Options

My Opinion Of Rebecca Keeps Going Up

ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
Forum Member
When Katie was getting booed on the Xtra factor Rebecca looked really sad :( and gave her a big hug after :)
She seems so nice and genuine,and does not think she is above Wagner like some of the others do.
Cher is still my favourite but if Rebecca won I would not be too upset about it.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    ultros wrote: »
    When Katie was getting booed on the Xtra factor Rebecca looked really sad :( and gave her a big hug after :)
    She seems so nice and genuine,and does not think she is above Wagner like some of the others do.
    Cher is still my favourite but if Rebecca won I would not be too upset about it.

Oh ulros ....this is terrible my angel Cher is worth your love .....Rebecca doesn't love music
  • Options
    ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    mazzamac2 wrote: »
    Oh ulros ....this is terrible my angel Cher is worth your love .....Rebecca doesn't love music

Yes she does + Probably awesome music like The Smiths or The Pixies !
    I wish they could both win and go on tour together !!!
  • Options
    HaruhiHaruhi Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Rebecca needs to move more on stage and maybe try a different type of song
  • Options
    CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    Rebecca will be bottom two within the next three weeks, many people I have spoken to are bored with her same old, same old, she is too predicatable and pretty boring to watch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny I thought Katie and Cher got along better.

Girls gotta stick together and all that jazz.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is great. She is talented, beautiful, humble and just wants to do her best. She doesn't get involved with the media frenzy, or any of the petty stuff that seems to go on, which I think is the mark of someone who is being professional and serious about what they are doing.

As for her being boring....good singers don't have to dance about - people go to concerts to hear their voice, not see them grind about in latex or their underwear.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnHughes wrote: »
    I think she is great. She is talented, beautiful, humble and just wants to do her best. She doesn't get involved with the media frenzy, or any of the petty stuff that seems to go on, which I think is the mark of someone who is being professional and serious about what they are doing.

As for her being boring....good singers don't have to dance about - people go to concerts to hear their voice, not see them grind about in latex or their underwear.

You are spot on! I love Rebecca and she thoroughly deserves to win. I also love Cher and Matt as well and thinks that any of these 3 would be deserving winners and I think that they will all do really well for themselves!
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CloudyE wrote: »
    Rebecca will be bottom two within the next three weeks, many people I have spoken to are bored with her same old, same old, she is too predicatable and pretty boring to watch.

People who are into music love her. So she probably won't win the show but she'll be the success story of this year's X factor.
  • Options
    Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    People who are into music love her.

So she probably won't win the show but she'll be the success story of this year's X factor.
    That statement needs qualifying, because otherwise it reads as though people who don't "love her" aren't "into music", which would be quite ludicrous.

I'm not sure about that. There's a massive market waiting for Cher, if they do it right and give her decent material. Matt would be reliant on decent material too, but also on getting playlisted. But what's Rebecca's target audience - Radio 2? She doesn't give anywhere near enough. She doesn't have to be prancing around the stage with two dozen dancers, but to be the sort of "success story" you suggest she's at least going to have to prove that her knees and ankles aren't fused. Fine for the over-35s perhaps, but a younger audience aren't going to buy tickets to watch a woman rooted to the spot for an hour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's to say she wants a young audience? Maybe she wants the older more mature type of fan. The music that gets promoted on Radio 2 has longevity. It's well documented that the over 35s buy the most albums and are not as fickle as younger fans, so really, if you want to make it long term they should be the fans to target. Young people don't buy albums, hence why lots of acts targetted at young people get dropped when their albums flop.
  • Options
    CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    People who are into music love her. So she probably won't win the show but she'll be the success story of this year's X factor.

I am "into" music, I dont love her. I see katie as the surprise success of this years crop of hopefulls.
    When in the studio with the right songs, she has the most commercial and current vocal style.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CloudyE wrote: »
    I am "into" music, I dont love her. I see katie as the surprise success of this years crop of hopefulls.
    When in the studio with the right songs, she has the most commercial and current vocal style.

Umm..I wouldn't really call her that:D
  • Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ultros wrote: »

I prefer Cher to Rebecca too but I agree that Rebecca seems very likeable and genuine. Unlike Matt she's not talking about her rightful place in the Final and disparaging other contestants. I also noticed her compassion for Katie on Xtra Factor. We're reaching the stage in the competition where more and more viewers are making up their own minds about personalities based on what they see and I'm sure that will work to Rebecca's advantage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I prefer Cher to Rebecca too but I agree that Rebecca seems very likeable and genuine. Unlike Matt she's not talking about her rightful place in the Final and disparaging other contestants. I also noticed her compassion for Katie on Xtra Factor. We're reaching the stage in the competition where more and more viewers are making up their own minds about personalities based on what they see and I'm sure that will work to Rebecca's advantage.

you don't have a clue what rebecca's saying ..you only know what's reported. And I've said it before and will continue to say it Rebecca (and she's not the only one) thinks that songs are meant to make her sound good; Matt on the otherhand realise that he is there to make a song sound
    good. It's the difference between a wannabee and a musician and it stands out a mile
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzamac2 wrote: »
    you don't have a clue what rebecca's saying ..you only know what's reported. And I've said it before and will continue to say it Matt (and he's not the only one) thinks that songs are meant to make him sound good; Rebecca on the otherhand realise that she is there to make a song sound
    good. It's the difference between a wannabee and a musician and it stands out a mile

......again and again as usual :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Corrected, according to my opinion :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haruhi wrote: »
    Rebecca needs to move more on stage and maybe try a different type of song
    I agree Haruhi
    I am afraid that lovely as she is, Rebecca is becoming forgettable because she is doing the same every week.
    She needs to concentrate more on meaning of the actual lyrics because by not moving around she is not really getting the message of the song across.