• Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Right, JohnBoy will have to send us both a spoilery PM now :D
  • Options
    JohnBoy WaltonJohnBoy Walton Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha, I wont! It will probably turn out to be all bollocks and I would make a right idiot out of myself!
  • Options
    JohnBoy WaltonJohnBoy Walton Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, I like it here so much more this weekend!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Season 5 is already scheduled for 2011 :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the episodes. Brilliant. Best finale yet.

I quite agree , never thought we'd see Paul McGanns Doctor turn up with Kate O Mara as the Rani. Oh the hilarity they got out of of mixing her name up with SJ's sidekick. It was strange to see the 8th Doctor , The Rani , Rani and Davros performing the time warp from the Rocky Horror show at the end. Changing the lyrics to "Lets Do The Time War" again was a stroke of genius.............

...................:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back to more serious matters and does anybody know why the BBC HD channel showed Death Of The Doctor part one for the second week running on Sunday afternoon. Hope they haven't misplaced a shiny HD copy of part two.
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Did anyone watch?!
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Did anyone watch?!
    I did and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to tomorrows now.
    I did suspect that Ruby White was an alien with evil plans when she suddenly started being all friendly. Before that I thought maybe something had escaped from the meteor and infected SJS. Either way, it was a little obvious she wasn't simply ill.
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, thank God SJA is on CBBC because this Thread has just got INCREDIBLY childish.

As for "Goodbye, Sarah Jane" I so want SJA to remain in the domain of CBBC but if it continues with this kind of quality I will have to join the increasingly growing voices that want it to shift to BBC Drama and appear on BBC1 as a family show...it was a brilliant start to the end of a brilliant series.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, thank God SJA is on CBBC because this Thread has just got INCREDIBLY childish.

As for "Goodbye, Sarah Jane" I so want SJA to remain in the domain of CBBC but if it continues with this kind of quality I will have to join the increasingly growing voices that want it to shift to BBC Drama and appear on BBC1 as a family show...it was a brilliant start to the end of a brilliant series.

Well, you know what they say about being childish.....:D

So it wasn't the baddie we thought it was...unless there's a twist?
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think we will see the Trickster. Though this time what if it's Sarah Jane who does a deal with him?? She is dying after all, and that's when he appears to people.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I still think we will see the Trickster. Though this time what if it's Sarah Jane who does a deal with him?? She is dying after all, and that's when he appears to people.

Someone said in an interview that Series 5 was going to be in 'a new league' it would certainly make for an interesting route, to feature The Trickster more briefly here, and maybe in a larger role in the Series 5 finale. I still think we are going to lose Clyde and Rani after Series 5 for some reason - not sure why. Maybe he (Trickster) will be the conclusion to this era of the show, or heaven forbid the show altogether :eek: ...

I also though that Jo Grant was capable of having a sequel series to Sarah Jane. If Lis Sladen ever stepped down, Jo would make for a great replacement, and we have Santiago as well. :D

So many thoughts, argh!! This show has done itself proud this year. I dare say it had more of a consistency than Doctor Who suprisingly. An all-round good year for us fans. :)
  • Options
    Jakes_stuffJakes_stuff Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone said in an interview that Series 5 was going to be in 'a new league' it would certainly make for an interesting route, to feature The Trickster more briefly here, and maybe in a larger role in the Series 5 finale. I still think we are going to lose Clyde and Rani after Series 5 for some reason - not sure why. Maybe he (Trickster) will be the conclusion to this era of the show, or heaven forbid the show altogether :eek: ...

I also though that Jo Grant was capable of having a sequel series to Sarah Jane. If Lis Sladen ever stepped down, Jo would make for a great replacement, and we have Santiago as well. :D

So many thoughts, argh!! This show has done itself proud this year. I dare say it had more of a consistency than Doctor Who suprisingly. An all-round good year for us fans. :)

I agree, it has definately been the best series so far - its a shame it tucked away on CBBC on a Monday and Tuesday at teatime - I think it could do well at a similar time on BBC1 on Saturdays, like the old slot of Doctor Who way back when.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I agree, it has definately been the best series so far - its a shame it tucked away on CBBC on a Monday and Tuesday at teatime - I think it could do well at a similar time on BBC1 on Saturdays, like the old slot of Doctor Who way back when.

Agreed, and I think it also works so much better (usually) in just one long episode, I know that kids can sit there for 50 minutes of television without getting bored... I doubt there are any child viewers of SJA that don't watch DW. The main problem with this is that the cliffhangers often feel a bit forced, which breaks the flow of the stories. I have found that Series 4 has been the exception where it has worked well on all occasions, particularly in the last two stories.

Behind this, Series 1 still remains my favourite series. It started off a bit weak but explored the deeper, more adult themes in its later stories. Series 3 almost nabbed the spot, but fell apart in its latter half imho. I think that all concerned have done a brilliant job - the actors who play Rani and Luke have improved so much this year, Clyde is as good as always and the story quality has certainly been stepped up. Series 5 (and beyond) can't come soon enough! :D
  • Options
    Jakes_stuffJakes_stuff Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, and I think it also works so much better (usually) in just one long episode, I know that kids can sit there for 50 minutes of television without getting bored... I doubt there are any child viewers of SJA that don't watch DW. The main problem with this is that the cliffhangers often feel a bit forced, which breaks the flow of the stories. I have found that Series 4 has been the exception where it has worked well on all occasions, particularly in the last two stories.

Behind this, Series 1 still remains my favourite series. It started off a bit weak but explored the deeper, more adult themes in its later stories. Series 3 almost nabbed the spot, but fell apart in its latter half imho. I think that all concerned have done a brilliant job - the actors who play Rani and Luke have improved so much this year, Clyde is as good as always and the story quality has certainly been stepped up. Series 5 (and beyond) can't come soon enough! :D

The only thing that really annoys me is that bit of the beginning of the episode where Clyde does his 'Bannerman Road' speech, and then when Sarah and Luke come to the door and Sarah says 'Ready?' and Clyde replies 'Always' and looks at the camera dramatically - cringe cringe cringe!! :D
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is on BBC 1 tomorrow at 4.30pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the first part on i player now, can't believe Sarah Jane has asked Mr Smith to delete her voice command. Oh dear. That Ruby is obviously a baddy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very, very scary. Can hardly watch.

Part 2 now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BEST.SERIES.EVER!

seriously series 4, i have liked or loved each of the storylines here!

Death Of The Doctor, The Nightmare Man, The Empty Planet and Goodbye Sarah Jane are th best episodes of the show yet!

and i liked Lost In Time and Vault Of Secrets very much too!

and damn, that finale was BRILLIANT i felt properly touched by it, and also i found the plot quite tough too! i liked it very much.

I hope Ruby returns for series 5, she was a rather manipulative character :) and a very slick villain. I did think the Trickster may have been back for it, but regardless this was fantastic! 5/5 stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even on CBBC it's been 2nd in the multi-channel ratings after Eastenders which is no mean feat...I think the repeats on Sundays were a good plan but SJA should stay on CBBC.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Well that's a surprise. The episode has Sarah Jane in the title... and no Trickster.:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Well that's a surprise. The episode has Sarah Jane in the title... and no Trickster.:eek:

Maybe that was the Trick :o:D
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great final 2 episodes....I too would love to see SJA on an early evening slot next year saturday anbd sunays!