Nine Bob NoteNine Bob Note Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    51 replies and the man's not even dead? Waste of my time :cool:
  • Options
    avidreaderavidreader Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelvin Mackenzie is a vile man. Horrible horrible person, and there's not many people I would say that about.

What he said about Hillsborough was unforgiveable - and he's never even tried to make amends for it.

As for what he said about Michael Jackson - whatever people might think happened, MJ was not found Guilty. And Mackenzie has no right to go peddling his opinions as if they are fact. But then again, that's what he has always done.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avidreader wrote: »
    As for what he said about Michael Jackson - whatever people might think happened, MJ was not found Guilty. And Mackenzie has no right to go peddling his opinions as if they are fact. But then again, that's what he has always done.

And I don't really think it's McKenzie's place to state that these kids are better off without their father - when by all accounts they have said he was a good father.

There is no suggestion that MJ was anything other than a good dad to his kids. McKenzie's ranting is loaded with a personal agenda.
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=whydoiwatch;45524215]I'm American, have no idea what football is even about, but I know about Hillsborough and the Sun's absolute vile coverage of it. Not following football is not an excuse and that tragedy changed saftey regs at football stadia I do believe.

Kelvin McKenzie is a loudmouth, pompous ass. He'd never get away with the things he says about the Scots if he said them about black people, Asians or Jews.[/QUOTE]

I dont really know what you are implying here:confused:. What do you mean 'excuse'.

I didnt say that l didnt know about Hillsborough. Of course l knew there had been a disaster, but didnt know what Kelvin Mackenzie had said about it. I didnt even know who he was on the this morning programme.
    After reading some of the links that op's have put up, l can indeed see that he does seem a nasty person, and can understand why Liverpool supporters dislike him so much.
    I dont know what he has said about the Scots either (will have to google), but with Mackenzie for a surname, l should say there is a good chance he has Scottish ancestry himself.
    Oh, and l wouldnt worry about the Scots.....they are more than capable of holding their own.
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good god. I knew about Sun/Liverpool but had no idea that McKenzie was the man in charge at the time.

What an ignorant prat.

How he manages to stay in well paid employment since he left the Sun is beyond me ....He came across as a right lazy t055er on the Comic Relief Apprentice a few years back too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    [QUOTE=whydoiwatch;45524215]I'm American, have no idea what football is even about, but I know about Hillsborough and the Sun's absolute vile coverage of it. Not following football is not an excuse and that tragedy changed saftey regs at football stadia I do believe.

Kelvin McKenzie is a loudmouth, pompous ass. He'd never get away with the things he says about the Scots if he said them about black people, Asians or Jews.

I dont really know what you are implying here:confused:. What do you mean 'excuse'.

I didnt say that l didnt know about Hillsborough. Of course l knew there had been a disaster, but didnt know what Kelvin Mackenzie had said about it. I didnt even know who he was on the this morning programme.
    After reading some of the links that op's have put up, l can indeed see that he does seem a nasty person, and can understand why Liverpool supporters dislike him so much.
    I dont know what he has said about the Scots either (will have to google), but with Mackenzie for a surname, l should say there is a good chance he has Scottish ancestry himself.
    Oh, and l wouldnt worry about the Scots.....they are more than capable of holding their own.

I'm not implying anything, I came right out and said it.There was a recent doc about the Sun and Liverpool. There have been reams of copy about the incident, so yes, saying you don't follow football as a reason for not knowing about the man who was responsible for the appalling coverage sounds like an excuse.

I don't worry about the Scots-- I used to live there, am married to one and gave birth to two of them. I know exactly what they are made of. He is uneccessarily nasty about an entire ethnic group that he wouldn't get away with if they were not largely white or part of Britain.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people are being a bit harsh on sidsgirl here - I couldn't pick out McKenzie in an ID parade and had never really heard of him before either. I knew The Sun had come out with some pretty bad crap about Hillsborough, but again I had no idea what individuals were actually responsible for the story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    Didn't the Scots ban 'Downton Abbey' from being shown on STV. too. Most probably because it's theme was a little too English upper class.

It helps to know the background to the 'ban' before jumping to conclusions:

It is a dispute STV have with ITV in connection with programming fees.
    http://www.heraldscotland.com/ofcom-expected-to-launch-inquiry-after-stv-cuts-more-itv-dramas-1.917090
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been reading MacKenzies wiki page - O.M.G :eek:

How on earth did he get away with printing such utter shite for so long?!?! Hillsborough aside (which i itself is impossible to beat in the vicious lying bullshit stakes) he has:
    Indeed, many commentators accused MacKenzie and his team of simply inventing many of the stories that appeared in the newspaper, as well as interviews, and in some instances this was proven to be the case, most notably when an entirely fabricated interview with the disfigured Falklands war hero Simon Weston was published, which was criticised for "inviting readers to feel revulsion at his disfigurement".[5] Some other notable controversies that occurred under MacKenzie include a headline describing Australian Aborigines as "The Abo's: Brutal and Treacherous" (which was condemned as "inaccurate" and "unacceptably racist" by the Press Council)[1] and MacKenzie's sending of photographers to break into a psychiatric hospital to ask actor Jeremy Brett, who was a patient in the hospital at the time and who was suffering from manic depression and dying of cardiomyopathy, whether he was "dying of AIDS". The newspaper apparently suspected Brett of being a homosexual and that his mystery illness might be AIDS, which it wasn't.[16]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    I think people are being a bit harsh on sidsgirl here - I couldn't pick out McKenzie in an ID parade and had never really heard of him before either. I knew The Sun had come out with some pretty bad crap about Hillsborough, but again I had no idea what individuals were actually responsible for the story.

MacKenzie also is behind sending in a photographer and journalist to the psychiatric hospital room where Jeremy Brett, the actor, was dying of cardiomyopathy and suffering from manic depression to find out if he had AIDS because they suspected he was gay.

When criticised for many of the stories the Sun published turning out to have no basis in fact, he said "When I published those stories they were not lies, they were great stories that later turned out to be untrue and that is different. What am I supposed to feel ashamed about?"
    http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=35890
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »

Thanks Ber, was sure l couldnt be the only one .:)
  • Options
    archie2000archie2000 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    The vilest piece of slime to ever exist on this earth

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

YNWA
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it disturbing that The Sun broke into a psychiatric ward to pester someone with mental health issues.. Did they really need to know if he was dying of aids?
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    MacKenzie also is behind sending in a photographer and journalist to the psychiatric hospital room where Jeremy Brett, the actor, was dying of cardiomyopathy and suffering from manic depression to find out if he had AIDS because they suspected he was gay.

When criticised for many of the stories the Sun published turning out to have no basis in fact, he said "When I published those stories they were not lies, they were great stories that later turned out to be untrue and that is different. What am I supposed to feel ashamed about?"

An odious man who appears to respond to valid criticism by becoming even more belligerent and disgusting. Shame on him.
  • Options
    LFC4evaLFC4eva Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    horrible man. id say i hoped he catched aids and die but that would be to nice.

there is nothing nice in that man.

just one big sh1t (can i say that)
  • Options
    Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LFC4eva wrote: »
    horrible man. id say i hoped he catched aids and die but that would be to nice.

No, saying that makes you as bad as him.
  • Options
    toribaynestoribaynes Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i remember hillsborough and how horrifying it was and this peice of crap saying what he did odious peice of shite
    with the michael jackson issue i just feel he was like a child himself and his kids seem pretty grounded
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »

I didn't know about that!:eek: How utterly despicable!!:mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    Didn't the Scots ban 'Downton Abbey' from being shown on STV. too. Most probably because it's theme was a little too English upper class.

Actually no, STV have decided to drop many ITV shows and concentrate on making their own shows. The reason behind this is it is much cheaper to do that than pay for network shows such as Doc Martin, The Bill and most dramas such as Dwnton Abbey. ITV have taken STV to court over this issue.

So sorry no it's not because it is too 'English' for STV.

As for Kelvin MacKenzie he is a vile person who is trying to keep his 15 minutes of fame going by being controversal. His views on Hillsborough and Scotland have been well documented.
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Oh, is that his name. I liked him. Why should he be dropped.....he is entitled to his opinion.

When someone is found innocent on all counts, publicly suggesting otherwise is libellous - or would be if he were still alive.

The aftermath of Jordy Chandler's relationship with his parents, Jordy's reported admissions of lying and his father's suicide would say it all - except of course none of that was widely reported in the UK as it wouldn't fit their 'Wacko Jacko is a pedo' agenda. Still, even the British press couldn't hide the fact that he was found innocent on all counts.

Anyway, as we've all seen over the years Kelvin is an absolute arsehole. A horrid, pompous, insensitive scumbag and why people continue to pay him to spout off his disgusting uninformed bile is beyond me.

Incidentally did you know it was Kelvin who first started calling him 'Wacko Jacko'. Figures. Be a schoolyard bully and blind accuser to him in life and then say his kids are better off without him when he's dead.

Good blogpost on the subject here: http://charlesthomsonjournalist.blogspot.com/2010/11/kelvin-mckenzie-jackson-was-abuser-and.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't catch him on This Morning but did see him on Sky's papers review the night before the spending review was published and he said that he hoped the Scots get an absolute kicking in the cuts since 'we' were paying for their kids to go to university.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Just went on itv player to watch it & looks like that ep isn't on there???
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tree123 wrote: »
    Just went on itv player to watch it & looks like that ep isn't on there???

Looks like they haven't put that one up (I wonder why :o)

There's a transcript of it in the link I posted above though.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What issue is to MacKenzie as to 'how and why' MJ's kids were born anyway??!

I think he's just a rabble rouser, a rent-a-gob. He's a TV mouthpiece for tabloid chip paper-style sensationalism.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it disturbing that The Sun broke into a psychiatric ward to pester someone with mental health issues.. Did they really need to know if he was dying of aids?

Apparently it was 'in the public interest'.