• Options
    yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    meh...beaten to the link.
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smug bitches, they really think they know it all don't they? Pathetic.
  • Options
    tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
    Forum Member
    Yep Dermot stirred the pot:D He didn't deserve a standing ovation or even an applause after what he said. If looks could kill hey? Cheryl mouthed something to Danii. I would love to know what she said!
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British alternative band Jamiroquai are set to perform on tomorrow night’s X Factor show, to promote their new single and album. But before he even set foot on the ITV stage, band frontman Jay Kay has launched a blistering attack on two of the show’s stars.

The Sun reports that the 40 year old star blasted judges Dannii Minogue and Cheryl Cole saying they are “f****** useless” and added: “What are they going to tell me about f****** music?

He went on:

“What the f***. When have you ever done anything? You’re useless. The pair of you. I mean you look great and I’d like to f****** s**g you but that’s all.”

“I just don’t like the w**** stuff I have to do. F****** X Factor and that. I’m going to have to sing in front of f****** amateurs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    trac wrote: »
    why. he was only honest! the judges should try that once in awhile!

Agree. I liked his honesty, all the performers on XF are too nicey nice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bubbs wrote: »
    I noticed that too. Cheryl didn't even clap him and had a face like a smacked arse. Dannii wasn't much better. Loved his performance and shows that a singer can move and sing at the same time. Something Cole knows nothing about.

Well said!! What has he said/done???
  • Options
    pxd867pxd867 Posts: 11,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming Jay K and the girls have had a falling out tonight or in the past, and Simon invited him on to wind them up?

Or .... I seem to remember he made it clear previously that he can't stand Cheryl or Dannii, and is only there to get his single out. Simon seemed to find it funny regardless. :)
  • Options
    exodus2uexodus2u Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trac wrote: »
    sell as many records as him, and then cheryl may have a point. only louis and simon applauded!

why did they bring him on the show if they dont even like him?

Hes probably one of Simons Sony BMG label mates.

Jamiroqui has a bit of a loose mouth so I can imagine he saids something insulting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    The Sun reports. Says it all.
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Funny though, he clearly needs the XF more than they need him.

Who sold out ?
  • Options
    Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I didn't understand his comment about being aprehensive about coming on or why there was such an atmosphere.

Is there history between him and the judges? :confused:

I think there might be history between him and the ladies ... he said he'd met two of them before... hmmmm

EDIT: jumped too quickly, lol! Just seen the Sun report.. :o He's 100% right :p
  • Options
    deb813deb813 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    It shouldn't matter what has been going on behind the scenes, they behaved appallingly to their guest, who performed extremely well!! I think it was the judges looking stupid rather than Jay Kay
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something must have happened. How unpleasant!! Ykes
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny though, he clearly needs the XF more than they need him.

Who sold out ?

Indeed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    He only said what he said to maintain credibility with his fanbase so he would not look a sell out.
  • Options
    yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    tvtimes wrote: »
    Yep Dermot stirred the pot:D He didn't deserve a standing ovation or even an applause after what he said. If looks could kill hey? Cheryl mouthed something to Danii. I would love to know what she said!

It seemed very much like she said "bitch" imo.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deb813 wrote: »
    It shouldn't matter what has been going on behind the scenes, they behaved appallingly to their guest, who performed extremely well!! I think it was the judges looking stupid rather than Jay Kay

Well I like Danni and Jay Kay has a huge ego, probably bigger than Simon Cowell's.

But, on balance, I agree with you.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    He comes across as a total mysoginist pig.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds like a Saturdays song
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is entitled to his opinion, but I would respect that opinion more if he didn't appear on the show that he despises so much. Sheer hypocrisy.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dino M wrote: »
    I think Jay Kay is a complete tosser, so I am not surprised they did not clap.

He is the most overrated performer and I cannot see why he is popular, as every single song he sings sounds the same as the last one, which was crap.

Couldnt have put it better myself.:D
  • Options
    changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone got a cap of the death stare? I missed it :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Jamiiquo has sold more albums than cheryl ever will, he writes his own stuff and sings live and has been afround ages. He is entitled to his opinion... cheryl is useless. I thought it was rude and showed the fact that cheryl all sweetness and light is a fake. If she cant take criticism and not show a perfomer who sings live some respect she shouldnt be on the show...grIow up you silly girl...thought it was pathetic.. danni was just laughing
  • Options
    19711971 Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stupid bints.
    Jay Kay is a proper musician, shame he did sell out a bit and go on the show but then again album sales pays the bills. (his album is out tomorrow)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is entitled to his opinion, but I would respect that opinion more if he didn't appear on the show that he despises so much. Sheer hypocrisy.

Not really he'll get lots of press and most likely number 1!!
    He's right too! Neither of the girls sing! He sang live and performed at the same time! More than the girls do!