Options

white people are the minority.

Comments

• Options
    meechameecha Posts: 2,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gnobe wrote: »
    Why does it matter if Britain 'loses' it's culture anyway? What is British culture? Watching the X-Factor, watchign corrie, getting drunk on fridays (like everyone else), umm.....

We're all culturally european if anything so.:)

See there you go - dissing British culture! It matters to many Brits - who the hell are you to ridicule a whole culture! If you don't like it - why live here!
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *sigh*

SIGH? great one
  • Options
    GnobeGnobe Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    TheDonk wrote: »
    There's a great big world out there, why does everyone want to come over and cram themselves onto this little island?

If that's allowed to continue as you would like the place would turn into a total shitehole.

Because we are a rich country.

And we are a rich country because we exploited other countries and 'their cultures' for centuries, as did a lot of other european countries in the form of brutal colonial barbaric empires. Time to give a little back I think.
  • Options
    Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    I think you should check out the T & C's if you have a problem with me, then put me on your ignore list.

i work with people from every back ground, like people from all walks of life, i was just making an observation.

By saying you wouldnt care if the white race died out, whether your white or not, signals RACISM!!

Put your brain into gear. I never once said I couldn't care less if the white race died out. I said I couldn't care less if white became a minority.

Stop putting words in my mouth.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Turd??? is that how you win in agruments by calling names?!!!:rolleyes:

You are white, but you dont care if your own race dies out?! well I frikin do!!! sounds like blatant bloody racism to me!!!

Do you feel like you have more of a connection with someone of the same skin colour as yourself? How about if they were white Polish people? What if there was a 'risk' that your hair colour might die out - would you care?
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm black American. I have way more culturally in common with a white American than I do with an African, a West Indian, a black Brit, a black Dutchman, or a black Frenchman. Colour does not equal culture, and all too often, people who have questionable attitudes toward race fail to understand this.

Absolutely - as I said earlier I (as a white brit) have more in common culturally with my black british neighbour than I would have with a "newly arrived" white french, australian, american or polish person.
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    For those so worried about the "erosion" of British traditions and the taking over of our culture I suggest you turn your attentions to the Americans as they have done more over the last 60 years to influence our culture than any other nationality put together!

Absolutely. I suspect the fans of tradition may be contributing to this thread using the WiFi available in one of the many US coffee chains.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By saying you wouldnt care if the white race died out, whether your white or not, signals RACISM!!

Wouldn't care is NOT the same thing as wanting.

By the token of this if the white race died out then surely the black race would die out too?

Be very careful how you answer this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because we a rich country.

And we are a rich country because we exploited other countries and 'their cultures' for centuries. Time to give a little back I think.

what other countries have we expoilted??:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    meecha wrote: »
    See there you go - dissing British culture! It matters to many Brits - who the hell are you to ridicule a whole culture! If you don't like it - why live here!

What would be a fairer description of 'British culture' then?
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    My cats make more sense than the OP and a few of the posters.

You're not wrong there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He has a point though, culture isn't changing because of ethnic minority cultures coming to the UK it's coming about progressively from TV, media and our progressive lifestyles.

The fact that people seem so keen to pin it on immigrants when they are culturally fractured and make up less than 15% of the population is ludicrous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what other countries have we expoilted??:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you serious? I mean really serious?
  • Options
    GnobeGnobe Posts: 462
    Forum Member

The money making british empire? That exploited Africa, Australia, India, native North America, South America (the spanish and Portuguese) in order for europe to prosper?
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member

Even I know the answer to that, and I was dreadful at History!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps culture is important to you, but not to him. God, why hang on to something you really had no hand in shaping anyway?

I have no culture. Okay, I am American, but American culture is like a stew. Sure you taste a carrot, a bit of beef, a potato there, but mixed up, it's still very tasty. (If you are a veggie, subsitute salad for stew.)

Most black people had their culture ripped away from them during slavery. So we made up our own stuff. Then we shared it out. Big deal-- let everyone have a go. I don't feel rootless because I can't trace myself far back and as an expat, I don't feel much of anything, really. I like some of the American cultural stuff, but I like European culture a bit better in some respects. I like how in some African and Asian cultures, families look after their old folk.

Barring the absolute worst societies, no culture is inferior to another. British culture certainly isn't superior to a lot of them. The Empire called, they said they are not coming back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

By the token of this if the white race died out then surely the black race would die out too?

WOW, so hyperthetically, if I said, I would'nt care if the chinese race was to die out.

THATS OK?

Its funny how you say be very careful of answering this, your right, because if I said black or asian, i would get super lynched upon, but If i say White people, then ITS OK THEN!!
  • Options
    meechameecha Posts: 2,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly, the world population is now nearly 7 billion (next year), and was only 1 billion or something just a century ago. The world changes so fast with more and more different people and cultures erupting.

That's the problem with being politically conservative, is that you'll always lose.

People have a point when they say why do so many of that 7 billion want to live on this tiny little island with its crap weather! Couldn't have anything to do with its successful economy and National Health Service could it - and people from other countries wanting a peice of it!

One thing is for sure - the NHS won't last long!
  • Options
    GreenJellyJamGreenJellyJam Posts: 1,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turd??? is that how you win in agruments by calling names?!!!:rolleyes:

You are white, but you dont care if your own race dies out?! well I frikin do!!! sounds like blatant bloody racism to me!!!
    You may not be a racist, but sounds like your a hater.

I have read many of your posts, and thats all I can see in them. :rolleyes:

It's a bloody skin pigment! Who give's a fudge!?
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has a point though, culture isn't changing because of ethnic minority cultures coming to the UK it's coming about progressively from TV, media and our progressive lifestyles.

The fact that people seem so keen to pin it on immigrants when they are culturally fractured and make up less than 15% of the population is ludicrous.

I agree - most of our culture these days seems to come from people wanting to have their 5 minutes of fame - be it Big Brother, X Factor, a Kiss "n" Tell story, etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bloody skin pigment! Who give's a fudge!?

I TOTALLY AGREE!!

however, people have been fighting for years for equality!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

WOW, so hyperthetically, if I said, I would'nt care if the chinese race was to die out.

THATS OK?

Its funny how you say be very careful of answering this, your right, because if I said black or asian, i would get super lynched upon, but If i say White people, then ITS OK THEN!!

How does this answer that?

And how is your edit even relevant?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could the right wing fraction please stop making a big deal out of my "whiteness". I didn't choose to be "white".:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does this answer that?

And how is your edit even relevant?

Its relevent, for the shocking posts by others.

and as you said, 'wouldn't care isn't the same' I thought it was VERY relevent.

As for editing my posts, I felt it was RELEVENT
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I TOTALLY AGREE!!

however, people have been fighting for years for equality!!

And better sunbeds. :sleep:
This discussion has been closed.