Options

white people are the minority.

Comments

• Options
    meechameecha Posts: 2,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gnobe wrote: »
    A lot of other people don't though. Globalisation is here to stay and you are in the minority IMO.

Let me get this straight - you don't think Britain has as much right to retain its identity as any other country! Why is that then!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband is in the minority in out house. The split is:
    1 black person
    2 mixed-race
    2 cats.

We even have more cats than white people in out house! Does the Daily Mail need alerting?

I wouldn't mind cats if they integrated :D:D
  • Options
    GnobeGnobe Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    meecha wrote: »
    Let me get this straight - you don't think Britain has as much right to retain its identity as any other country! Why is that then!

But what is retaining an identity? And why is that important?
  • Options
    Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lived in Scotland for 5 years as part of a mixed-race married couple. Nearly all of my friends were white/Asian mixes and there were a fair few black/white mixes as well; more than I thought there would be in Scotland.

What use to crease me up was to see old Scots men holding hands with young African women. Immigration was certainly popular for a few people! I got less hassle and dirty looks for being half of a mixed race couple in whiter than white Scotland than I did in the USA.

Oh it does happen, just not where I am (because there is no other race). Us Scots are very accepting and friendly people. :)
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind cats if they integrated :D:D

They make no attempt do they? :p
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    I think it's strange that 2 posters who are so in favour of Globalisation are so certain that "the majority of people would quite like this".

Oh well time to put my socks on ready for the puppet show. ;)

I think one of them would like to see whitey in some camps ;)
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But what is retaining an identity? And why is that important?

Identity defines who you are. We are all individuals.

You may not like the principles of freedom, democracy, identity and individualism but most of us do.
  • Options
    Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good, I hope so. White people have had too much power for far too long in europe, time to share it.

You have a problem with white people?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KBBJ wrote: »
    It was also tradition what women couldn't have careers, the vote, or the right to keep their property after marriage.

Long live evolution in all its forms.

Unfortunately that is still tradition in many countries - and people from such countries practice such outdated views in this country and expect us to accept it, when it goes agains everything, as a culture, we believe in!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emby wrote: »
    But we are still a predominantly white country, so what's your problem?

But some people on here are saying that they want to turn Britain into a white minority country!
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good, I hope so. White people have had too much power for far too long in europe, time to share it.

And Mugabe's doing a wonderful job. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that I couldn't care less if white become the minority.

So you have No respect for White brits? Hmm, now who is racist..........JESUS!!!!:mad::mad:
  • Options
    GnobeGnobe Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Rose Budd wrote: »
    You have a problem with white people?

No I have problem when people have a go at immigration, ethnic minorities etc, almost denying them the chance to live here to preserve a 'white race' because it's allegely a part of British culture.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what identity is that? You clearly have something against non whites. Why not get straight to your point?

Many on here clearly have a problem with whites! Notice no criticism of them from you! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But some people on here are saying that they want to turn Britain into a white minority country!

Only one person is really saying that, that i can see. Some others are pretty much indifferent to the idea.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Edit - CBA
  • Options
    GreenJellyJamGreenJellyJam Posts: 1,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - but I don't want Britian to loose its traditional white identity! Many whites live in Africa - but I still think of Africa as being predominantly a black country. Many blacks live in France - but I still think of France as a predominantly white country - I think all countries should keep their identities, including Britain!

That doesn't mean that people of different races and cultures can't settle in other countries though - but they should respect the traditional cultures of those countries and not attempt to eradicate them!

But having a different skin colour doesn't mean a different culture :confused: And different cultures aren't that bad they've been happening in this country for thousands of years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They make no attempt do they? :p

Well, the cats do mainly interact with the black person in the house, but that's because I feed them. My husband on the other hand, is very cat-ist and has nothing to do with them. I tell you, it's like Selma in that house...
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately that is still tradition in many countries - and people from such countries practice such outdated views in this country and expect us to accept it, when it goes agains everything, as a culture, we believe in!

Now take that quote and apply it to what you think about holding on to a white majority in this country simply because it's traditional.

Bollocks, isn't it?
  • Options
    weateallthepiesweateallthepies Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - but I don't want Britian to loose its traditional white identity! Many whites live in Africa - but I still think of Africa as being predominantly a black country. Many blacks live in France - but I still think of France as a predominantly white country - I think all countries should keep their identities, including Britain!

That doesn't mean that people of different races and cultures can't settle in other countries though - but they should respect the traditional cultures of those countries and not attempt to eradicate them!

Who's eradicating what? Traditions come and go, nobody can eradicate them, they just stay as long as people practise them. There are plenty of traditions we've lost over the years, it's just the way society develops. Culture and tradition is simply driven by the whims of the masses so if you are worried, get your bells and sticks and get morris dancing quick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But having a different skin colour doesn't mean a different culture :confused: And different cultures aren't that bad they've been happening in this country for thousands of years.

I'm black American. I have way more culturally in common with a white American than I do with an African, a West Indian, a black Brit, a black Dutchman, or a black Frenchman. Colour does not equal culture, and all too often, people who have questionable attitudes toward race fail to understand this.
  • Options
    Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lived in Scotland for 5 years as part of a mixed-race married couple. Nearly all of my friends were white/Asian mixes and there were a fair few black/white mixes as well; more than I thought there would be in Scotland.

What use to crease me up was to see old Scots men holding hands with young African women. Immigration was certainly popular for a few people! I got less hassle and dirty looks for being half of a mixed race couple in whiter than white Scotland than I did in the USA.

That does surprise me. I am Scottish myself (my children born England)

I love my old country and wish I could move back but I've been here too long and most of my family have died out now. I've never seen what you describe, I always thought Scotland welcomed immigration much more than England seems to
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edit - CBA

you 'CBA' ha why exactly not, as you have been Ar5sed
  • Options
    Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only one person is really saying that, that i can see. Some others are pretty much indifferent to the idea.
    Many on here clearly have a problem with whites! Notice no criticism of them from you! :rolleyes:

I really don't care if white people become a minority in this country. Every British person is the same regardless of colour.
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    So you have No respect for While brits? Hmm, now who is racist..........JESUS!!!!:mad::mad:

I am white! How can I have no respect for white people? And how can I be racist to my own race? :rolleyes: Turd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really don't care if white people become a minority in this country. Every British person is the same regardless of colour.

I am white! How can I have no respect for white people? And how can I be racist to my own race? :rolleyes: Turd.

Exactly, this is just silliness.
This discussion has been closed.