Options

white people are the minority.

Comments

• Options
    SharpshooterTomSharpshooterTom Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    even if the white population were only 51%, 9 years later, that still wouldnt mean white people were the minority in this country....

Thanks for telling me how maths works.

If there were only 51% white people in this country that would mean 49% is non-white, which would open the door for loads of mixed marriages and children. It would fall quickly from that. Easily.
  • Options
    jswift909jswift909 Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    87.5% - Even better news though :)

:o:o:o

Oops. Sorry Hobbit Feet about my wonky maths.
  • Options
    Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who actually cares if white people do become the minority? I for one don't. I don't know much about this as it can't happen round here but does mixed race marriages in England not already occur?
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jswift909 wrote: »
    :o:o:o

Oops. Sorry Hobbit Feet about my wonky maths.

Hey no - it was all for the good either way :)
  • Options
    weateallthepiesweateallthepies Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the splitting of the population into two groups of 'white' and 'non-white' pretty daft, what are the boundaries for these groups? If a mixed marriage results in a pale child are they white or non-white? What is the point?
  • Options
    SharpshooterTomSharpshooterTom Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who actually cares if white people do become the minority? I for one don't. I don't know much about this as it can't happen round here but does mixed race marriages in England not already occur?

The majority of people don't, only the 2-3% of the BNP voters do. I think everyone else pretty much admires it.
  • Options
    jswift909jswift909 Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for telling me how maths works.

If there were only 51% white people in this country that would mean 49% is non-white, which would open the door for loads of mixed marriages and children. It would fall quickly from that. Easily.

Black and white people have been getting married for ages - to each other (for clarification), and there's an increasing number of Asian and white people getting married also.

Younger people increasing realise they have "options" and freedom to marry who they please, whether their parents approve or not. Including gay people getting partnerships also.

You know it's so funny. 20-30 years ago some peoples parents were a bit uppity if a southerner married a northerner. Thankfully people are moving towards a position where they do what they want, regardless of what other people tell them is good for them, religiously correct, or what society or parents expect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and why colour - is my friend Sam who is born in this country but has indian parents , less alowed to be here than than polish immigrants because of the coulour of her skin

slightly offensive don't you think??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and why colour - is my friend Sam who is born in this country but has indian parents , less alowed to be here than than polish immigrants because of the coulour of her skin

slightly offensive don't you think??

I can't really understand that. Let me have a go though.

If your friend is British then she has every right to live here regardless of skin colour, A Polish citizen has a right to live here also because they are European.
  • Options
    meechameecha Posts: 2,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The majority of people don't, only the 2-3% of the BNP voters do. I think everyone else pretty much admires it.

Everyone else pretty much admires what!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If your friend is British then she has every right to live here regardless of skin colour, A Polish citizen has a right to live here also because they are European.

I was trying to make the point that to catagorise people by colour is pointless
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the point being made is that a Polish person would be lumped in with "whites" and doesn't get included in discussions about immigrants/race etc. whereas the person who was born here but isn't white would be.

So to take the OPs example, even though all the black/asian people were born here and are british they will always be seen separately from the "whites" regardless of the nationality of the white people.

I think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was trying to make the point that to catagorise people by colour is pointless
    Ber wrote: »
    I think the point being made is that a Polish person would be lumped in with "whites" and doesn't get included in discussions about immigrants/race etc. whereas the person who was born here but isn't white would be.

So to take the OPs example, even though all the black/asian people were born here and are british they will always be seen separately from the "whites" regardless of the nationality of the white people.

I think

Ah right I see now. Thanks for clearing that up. :)
  • Options
    TheDonkTheDonk Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who actually cares if white people do become the minority? I for one don't.

I think you should wind your neck in before trying to speak for everyone and suggesting that those who disagree with you are BNP supporters!.:mad:

I damn well do care, I'm a white brit born and bought up in this traditionally white country, I don't want it to become unrecognisable and I CERTAINLY don't want to become a minority in my own country FFS.

PS. There's very little left to admire about this country.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    TheDonk wrote: »
    I think you should wind your neck in before trying to speak for everyone and suggesting that those who disagree with you are BNP supporters!.:mad:

I damn well do care, I'm a white brit born and bought up in this traditionally white country, I don't want it to become unrecognisable and I CERTAINLY don't want to become a minority in my own country FFS.

A lot of the Black / mixed race / Asian people on this country are British, so it is their country too. How would you become unrecogniseable?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Good, as I love Indian, Chinese and Thai food :)

(Not to mention Jerk Chicken, oh and Mexican, and Spanish and French and some Italian too).
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To all the people asking what was the point of this thread, my reason fr this thread has been written by this above, poster, who could say much better than I ever could.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So white British people have more right than British people with different skin colours? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [...]

I wouldn't worry about it; we'll all be dead by then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

Interesting.
    How far back do you think this goes?. I mean probably way over half of us could trace our ancestry back to Romans, Vikings not to mention all the French and Germanic invaders that have coming here for thousands of years. Pretty much the whole country probably has that mucky foreign blood in their veins.

If there's very little to admire about the UK, perhaps you should go and live somewhere you do admire. Flights abroad are fairly cheap these days :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.
    How far back do you think this goes?. I mean probably way over half of us could trace our ancestry back to Romans, Vikings not to mention all the French and Germanic invaders that have coming here for thousands of years. Pretty much the whole country probably has that mucky foreign blood in their veins.

If there's very little to admire about the UK, perhaps you should go and live somewhere you do admire. Flights abroad are fairly cheap these days :D

Maybe we can pass a collection tin about to pay for his fare :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,908
    Forum Member
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    I work at a busy hospital, and the other night a black nurse was moaning about minority's etc.

Then I counted the staff.

7 black/ filipeno/ asian nurses, and 2 white nurses.

Why do you think this is?
  • Options
    GnobeGnobe Posts: 462
    Forum Member

But the majority aren't like you so doesn't matter what you think.

I think the majority of brits would like to see a minotry-majoraty race nation. Especially young people. I sincerely believe that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Riccy wrote: »
    Why do you think this is?

Becuase some want a more diverse society I suppose
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gnobe wrote: »
    But the majority aren't like you so doesn't matter what you think.

I think the majority of brits would like to see a minotry-majoraty race nation. Especially young people. I sincerely believe that.

Your thinking means nothing.
This discussion has been closed.