote: »
    She was incredible. If Matt did that this forum would be creaming themselves. Beautiful performance.

She was okay dude... Nothing to write about though.. Performance of the series my arse.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Goonerette wrote: »
    What are people smoking tonight? All I heard was a weak nasally vocal.

Me too.:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    They are hearing heavily electronically processed vocals and think it's "live and true."

I did think that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to admit that for the first time hearing her 'real' voice was a surprise. But it was just okay, not great by any means. More importantly it showed clearly that she was not comfortable with the genre.
  • Options
    biggle2000biggle2000 Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was brilliant!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was ok but it was wobbly, and i was waiting for the big notes and was disappointed.
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Decent at best.

agree i dont like her at all , but she was better tonight so i give credit where it is due, but when Cowell said the best of the "season":D:D i know it is a "stop hating CHER" pr but dont take us for idiots you manipulating d**k.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Compared with Rebecca and TreyC she was far from it - shaky and warbly snd unable to get to the high votes. And as much as I dislike Matt, his vocals were far superior.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher was amazing tonight!!!! :eek::eek:

NO REBECCA, PAIGE AND TREY C WERE OUTSTANDING
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    I think people dislike her as a person more then what talent she has, I know I do, she was good tonight, but how can you really praise someone for "singing" in a singing competition.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was better than a certain performer who is a year OLDER than her, who constantly has people making excuses for him because he's 'only 18' etc.

She certainly won me over because I thought she was an Ali G wannbe who couldn't sing.

She performed extremely well for someone who can't sing.
  • Options
    bananasplitbananasplit Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved her audition, but haven't been impressed by her in the live shows, but, imo, this has been her best performance to date
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people had such low expectations that something that was fairly good has been elevated to God-like status :D

There is something in that :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    agree i dont like her at all , but she was better tonight so i give credit where it is due, but when Cowell said the best of the "season":D:D i know it is a "stop hating CHER" pr but dont take us for idiots you manipulating d**k.

There was no way in a million years was she better than Rebecca. Plus I didn't see any tears for gods sake lol!
  • Options
    kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was awful, very shaky, and she looked too much like Cheryl!
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shady123 wrote: »
    Hopefully people will stop slating her now :)

They will look for something to hate. I'm not a fan, but it's a bit stupid with some of the comments sometimes.
    She was brilliant tonight.

Matt on the other hand was embarassing. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pah! She was ok - sings better than she raps.
  • Options
    Ffion18Ffion18 Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    its was good but its wasnt as amazing as the judges said seriously she was off key at least twice i thought at least ONE judge would have picked that up.
  • Options
    Jon411Jon411 Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    I'll admit - not normally a fan of hers but thought she was one of the better ones tonight, I agree I found her voice a bit weak but I liked her performance overall
  • Options
    DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes she was brilliant tonight.
  • Options
    INSOMNIA56INSOMNIA56 Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thin at the top, thats when she wasn't off when she went for the top notes & totally emotionless.

none the less it was the performance of the night as the show was the car crash i expected, utterly dreadful all round.
  • Options
    Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    They will look for something to hate. I'm not a fan, but it's a bit stupid with some of the comments sometimes.
    She was brilliant tonight.

Matt on the other hand was embarassing. :o

Hm some people have too much pride to drastically change their opinions *shakes head*

I agree, I was disappointed with matt tonight :(
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    She was one of the better ones tonight.
  • Options
    flossieblossomflossieblossom Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    There was very heavy production on most performances this evening. Some of the backing was much louder than the actual contestant.

Cher, however, was stripped back and we heard every note. It was rather beautiful.

I still think that she shouldn't have felt forced to do it. She should be what she wants to be, as should the others. Then, win or lose, they have remained true to themselves.

She was still bloody good though!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Cher was amazing tonight!!!! :eek::eek:

After watching her performance again, I 100% take this back :o

Thread closed.