Options

Have You Ever Written A Fan Letter ?

craigy132craigy132 Posts: 1,946
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone ever sent fanmail and if so who to and what response (if any) did you get?

Comments

• Options
    ChasingSundaysChasingSundays Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, i once sent a fan letter to that well known boyband called North and South.
    They sent me a signed postcard of them, I was absolutly head over heels in love with them and i treasured that postcard for a good 6 months until my sister ripped it up during an arguement...i was heartbroken :cry:
  • Options
    KFAKFA Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wrote a letter to Nigel Mitchell, who presented on Nickelodeon years ago. He never wrote back :cry:
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I wrote one to .... whispers ... John Craven ... when I was about nine and he sent me a signed photo and a lovely letter. :o
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :):):):p
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wrote to Stephen King thanking him for all the books he wrote. I got a lovely letter back.
    I also wrote to Neil Diamond as I'd just bought ticket for my inlaws to go and see him and they got a huge box of goodies from him. Autographed pictures, a programme, CDs and a beautiful letter too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :):):):p

Im still waiting on a reply to the many fanletters i have written to you :(:p
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im still waiting on a reply to the many fanletters i have written to you :(:p

:eek: :eek:

I try to ensure I respond to all of my mail.

Personally. :p:p:D:D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »
    :eek: :eek:

I try to ensure I respond to all of my mail.

Personally. :p:p:D:D;)

I await my personal reply with anticipation then :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does one go about writing a fan letter, as in, where do you get an address? I've been wondering for a while as I would quite like to send one.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wrote one to Donny Osmond and still waiting for a reply .... but then I have moved quite a few times since then :cry:
  • Options
    roz89roz89 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    oh who to? i think if its a musician you could send it to their record label or look up their web site. if its an actor then their agency company.
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, to Derek from the Bay City Rollers. :o
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once wrote to Simon Groom to say that I lived above the slate quarries/pumped storage power station that they'd filmed at for Blue Peter, and that if he ever came again would he like to come to tea, and that he could bring Peter Duncan too if he wanted to because my mum wouldn't mind. He sent me a Blue Peter badge. :D
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wrote one and got a signed photo of Ian Rush and Peter Beardsley (feel old now lol)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roz89 wrote: »
    oh who to? i think if its a musician you could send it to their record label or look up their web site. if its an actor then their agency company.

What would I do for Morrissey, who currently is not on any label?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cool. morrissey. good choice. did you know it was johnny marrs birthday last week? im a bit of a fangirl. a smiths forum im on lists this as a potential contact address http://www.caa.com/
  • Options
    Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neon tiger wrote: »
    What would I do for Morrissey, who currently is not on any label?

A good place to look is on fansites. On a Morrissey one, it suggests an address to write to. Click on it and choose London and it comes up with an agency address.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/faq.shtml#Q3

Whenever you request autographs etc, always enclose a self addressed and stamped envelope. I have worked with a few well known people who throw letters in the bin if they don't have a return envelope. They would end up spending a fortune otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good place to look is on fansites. On a Morrissey one, it suggests an address to write to. Click on it and choose London and it comes up with an agency address.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/faq.shtml#Q3

Thank you, that's a great help :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    When I was 10 and my sister was 12, we wrote a very rude letter to the Spice girls, telling Baby Spice to "grow the hell up" we told posh spice to "get a hair cut because you have split ends", I can't remember what we said to the rest of them :D, very naughty children :o
  • Options
    chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    Embarrased to admit this, has I no longer follow sports.

But when I was alot younger just started secondary school, oh about 13 years ago now. I sent a letter to Old Trafford (Man U), thats all I wrote on the envelope.

A few weeks later, I received an envelope with my address cut-out the letter (which seemed unprofessional for them) I sent, with some memobilia such as Pictures (full team landscape picture with digital autographs not real), latest programme and fixture card and a Gold type badge.

Prior to that at early primary school, we were conned by the teachers to right a fan letter to a celeb, and we got replies back. Needless to say we where young stupid and thought they where real.
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, to Ian Kelsey and Sandra Huggett (Patrick and Holly from Casualty), when we were about 11. We got signed pictures back. Was so excited at the time >.<
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chris2k2 wrote: »
    Embarrased to admit this, has I no longer follow sports.

But when I was alot younger just started secondary school, oh about 13 years ago now. I sent a letter to Old Trafford (Man U), thats all I wrote on the envelope.

A few weeks later, I received an envelope with my address cut-out the letter (which seemed unprofessional for them) I sent, with some memobilia such as Pictures (full team landscape picture with digital autographs not real), latest programme and fixture card and a Gold type badge.

Prior to that at early primary school, we were conned by the teachers to right a fan letter to a celeb, and we got replies back. Needless to say we where young stupid and thought they where real.

lol what celeb did you write to? did you get a good response back? if it was a z-list celeb then maybe it was real! dave grohl or tom cruise is less likely.

i wanted to write to the all-saints but i never got around to it and then they split up
  • Options
    chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    This was back in about 93 IIRC, and I chose Michael Jackson, I was only 8/9 yo. :o

Some others did as well, and we all got back the same letter saying he would be there at end of week in an Helicopter and put on a special performance. We where daft and thought it would be real until someone pointed out it was same writing has the head-teacher:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My stepdad helped me write a fan letter to Five Star when I was little (I had some kind of platonic little girl crush on Doris) and they sent me a full membership pack with big glossy photos of each of them and a thank-you letter:) Five Star were fab.

He also wrote to Man Utd when I had a crush on Ryan Giggs:o asking for a signed pic for my birthday, and I got a birthday card in the post signed by Alex Ferguson and pretty much the entire first team, stepdad was more excited about it than me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chris2k2 wrote: »
    This was back in about 93 IIRC, and I chose Michael Jackson, I was only 8/9 yo. :o

Some others did as well, and we all got back the same letter saying he would be there at end of week in an Helicopter and put on a special performance. We where daft and thought it would be real until someone pointed out it was same writing has the head-teacher:D

lmao and adults wonder why kids today grow up with a mistrust in authority figures! i bet you were gutted at the time.