Mary's House

Comments

• Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady*tara wrote: »
    Well she can afford to go out to her pub every week,
    I think they showed the best bits of the house her windows were rotten.

Maybe she should stay in 24/7 and never go out. We dont know how much she spends in the pub do we ?.Maybe she should take notice of the opinions of people; she does not and never will know or maybe not.
    Mary works hard and is entitled. to a social life, she has not even been home for 2 months,before that she had boot camp.

She works she does not cadge off the state and obviously has not had time to clean.I bet she will be on the phone giving her daughter, a telling off.Bad form embarrassing her Mum like that.

The windows will keep until she leaves the show, they are not going anywhere.
  • Options
    lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    Maybe she should stay in 24/7 and never go out. We dont know how much she spends in the pub do we ?.Maybe she should take notice of the opinions of people; she does not and never will know or maybe not.
    Mary works hard and is entitled. to a social life, she has not even been home for 2 months,before that she had boot camp.

She works she does not cadge off the state and obviously has not had time to clean.I bet she will be on the phone giving her daughter, a telling off.Bad form embarrassing her Mum like that.

The windows will keep until she leaves the show, they are not going anywhere.
    Why cant her daughter clean up,:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    when was it on in the itv2 programme - i want to see it .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moomee wrote: »
    The stairs had white paint up the sides, along with various other marks. No sanding or varnishing in sight.

Maybe she is getting a new carpet, we dont know.:confused: Not having a carpet on the stairs is not a indictable crime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly lazy mare.At 23 , her Mum should be able to depend on her to keep the place right.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some people are not very good at housework.Also she is probably used to her mum doing all the cleaning around the house for all of her life,and now that her mum has gone,she is floundering.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when was it on in the itv2 programme - i want to see it .
    You realy dont.:eek:

it was on the xtra factor
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    [/B]

Exactly lazy mare.At 23 , her Mum should be able to depend on her to keep the place right.
    I agree if she gets married and leaves home her mum wont be around to pick up after her.
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Some people are not very good at housework.Also she is probably used to her mum doing all the cleaning around the house for all of her life,and now that her mum has gone,she is floundering.
    What when she has to fend for herself.
    they should not have let the crew in to that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her daughter should be ashamed - when Mary finds out about this...:eek:
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What when she has to fend for herself.
    they should not have let the crew in to that.

True,she shouldn't have let a camera crew in if the house looked like a bomb site.
  • Options
    Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to have a camera inside some of your houses!

For some people the state of their house is not high on their list of priorities. Mary is a single mum and I'm sure that in the daily grind over a number of years in being the breadwinner and bringing up a child by yourself something has to give. So she goes down the pub each week, surely she's allowed some sort of a life.

One thing that came across in the VT is that her and her daughter have a good relationship. Something many people with perfect houses fail to have.

I'm not a Mary fan but I would never judge her on the state of her house.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    moomee wrote: »
    The stairs had white paint up the sides, along with various other marks.

Ewww! :(
  • Options
    phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ffs not everyone can afford new carpet or windows! Get outside your bubbles!

(although tbh I'd die if my house were shown in such a state, shame on her daughter for not keeping it tidy!)

Also Konnie said something about her house followed by "The state of it!" but I didn't catch it. Does anyone know what she said?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny_Girl wrote: »
    Would love to have a camera inside some of your houses!

For some people the state of their house is not high on their list of priorities. Mary is a single mum and I'm sure that in the daily grind over a number of years in being the breadwinner and bringing up a child by yourself something has to give. So she goes down the pub each week, surely she's allowed some sort of a life.

One thing that came across in the VT is that her and her daughter have a good relationship. Something many people with perfect houses fail to have.

I'm not a Mary fan but I would never judge her on the state of her house.
    I couldnt be any closer to my kids if i tried,it doesnt matter she didnt have much,but the state of the place when only her and her daughter live there,it wasnt just untidy it was rotten.
  • Options
    MistyBlueEyesMistyBlueEyes Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phasers wrote: »

(although tbh I'd die if my house were shown in such a state, shame on her daughter for not keeping it tidy!)

Also Konnie said something about her house followed by "The state of it!" but I didn't catch it. Does anyone know what she said?

She was on about the freezer it was really frozen up with ice
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    I noticed the Tesco product placement too :D

I wasnt surprised at all at the framed picture of the pope, fairly normal for a Catholic of Marys age especially in Ireland. The only thing that surprised me about that was that it was of Pope John Paul II and not our current pope.
  • Options
    rowens08rowens08 Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFS - Connie was talking about the freezer - god help us all - I'm 30+ and would be the exact same if my mam left me 4 a few months....gutted TreyC is gone...:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Oh come on guys.I didn't see it, but like Mary and don't like this kind of talk. It will really get her down if she knows her house was shown on TV and her daughter had let it get into a mess. I don't want her ending up in The Priory afraid to show her face, over her house being shown on TV. At least she works for a living and seems very kind and you can't make her responsible or blame Mary because her daughter's let the house go to wreck and ruin. Maybe that's what she's been worried and depressing about this week if she knew the cameras were going to visit her house, if she knew what her daughter was like. You don't sound nice people talking like that. :(
  • Options
    wends1502wends1502 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you would assume they would give a little advance warning to the daughter that they were going to take a camera crew round there though... and the daughter would think to tidy up a bit...but you couldnt expect the girl to completely redecorate! lol...
  • Options
    Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the Irish contingent are in tonight, it's like England 50 years ago when housewifes used to polish their doorsteps.
  • Options
    madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    I knew this thread would be about this because I remember seeing her house and thinking 'ewwwwww'.

There is no excuse not to have things clean regardless of how much money you've got.

I would have thought the daughter would have made an effort considering the filming crew weer coming around.
  • Options
    madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    phasers wrote: »

She said something about the freezer needing to be cleaned. Not sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a mess.

But - there are times when I've been unable to do the housework for just ONE DAY and I'm ashamed at the filth my family deem acceptable to live in.

Mary hasn't been home in ages and I'd kill any member of my family that didn't CLEAN before the camera crews came around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed the Tesco product placement too :D

I wasnt surprised at all at the framed picture of the pope, fairly normal for a Catholic of Marys age especially in Ireland. The only thing that surprised me about that was that it was of Pope John Paul II and not our current pope.

Many people home in Ireland still stick with the JP2 pictures for some reason. Last time I was over I got someone to redo mums home and out went those things.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    It is possible that her daughter is either physically or mentally unable to clean. We don't know her medical details. Or perhaps she has been back and forth to London and had no time.
    Perhaps she simply couldn't be ar*ed. If so good luck to her. :)