Options

Pa, Kp or Neither?

Comments

• Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    I'll say it again. I liked them both but Peter a bit more as he has more about him personality-wise. Since hearing people ON THE INTERNET, on DIFFERENT forums and sites, where they are quite disgusting in the things they say about him, it has made me like him more and see the good side of him more. And it is more than one person. The whole site on 3am has been hijacked by a few people making similar comments on him for the past year. EVERY DAY.

But they are not necessarily the people here. Someone who posts here and there (a Pa fan) named me and said the were going to "F**k me up", just purely because they couldn't get me banned - they admitted that they alerted me 20 times. I don't blame that forum, and I don't blame this one - I don't hold that up as an example of all Pa fans, just as how one person goes too far.

Thing is, I don't post there, and having read the bit that I did, it seems either side has control at some point or another.

Thank you for clarifying though, I must of misread initially, as I found it odd that anyone would become a supporter of a zeleb purely because of what one non-fan said about them.
  • Options
    MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldiloks wrote: »
    Ooh your not going all religious on me.:eek:

How did I know you was going to say that?
    Most people choose to listen to Simon Cowell these days.
  • Options
    Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a business, why would you put up with the abuse/criticism if you weren't being paid.

Why would anyone put up with abuse full stop whether they were doing something for free or for vast amounts of cash? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would anyone put up with abuse full stop whether they were doing something for free or for vast amounts of cash? :confused:

I agree, but if you read any of the threads on here there are good and bad comments on most celebs.

Should she pack in her career because of a few narrow minded people twittering hateful comments. Take Cheryl for instance she is having a lot of abuse at the moment so does she throw the towel in and give up?
  • Options
    Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, but if you read any of the threads on here there are good and bad comments on most celebs.

Should she pack in her career because of a few narrow minded people twittering hateful comments. Take Cheryl for instance she is having a lot of abuse at the moment so does she throw the towel in and give up?

Did I say Katie should give up? No.

For a start, if she did there'd be nowt to gossip about on here would there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh your not going all religious on me.:eek:

Its a shame there isn't a bit more of it around, then you wouldn't get young people worshipping at the feet of an ex topless model. And some of them do take her that seriously.
    :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But they are not necessarily the people here. Someone who posts here and there (a Pa fan) named me and said the were going to "F**k me up", just purely because they couldn't get me banned - they admitted that they alerted me 20 times. I don't blame that forum, and I don't blame this one - I don't hold that up as an example of all Pa fans, just as how one person goes too far.

Thing is, I don't post there, and having read the bit that I did, it seems either side has control at some point or another.

Thank you for clarifying though, I must of misread initially, as I found it odd that anyone would become a supporter of a zeleb purely because of what one non-fan said about them.

I cannot believe I typed "must of" instead of "must have" - that is one of my pet hates!:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine to.
    Woops :o:o:o:o
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't dislike either of them, although they both irritate me at times. What I am more concerned about is my youngest son's female friends pointing out certain objects, electrical items, furniture etc in my home are also in Katie's, I swear its just a coincidence. Latest one I need to investigate is being told I have the same double bed as Katie & Alex. Firstly we've owned that bed since 2002 and Katie didn't meet Peter until 2004 or Alex until 2009 so I guess she's owned loads of different beds in between. Secondly why are my son's friends traipsing around my bedroom & taking notes.:eek:
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,414
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of either but if forced to choose, I'd say I prefer Kate as she is what she is - a tabloid zeleb in her own right - and she embraces it.

Pete on the other hand likes to think he is someone with a credible talent and is happy to use his children as publicity fodder as they are more interesting than him.

She has 'it', he doesn't.
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've used the forum search facilty and can't find where anyone has said anything so vile.

And calling people ''haters'' isn't adding anything to your argument, and is I think, actually against forum rules.

NIM, I know my statement about vile abusive posts was not about DS and I think I know to which site Muttsnutts is referring because I have seen that exact post. :mad:

I find DS a lot more balanced than any other forum I have posted on. ;)
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to see disgusting stuff. You just follow any of the sites Mr Paparazzi, Daily Mail etc. I am now immune to the vile comments posted against KP. The people that follow her on Twitter and then call her vile names about her features are scum. She actually replies to them but I think she also must becoming immune because a lesser person would crack.

IMO the comments on PA are p*ss taking, with KP they are very personal.

Sorry to disagree Goldi, but one site I know of (3AM (The Mirror) mentioned on DS as a thread a few times regarding how vulgar it is) is where they get very, very personal, very, very abusive, in fact vile about PA. I am at a loss to understand people who post like that. What are they like in real life??? :eek: :confused::(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of either but if forced to choose, I'd say I prefer Kate as she is what she is - a tabloid zeleb in her own right - and she embraces it.

Pete on the other hand likes to think he is someone with a credible talent and is happy to use his children as publicity fodder as they are more interesting than him.

Same here. Except I've never liked him, there's just something about him in particular that makes my skin crawl and I've felt that way since first time around.

I end up defending Katie not because I like but because a lot of the criticism goes beyond making fun of her or making a reasonable point and into really nasty vitriolic misogynistic condemnation. Which I personally think goes too far and I wouldn't agree with if the same sort of thing was aimed at PA either.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither.

Vulgar, desperate attention seekers.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here. Except I've never liked him, there's just something about him in particular that makes my skin crawl and I've felt that way since first time around.

I end up defending Katie not because I like but because a lot of the criticism goes beyond making fun of her or making a reasonable point and into really nasty vitriolic misogynistic condemnation. Which I personally think goes too far and I wouldn't agree with if the same sort of thing was aimed at PA either.

Yes, that's what drew me into posting here in the first place, the degree of venom directed at her which imo went above and beyond any reasonable or rational dislike.

I have no time for that extreme end of dislike for anyone and only read/comment here since there seems on the whole to be a zero tolerance policy of the type of commentry you mention above and Muttsnutt mentioned earlier in the thread against PA.

They're a pair of irritating twonks not serial killers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said! And it summarizes my viewpoint exactly!

I have to add that im losing interest both. Its the same rubbish everyday now, aside from Katie deciding to rethink her approach with the children (which i appauld her for) i havent heard anything new in months!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valdery wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I have and would not even repeat it here Muttsnutts but it came from a site I have mentioned previously and there are a lot more of that ilk too. I cannot understand such vile nastiness against someone you don't come into contact with every day or has not done you a personal injustice...the mind boggles...well mine does. :(

I've read death threats recently on Twitter, not aimed at Pete but aimed at some other celebs. And not just death threats, but wishing terminal illnesses on people, It's disgusting. I'm so glad I'm not on Twitter and am on a forum which is managed very well and any of that sort of talk (rare though it is) is banished very quickly. Some people are just scum, the lowest of the low. Wishing terrible things on others is only going to come back on them whether they believe it or not. Gross.

As for who I prefer, no prizes for guessing it's the lovely Pete. Katie irritates me at the best of times, although I don't dislike her and find her quite entertaining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to disagree Goldi, but one site I know of (3AM (The Mirror) mentioned on DS as a thread a few times regarding how vulgar it is) is where they get very, very personal, very, very abusive, in fact vile about PA. I am at a loss to understand people who post like that. What are they like in real life??? :eek: :confused::(

Vile cowards. You can tell what they're really like because no one who has any decency at all would say such gross things about another human being, or certainly not one who hasn't done them or their families and friends any harm. You know they wouldn't dare voice their opinions anywhere other than from the safety of their own computer.
  • Options
    LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither really.
    I did use to prefer him, but hes getting on my nerves now. I do think hes a nice enough bloke and a good dad but so are hundreds of men and his voice really isnt all that.

But if i had to spend an hour locked in a room with one of them I'd defo choose him over her. I dont think there would be room for me, her and her ego.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to disagree Goldi, but one site I know of (3AM (The Mirror) mentioned on DS as a thread a few times regarding how vulgar it is) is where they get very, very personal, very, very abusive, in fact vile about PA. I am at a loss to understand people who post like that. What are they like in real life??? :eek: :confused: :(

I wondered that about the PA fan making threats against me on there. But what can you do?

However, this thread isn't about the 3am site, at the moment I think we have more neutrals than supporters of either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LisaB599 wrote: »
    But if i had to spend an hour locked in a room with one of them I'd defo choose him over her. I dont think there would be room for me, her and her ego.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all very well and good people claiming to be neutrals, but a few of the so-called neutrals start threads purely to put PA and CAN Associates down and don't do the same for Jordan and her agent, so imo that does not make those people neutrals. I wouldn't call myself a fan of PA I just like him and enjoy his shows, but I think a lot of people get their knickers in a twist about him which I find quite amusing as they don't seem able to stop talking about him, even when he hasn't done or said anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsHenri wrote: »
    Its all very well and good people claiming to be neutrals, but a few of the so-called neutrals start threads purely to put PA and CAN Associates down and don't do the same for Jordan and her agent, so imo that does not make those people neutrals. I wouldn't call myself a fan of PA I just like him and enjoy his shows, but I think a lot of people get their knickers in a twist about him which I find quite amusing as they don't seem able to stop talking about him, even when he hasn't done or said anything.

I wouldn't call it 'neutral' either. Being neutral to me is not being bothered about either of them.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsHenri wrote: »

Sigh. You are totally missing the point of this thread! You are failing to understand that other people's posting does not need to comply with some rules you have in your head about neutrality!

This has always been the trouble with PA supporters, refusing to accept other people's 'neutrality' positions because they - and not just in my case, from the evidence on this thread - find PA far more mock-worthy than KP and therefore post far more on him than her.

How is that so hard to understand?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call it 'neutral' either. Being neutral to me is not being bothered about either of them.

No, neutral means not liking one more than the other, or not seeing a great difference between them - either disliking them equally, liking them equally or laughing at them equally.
This discussion has been closed.