Options

Miranda - Series Two

Comments

• Options
    unorthodoxunorthodox Posts: 1,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely amazing. loved the bit where she got stuck in the sushi place. how incredible was that scene? a true comedy genius. hopefully that scene alone will mean more series being commissioned.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miranda was great, the 'previous in my life' bit were Miranda got out of the taxi and her dress ripped off was hilarious and was the scene in the sushi bar. The bit in the shop was hilarious, I get that all the time in shops, I'm never sure why!
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrhh - forgot to record this so I'll have to catch it on iPlayer later. I clashed with Only Connect on BBC4 which is bad news for us who enjoy intelligent quizzes and unsophisticated comedy.
  • Options
    Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    I was just thinking oh no it's not the same without Tom Ellis - when he appeared. Phew. :D (Stevie is still a bit annoying though - I was hoping she'd be replaced for series 2.)

I wish they'd drop the Heather bit, it's tedious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Yeah ... this just isn't for me.
  • Options
    Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    I wish they'd drop the Heather bit, it's tedious.

I thought it was quite funny since it was out of the blue, but I hope they don't do it again. :p

Love Tilly, and Sally Phillips in general. She totally cracks up when Miranda farts after she curtseys!
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW, that was just amazing, Miranda is offically back.
  • Options
    fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was brilliant! It feels like I shouldn't like it, but it just makes me laugh. Not many comedies do that these days!
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    (Stevie is still a bit annoying though - I was hoping she'd be replaced for series 2.)

Sarah Hadland is great in other things she has done but her character in this is just too annoying. The Heather Small thing should have been a one scene gag.

Just love anything with Sally Phillips in.
  • Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,469
    Forum Member
    Was a bit slow to start with, but the second half of the episode was great. Especially loved her mum topping up his scotch, and pushing Stevie over.
  • Options
    LlamaKingLlamaKing Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant! Loved it, particularly Patricia Hodge as the Polish "cleaner". Need to find my doobree to record next week!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I loved it. Really glad Gary's back in it too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Ahhh! A bit late on the boards.

Had the fortune of watching a live recording, but will not give anything away... Safe to say we are in for a great six weeks.

Completely delighted the show is back on; have hellish schedule on Mondays and it is the perfect, silly-but-wonderful thing to sit down with dinner to. Roll on the series!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Absolutely stuperb as ever, my mum was rolling on the floor laughing for most of it, great old fashion silly humour. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Glad this is back!

Was in a bit of a mood today andhave to admit I ended up laughing loads watching this - thought considering my mood tonight nothing could make me laugh! Definitely done the job of cheering me up and giving me a few laughs! Looking fwd to next week!

Is this series 6 episodes long?
  • Options
    oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the show, love Miranda, love Patricia Hodges, love Gary and it's back and as good as ever.

The world is wonderful again!
  • Options
    unorthodoxunorthodox Posts: 1,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you guys think this show is in the top 3 greatest british comedies of all time? i genuinely think if they keep up with the high comedic value like they've been doing it might just be.

miranda really is absolutely amazing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoggi wrote: »
    Ahhh! A bit late on the boards.

Had the fortune of watching a live recording, but will not give anything away... Safe to say we are in for a great six weeks.

Completely delighted the show is back on; have hellish schedule on Mondays and it is the perfect, silly-but-wonderful thing to sit down with dinner to. Roll on the series!

Ooh - you're so lucky! I'd love to go to see it recorded live - but it was all sold out on the BBC site! :(

Really enjoyed tonight's show though. Had us really laughing out loud many times - particularly her mum hiding in her flat at the end - and Miranda pretending to do goat noises. :p
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Sarah Hadland is great in other things she has done but her character in this is just too annoying. The Heather Small thing should have been a one scene gag.

Just love anything with Sally Phillips in.

Me too, she's fantasticular! ;)

Good response on Twitter, loved Miranda getting down with the chavs as Sandy at the bed shop. :D
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was hilarious. Occasionally there'll be something that falls a bit flat but a couple of seconds later there'll be something genuinely funny.

In think I'll need to watch it again as I know there was about 5 scenes in it that had me laughing out loud.
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only part that falls flat for me is the Heather Small gag and even that drew a familiar giggle from me tonight but I'm sure, like last series I will eventually find it overdone.

It was a brilliant opener though! Up there with "Holiday" IMO.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only part that falls flat for me is the Heather Small gag and even that drew a familiar giggle from me tonight but I'm sure, like last series I will eventually find it overdone.

It was a brilliant opener though! Up there with "Holiday" IMO.

Brilliant episode, I was howling at that.

Another good part tonight was the life coach telling them to blow all their anxieties into the balloon. :D
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    LOVED IT!

Absolutely hilarious opener. So glad Miranda is back. This is one show guaranteed to make me smile.
  • Options
    smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutly amazing, i have to admit i was a little bit worried that i had overhyped it in my head but i litterally laugh for 30 minutes solid, my face actually ached! It was just consistantly funny and i would say the gags hit the nail on the head pretty much every time! even the bits i had seen in the trailer made me laugh again, am so looking forward to next week already!!