• Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Donna2010 wrote: »
    Last night

EastEnders - 5.97m
    Emmerdale - 7.29m
    Corrie - 8.77m

Hour long Emmerdale really dented EE last night. Bare in mind though the Emmerdale rating covers the whole one hour.

EastEnders only got 5.97m?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Last night

EastEnders - 5.97m
    Emmerdale - 7.29m
    Corrie - 8.77m

Hour long Emmerdale really dented EE last night. Bare in mind though the Emmerdale rating covers the whole one hour.

It is a pity. Depends on what the repeat gets. If it's under 500-600 thousand, then that ain't good imo.

Still better than the dreadful ratings it was getting in 06.

The ONLY worry EE has is whether Corrie and EM are able to capture viewers during this period. If the Corrie anny storylines go anything like the EE ones, then they won't.

I suspect that like EE, Corrie will just be a lot of hype and people will tune in for the event and then tune out automatically after.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How did BBC3 do?
  • Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think the BBC3 repeat of Eastenders shoudl be counted in the ratings. There are no repeats of Corrie or Emmerdale counted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dubgaz wrote: »
    I dont think the BBC3 repeat of Eastenders shoudl be counted in the ratings. There are no repeats of Corrie or Emmerdale counted.

They do get repeated tho - more so than EastEnders
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    dubgaz wrote: »

I don't necessarily disagree.... repeats are very ify. But on one off occasions the repeat figures can be very telling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    I think going from 9.9million to 5.9million is saying something, 4 million people obviously didn't enjoy this week's episodes! lol
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time for ITV to cut Emmerdale back to 5 a week, or put it back on Sunday.

Hour longs/doubles are stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think going from 9.9million to 5.9million is saying something, 4 million people obviously didn't enjoy this week's episodes! lol

A chunk of them would be watching Emmerdale.
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    James J wrote: »

Not from ITV's perspectives!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member

The ratings say otherwise;)
  • Options
    I did It First!I did It First! Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you for real? it was a clash with Emmerdale and given Emmerdale had a 30 minute head start what did you expect?

Seriously thats saying something...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How? Emmerdale was down itself...
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No they are not.

I watch both Eastenders and Emmerdale and at the mo Emmerdale is far better than Eastenders in my opinion
  • Options
    Donna2010Donna2010 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not from ITV's perspectives!

Why so? On Tuesday when head to head from both starting at the same time, EE outrated Emmerdale completely. Emmerdale can only win over EE with a 30 minute head start however the hour long episodes which do clash with EastEnders are notably down.

If a show gets lower ratings than normal the ad revenue is less than it would be if they were higher. So when Emmerdale's ratings are dented by the clashes ITV gets less money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why so? On Tuesday when head to head from both starting at the same time, EE outrated Emmerdale completely. Emmerdale can only win over EE with a 30 minute head start however the hour long episodes which do clash with EastEnders are notably down.

If a show gets lower ratings than normal the ad revenue is less than it would be if they were higher. So when Emmerdale's ratings are dented by the clashes ITV gets less money.

Exactly!
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ratings including HD:

19:00 - Emmerdale: 7.50m (33.3%)
    19:30 - EastEnders: 5.99m (25.3%)
    20:00 - Coronation Street: 9.10m (37.0%)
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Literally lost for words at Emmerdale fans who don't agree one less episode would be better for the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Literally lost for words at Emmerdale fans who don't agree one less episode would be better for the show.

I think its more to do with the fact the hour clashes get one up on EE.

At least this thread always reveals people's true agendas and feelings towards certain soaps.
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    I think its more to do with the fact the hour clashes get one up on EE.

At least this thread always reveals people's true agendas and feelings towards certain soaps.

lol at agendas.
    Why on earth would anyone who doesn't work on a soap have an agenda? Ratings mean little more to me than minor interest.
    And as a fan of EE as much as I am Emmerdale, once again, your juvenile accusations are way off
  • Options
    jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EastEnders usually beats Emmerdale regardless of the head start. I think the reason EastEnders suffered badly last night is due to the quality of the show, which IMO, isn't great at present
  • Options
    charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Ratings including HD:

19:00 - Emmerdale: 7.50m (33.3%)
    19:30 - EastEnders: 5.99m (25.3%)
    20:00 - Coronation Street: 9.10m (37.0%)

Now, THAT is a really strong rating for Coronation Street! The ratings have been up for a good while now! :D Add to that the fact it was on at a different time and it was a Thursday episode!

A low rating for EE last night, but it can't be helped. Foe those saying it suffered due to the poor quality of the show, I don't think this is entirely true....
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of EastEnders fans caught out by the hour-long Emmerdale last night. Hopefully more of them will cotton on for the next three Thursdays.
  • Options
    SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why have Emmerdale all of a sudden starting putting hour long episodes on a Thursday for? One last night and 1 next week and 1 the week after and there was meant to be 2 in the week of Corrie's 50th with 1 on the Tues and the Thurs but they only have it on the Thurs now.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandsss wrote: »
    Why have Emmerdale all of a sudden starting putting hour long episodes on a Thursday for? One last night and 1 next week and 1 the week after and there was meant to be 2 in the week of Corrie's 50th with 1 on the Tues and the Thurs but they only have it on the Thurs now.
    I think last night's hour ep was to accommodate I'm a celeb - which missed out on Wed cos of the football.
This discussion has been closed.