Options

Peter Andre Inspires Paralysed Woman To Walk

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would i do that - it gives you something to do!

We will see how long that is sustained, shall we - because selling records for snogs can only sustain an "artist" for a certain amount of time.

Because going by the single ( and his "presenting career) sustainability not a strong point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles/down

Down 23, two weeks in the chart. Biggest faller, shortest amount of time in charts.

Oh dear.

Eeeeeew! I saw that snogging of women on 3AM girls website it made me feel sick. If it was a woman they would have a name for that.:eek:
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine not being good enough to write songs on an album that contains that dross.

Bless him. I almost feel pity. Then I remember what a fame grabbing media **** he is and I don't.

Exactly!

He'll never be big time, as much as he thinks he is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    Exactly!

He'll never be big time, as much as he thinks he is.

He seems to talk a good talk though.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    Why would i do that - it gives you something to do!

We will see how long that is sustained, shall we - because selling records for snogs can only sustain an "artist" for a certain amount of time.

Because going by the single ( and his "presenting career) sustainability not a strong point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles/down

Down 23, two weeks in the chart. Biggest faller, shortest amount of time in charts.

Oh dear.

Joe fell further than Pete, which is far more serious as he has a very demanding record label. Anyway, it is perfectly normal for singles to fall rapidly. Pete isn't a top musical artist and has never claimed to be. It is only his detractors who impose unreasonable expectations on him
  • Options
    Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    . Pete isn't a top musical artist and has never claimed to be. It is only his detractors who impose unreasonable expectations on him

So he personally isn't hoping for a number one, or at the least a top 10 hit at all and isn't disappointed if it doesn't get there.

Riiiight.

And you and he are dead right - he isn't a top musical artist. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Imagine not being good enough to write songs on an album that contains that dross.

Bless him. I almost feel pity. Then I remember what a fame grabbing media **** he is and I don't.

This album has had good reviews. However, Pete will probably never be accepted as an artist by most - in some cases, people only have to hear his name and dismiss it without even bothering ot listen.
    Nevertheless, he can make a good living from his music if he so wishes, and sing live to audiences, which he says he enjoys. That is what music is about, not the charts. Only a select few can sell millions. He is with a small label who will not have such high expectations as the major labels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So he personally isn't hoping for a number one, or at the least a top 10 hit at all and isn't disappointed if it doesn't get there.

Riiiight.

And you and he are dead right - he isn't a top musical artist. :D

Where did I say he doesn't want a number 1 album. Of course he does, everyone would. But a top 10 album is good. I didn't expect it to do as well as that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did I say he doesn't want a number 1 album. Of course he does, everyone would. But a top 10 album is good. I didn't expect it to do as well as that.

Er, I didn't say you did.

Still as long as he gets in the charts at any position eh? He's a lucky man to get such dross made at all imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Still as long as he gets in the charts at any position eh? He's a lucky man to get such dross made at all imo.

If it is as bad as you say it is - although the reviews were good - then a top 10 album is excellent and he has a good chance of doing really well with top material
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The problem I have is to what lengths he has gone to, to get his record sold. Most artists don't sign their cds with appearances at Asda and the like. Without promotion he just wouldn't sell.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe fell further than Pete, which is far more serious as he has a very demanding record label. Anyway, it is perfectly normal for singles to fall rapidly. Pete isn't a top musical artist and has never claimed to be. It is only his detractors who impose unreasonable expectations on him

Joe who - the link I gave you is for the bbc radio one charts this sunday - Pa is the biggest faller - down 23 place, in the least amount of time - two weeks.

Song do go up and down the chart, but 23 places in one week is not good. Particularly a well-plugged song in only it's second week of release.

Pa is desperate to be a top musical artist. Otherwise he would have accepted the inevitable by now, rather than trying desperately to be relevant and fill Arenas etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldiloks wrote: »
    The problem I have is to what lengths he has gone to, to get his record sold. Most artists don't sign their cds with appearances at Asda and the like. Without promotion he just wouldn't sell.

To be totally fair, all artists have to promote their material to a greater or lesser degree, Peter's career would be on a hiding to nothing if he didn't promote his stuff so aggressively.

Peter appeals to the (sorry ladies) housewives and young girls of Britain, people whose musical tastes are pretty conservative and Asda's an ideal place to promote his stuff. In my opinion of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be totally fair, all artists have to promote their material to a greater or lesser degree, Peter's career would be on a hiding to nothing if he didn't promote his stuff so aggressively.

Peter appeals to the (sorry ladies) housewives and young girls of Britain, people whose musical tastes are pretty conservative and Asda's an ideal place to promote his stuff. In my opinion of course.

I disagree. Promotion as in radio play, MTV etc usually works. But kissing anon in Asda is a tad desperate. Now if Enrique englasias (cant spell) or eminem or Michael Buble or JBJ was to kiss for CD's then front of queue:D

Just realised my wide range in taste.:o
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. Promotion as in radio play, MTV etc usually works. But kissing anon in Asda is a tad desperate. Now if Enrique englasias (cant spell) or eminem or Michael Buble or JBJ was to kiss for CD's then front of queue:D

Just realised my wide range in taste.:o

I think they are all the same...they do, say and write (or ghostwrite) anything to sell their wares. I mean KP dressed up in that blerdy ipod suit...then she put that indecent statement in the teenage boy's book.... All for press coverage and thereby sales. ;)

It seems to be the way they go now.

Years ago you only did that type of thing (ipod suit dressing) if you were down and out or on the way to down and out...:eek: ;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think my musical tastes are conservative. I'm not a huge lover of Pete's stuff, I've got to say, as much as I like him as a person. I will buy the album and I'm sure I'll like it alright but my real musical tastes span anything from Boy George to Aerosmith, from Celine Dion to Scissor Sisters, so I don't think that's very conservative!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who says it's dross? The Defender song sounds quite good, in fact, it's one of his best songs as far as I'm concerned. I've liked his most recent stuff much more than I liked the earlier stuff. Mysterious Girl etc just wasn't my cuppa tea at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think my musical tastes are conservative. I'm not a huge lover of Pete's stuff, I've got to say, as much as I like him as a person. I will buy the album and I'm sure I'll like it alright but my real musical tastes span anything from Boy George to Aerosmith, from Celine Dion to Scissor Sisters, so I don't think that's very conservative!
    Who says it's dross? The Defender song sounds quite good, in fact, it's one of his best songs as far as I'm concerned. I've liked his most recent stuff much more than I liked the earlier stuff. Mysterious Girl etc just wasn't my cuppa tea at all.

You like his stuff, I think it's dross, let's leave it at that.

Different strokes etc.....:)
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In the same way that Ice, Ice Baby was one of Jedward's best?

Whatever, the buying public didn't agree once the tricks had stopped. Falls 23 places in one week, only two weeks in the chart.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems to talk a good talk though.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately!:eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All pretty conservative choices I'd say, especially Celine Dion. :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    In the same way that Ice, Ice Baby was one of Jedward's best?

Whatever, the buying public didn't agree once the tricks had stopped. Falls 23 places in one week, only two weeks in the chart.

Probably because the album then came out, so everyone is now buying that instead. :p

Another Top Ten - well done, Pete! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loulou65 wrote: »
    Probably because the album then came out, so everyone is now buying that instead. :p

Another Top Ten - well done, Pete! :)

Considering what else is in the charts its pretty poor. Bon Jovi best hits and Michael Buble rehashed CD. Not much new stuff there but people still prefer quality over hyped up rubbish IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion/musical taste, of course. There are plenty of artists that I don't like (although I would never slate them just because they don't appeal to me - each to their own etc.).

But anyone who is insistent that they don't like PA's style, think it is dross etc....well, you are in luck, as this latest album is very far removed from his "usual style"!

So if you heard it, you might even like it! Until you realised who it was, of course ;). (Some people are just determined to hate PA, whatever he does :rolleyes:).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion/musical taste, of course. There are plenty of artists that I don't like (although I would never slate them just because they don't appeal to me - each to their own etc.).

But anyone who is insistent that they don't like PA's style, think it is dross etc....well, you are in luck, as this latest album is very far removed from his "usual style"!

So if you heard it, you might even like it! Until you realised who it was, of course ;). (Some people are just determined to hate PA, whatever he does :rolleyes:).

Nobody hates him, don't exaggerate, just a case of having different tastes. This isn't an appreciation thread after all.

Personally, I'd no more buy a Peter Andre album than I'd sprout wings and fly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can't hate somebody you don't know but you are entitled to criticise them if they put themselves up there for public consumption.