Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 23)

Comments

• Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So she's pulled out of the F1 event for personal reasons. What's up?

Yes, I wonder whats going on.

http://www.emirates247.com/entertainment/events/leona-lewis-pulls-out-of-abu-dhabi-f1-show-2010-11-09-1.315499

I wonder if this is related to the rumour of this bean spilling thing.

I have a feeling in my water that something is about to break in the tabloids.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Yes, I wonder whats going on.

http://www.emirates247.com/entertainment/events/leona-lewis-pulls-out-of-abu-dhabi-f1-show-2010-11-09-1.315499

I wonder if this is related to the rumour of this bean spilling thing.

I have a feeling in my water that something is about to break in the tabloids.

Agreed, something is up, she can't be ill if she's at a gig tonight and this has been in her diary for a while.

I hope she's not going to do the X-Factor or something at short notice as it wouldn't look good pulling out of a charity event like that. I'm sure she wouldn't do that, but something is up for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wasn't there supposed to be an announcement today or something? I wonder if she's getting married :)
  • Options
    fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She may just have a last minute family event or something, I wouldn't read anything more into it.

Is their a source for the supposed 'spilling the beans' interview other than an internet article quoting a far from prestigious free daily newspaper?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    She may just have a last minute family event or something, I wouldn't read anything more into it.

Is their a source for the supposed 'spilling the beans' interview other than an internet article quoting a far from prestigious free daily newspaper?

You don't honestly think a minor family event would stop a high profile appearance like the F1 GP do you?
  • Options
    RyAn_?RyAn_? Posts: 6,283
    Forum Member
    You don't honestly think a minor family event would stop a high profile appearance like the F1 GP do you?

Depends what you consider minor. If its something Leona feels strongly enough to cancel an appearance for, that's her call.

Anyway, doesn't matter really as it's none of our business. Leona can't do it, end of story really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A family event, be it a wedding, a funeral or something else , would be far more important than a 'high profile appearance'.

They cited 'personal reasons' and thats just what they are, personal, I am not going to speculate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RyAn_? wrote: »
    Depends what you consider minor. If its something Leona feels strongly enough to cancel an appearance for, that's her call.

Anyway, doesn't matter really as it's none of our business. Leona can't do it, end of story really.

I'm betting it isn't.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm betting it isn't.;)

I swear you and Rodney should ask for jobs with the fan magazine on the OS ;)

Someone anode mentioned some story - where did that come from? Thought all we were waiting for was the thing Nicola mentioned...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RyAn_? wrote: »

It was a charity event, so it's not the sort of thing you cancel lightly, if it were a family issue would she be performing tonight?

It was the article that said personal reasons not anyone here. Many tickets may have been sold for the event on the assumption she'd be performing on Saturday.

No offence but Sister Sledge are not exactly great back ups.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was a charity event, so it's not the sort of thing you cancel lightly, if it were a family issue would she be performing tonight?

It was the article that said personal reasons not anyone here. Many tickets may have been sold for the event on the assumption she'd be performing on Saturday.

No offence but Sister Sledge are not exactly great back ups.

Oh I know and it is not often Leona cancels an appearance for any reason, so obviously it is something important to her - not necessarily anything that maters to us.

Real life gets in the way with these things. Sometimes there's nothing you can do about it, even if you have bought tickets.
  • Options
    Frank823Frank823 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boo. The US release was pushed back:
    Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on October 02 2010. Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Leona Lewis "The Labyrinth Tour-Live At The O2 (CD/DVD)"
    Estimated arrival date: December 14 2010
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    Frank823 wrote: »
    Boo. The US release was pushed back:

Lol why did they even bother to push it back? It's not like it has to be strategically placed in order to avoid competition or anything, it's just something for the fans and anyone else who missed the tour.

Regarding Leona cancelling the F1 gig, she must have done it for important reasons. I doubt she just decided she didn't want to do it anymore, she must be ill or have a family matter to attend to. It's a shame, but these things happen.:(

On another note, it's interesting to see that SuBo's second album has only sold 30k in the first midweek chart, so she's looking at sales just under 100k for the week. Compare that to last year where her first album sold over 400k in it's first week. Although Echo didn't sell as much as Spirit in its first week, it still managed to push a respectable 150k. Suppose it shows the role that hype played during the release of Subo's first album.

I wonder how much the third album will sell? If we presume its going to be released in the summer, it's doubtful that she'll push anything over 100k in the first week (Christmas accounts for a lot of sales lol). However if they market it right and release the right single/singles prior to its release, it could do alright I reckon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are making far too much of this F1 gig cancellation. There are loads of events there this week, some higher profile than this. It might be for charity but Leona would still have been just a paid performer.

It could be something as simple as Leona needs to fly back to the States as her recording schedule has changed. High profile producers/artists have small windows of opportunity and Leona is trying to get album finished for early in the new year. If someone had suddenly become available J really wanted to produce/write/collaborate with LL it would be stupid to forgo the opportunity for the sake of a paid gig which was only announced 8 days ago.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    david_f wrote: »
    People are making far too much of this F1 gig cancellation. There are loads of events there this week, some higher profile than this. It might be for charity but Leona would still have been just a paid performer.

It could be something as simple as Leona needs to fly back to the States as her recording schedule has changed. High profile producers/artists have small windows of opportunity and Leona is trying to get album finished for early in the new year. If someone had suddenly become available J really wanted to produce/write/collaborate with LL it would be stupid to forgo the opportunity for the sake of a paid gig which was only announced 8 days ago.

I was going to post the same thing. Far too much over-analysis when it's really not uncommon to cancel events like this. The only thing that confuses me is "personal reasons" when usually it would be "scheduling conflicts." I'm sure it's nothing too major if she can perform tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Personal reasons" often used to by promoters/artists to save face though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    david_f wrote: »
    "Personal reasons" often used to by promoters/artists to save face though.

That's true. Sounds better to say that.

Pics of Leona from tonight:

http://yfrog.com/76zszxj

http://plixi.com/p/55948840

She looks adorable in that hat. :) The star is back. People will start thinking it's a permanent tattoo. :eek::p
  • Options
    RavaneRavane Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://yfrog.com/gq173jj

http://yfrog.com/mkvqqej

She looks so cute with the hat. :D Her legs are tiny!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://twitter.com/teentoday
    Singing Run, it's immense http://yfrog.com/7hyjbij

half a minute ago via TweetDeck

They also said it was being professionally filmed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Glad she did acoustic Naked again. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teentoday wrote:
    I was so close to Leona I actually feel sick, to see someone that talented up close is immense. I was stood next to Dame Kelly Holmes.

7 minutes ago via TweetDeck

:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    V. short video from the Kinect launch

http://yfrog.com/ngsu1z
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    V. short video from the Kinect launch

http://yfrog.com/ngsu1z

is it just me or does that end of Run sound a lot more sung than hummed/sung as it usually it, I quite like it! :D

That picture of Ben and Leona is too much to handle haha, it was bad enough at Cardiff when I didn't know who to look at lmao :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or does anyone else think Leona is starting to use her voice to its full potential? I'm not saying she didn't try before or anything, but all of a sudden she's beginning to remind me of how Whitney used her voice in the 90s, not in like a melismatic way, it's just that she's making her vocals more exciting......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sazaleeno wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else think Leona is starting to use her voice to its full potential? I'm not saying she didn't try before or anything, but all of a sudden she's beginning to remind me of how Whitney used her voice in the 90s, not in like a melismatic way, it's just that she's making her vocals more exciting......

Yes, but her voice has an extra dimension to it live that they've yet to fully catch in the studio, it's why I want an unplugged album at some point. She'd kill it doing an ITV special unplugged.
This discussion has been closed.