Options

AWESOME CALLER on Xtra Factor

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Look here, OP - this thread is pointless unless you tell us what you are talking about.

Most of us are watching I'm a Celebrity and not the crappy ITV2 show.

Edit:Thanks Evilredzebra, didn't see your post.

Loads of summaries above! :) or ITV2 +1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the fact that someone called in and wasn't gushing about one contestant or another and challenged the judges
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but do they expect 14 million people to personally meet every contestant to have a completely informed opinion (and entitlement) on them ?

Oh please.

Exactly, all the while however expecting us to use our hard earned money to vote for who we want to win - this clearly does not include Katie as shes been in the bottom two four times now. Those judges are so up themselves they don't even consider the public's opinion to be of any merit.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 48,016
    Forum Member
    To be fair to the caller, the tabloid pundits have been saying that Katie is hard to like and many of them probably haven't met her either.
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Why are people replying to a thread about xtra factor when watching IAC?
  • Options
    RoxysirenRoxysiren Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    She said that as katie had been in the bottom 2 for 4 weeks now when were the judges going to realise she is not popular with the public. She was unlikable, false and does not come over well to the voters.

Loius defended her by saying she is a lovely person etc. but the caller stuck to her point and said that it didn't matter how lovely she was in person as the people at home won't meet her in person but they will be expected to buy her music and that won't happen if she is unlikable.

Top caller and kep going despite being shouted down by the audience.

She also said something asbout changing the rules every week!

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    oasiscalm wrote: »
    Im sure that caller told the operators she was going to praise Katie, because she was brilliant

I thought it was funny that Cheryl was dumbstruck and didn't know what to say

I know! Cut to a bemused Konnie!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was brilliantly I had to double check it wasn't me speaking LOL
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pacific wrote: »
    Typical Katie-hater.

"Her personality doesn't come across well on the show, so for us public who haven't met her personally we have to resort to hating her by default"
    - Or words to that effect.

How about forming an opinion based on talent?

Jeeesh!
    Tyjet wrote: »
    ..no. She said that since it's impossible for everyone to meet her personally and see how nice she really is, she has to come across well on camera otherwise she'll come across as fake.

So the default is to hate contestants and think they're fake? :eek: :(

I though people would at least have reasons for disliking a contestant; but instead, it seems they dislike by default and the contestant has to prove them wrong. :eek: :(

That does explain an awful lot, though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The caller basically said that 'surely the judges must know that Katie was going to be in the bottom again as she was fake.' Que boos. Then Louis screaming at the poor girl that she was rude and that 'she'd never met her', to which the caller pointed out that when you buy their music you don't meet them. Then the audience shouted 'OFF' and she left.
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said? What was said?

Oh wow. That's some optical illusion shit right there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Great caller I didnt think she was rude at all and obviously hit a few nerves judging by Konnie's face. I completely agreed with everything she said. Well done whoever you are
  • Options
    kitbitkitbit Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    She basically asked when the judges were gonna wake up to the fact that no matter what they do Katie is so unlikeable she can never win. Said that she comes across as theatrical and arrogant. Louis went on a rant about how that was so unfair and she doesn't know Katie at all. Caller pointed out that unless Katie plans to sell albums by meeting all purchasers individually, all that was relevant was that Katie's screen persona is unlikeable and she won't sell records. Pointed out that she's been in the bottom two four times now and Louis said 'that's cos of people like you that won't give her a chance!' - Caller replied what about giving Matt and Rebecca a chance.

No real defense from the judges of why they've chosen to save her so damn often and are totally ignoring the very OBVIOUS wishes of the public. Simon asked if the caller would be voting for Katie tonight and caller said no, unless the rules were changed to voting for the act you want out in which case she'd be voting often! Audience started chanting at this point "OFF! OFF! OFF!" Louis joined in with this but I actually like to think the audience were backing up the caller and calling for Katie to be "OFF!".

In a not-very-small nutshell...

Caller was awesome, said all the things we've all wanted to and been ranting about and judges totally failed to give any rational explanation.

Edit: ...and it took me so long to type that, loads of folk have been there before me. Sigh. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flakecake wrote: »
    Telling the judges its time they realised the public don't like Katie and want her out and thats why she's always in the bottom 2.

and added, that she is a consumer and buys the record, that there is no chance she would meet anyone she buys records for so they must come across as likeable or she will not buy the record, she then added if katie was so likeable some of the producers or editers should be sacked for makeing her come across so bad...oh she owned them
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxysiren wrote: »
    She said that as katie had been in the bottom 2 for 4 weeks now when were the judges going to realise she is not popular with the public. She was unlikable, false and does not come over well to the voters.

Loius defended her by saying she is a lovely person etc. but the caller stuck to her point and said that it didn't matter how lovely she was in person as the people at home won't meet her in person but they will be expected to buy her music and that won't happen if she is unlikable.

Top caller and kep going despite being shouted down by the audience.

She also said something asbout changing the rules every week!

:)
    The caller's case makes no sense.

How can the caller know Katie is false if she doesn't know what Katie is like in real life?

Nonsensical that the caller thinks she can speak for all viewers too. "Unlikeable"? How's she know? She shouldn't assume that because she finds Katie unlikeable no one else can find her likeable either.
  • Options
    XadXad Posts: 1,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caller was crap and out of order. I'm willing to bet she's on this forum :D

Katie's not done anything to be unlikeable, she's not attacked anyone, not said any snide things, she's just got on with it. The most negative thing you could throw at her is that she got hyper and tried a little too hard to sell herself before, but then everyone's there desperately trying to win and when you end up in the bottom, you're obviously going to do and say whatever you think will keep you in. When the caller was asked what she should do to be more likeable her answer was "err, i dunno". Says it all really. Maybe stop reading so much tabloid garbage? :rolleyes:

Fact is, this is a singing competition and Katie put on one of the best performances of the night AND she came across really well with zero theatrics.
  • Options
    LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roamed wrote: »
    Didn't even watch but I love this person :D

Neither did I, but I love her too, gonna have to watch it on the plus channel.

I was thinking of doing the same thing last week, great that someone else has the courage to do this, well done to her :D
  • Options
    Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Katie being in the bottom so many times speaks for itself.
  • Options
    riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    To be fair to the caller, the tabloid pundits have been saying that Katie is hard to like and many of them probably haven't met her either.

going by the way she acted in her first audition and the rest of the auditions is what i based my opinion of her on... not by what the papers wrote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Those moaning about ppl not posting what the caller said..just re watch it on ITV2 +1!!
  • Options
    Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xad wrote: »
    Caller was crap and out of order. I'm willing to bet she's on this forum :D

Katie's not done anything to be unlikeable, she's not attacked anyone, not said any snide things, she's just got on with it. The most negative thing you could throw at her is that she got hyper and tried a little too hard to sell herself before, but then everyone's there desperately trying to win and when you end up in the bottom, you're obviously going to do and say whatever you think will keep you in. When the caller was asked what she should do to be more likeable her answer was "err, i dunno". Says it all really. Maybe stop reading so much tabloid garbage? :rolleyes:

Fact is, this is a singing competition and Katie put on one of the best performances of the night AND she came across really well with zero theatrics.

R u related to Katie?
  • Options
    willywonkerwillywonker Posts: 16,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *paul* wrote: »
    No, she was just rude.

Telling the truth isn't rude.:p
  • Options
    riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    The caller's case makes no sense.

How can the caller know Katie is false if she doesn't know what Katie is like in real life?

Nonsensical that the caller thinks she can speak for all viewers too. "Unlikeable"? How's she know? She shouldn't assume that because she finds Katie unlikeable no one else can find her likeable either.

the caller was saying she comes across as fake, but up to now, shes been very different each week, so we dont know who the real katie is (kinda what danni said earlier)

and the fact that katies been in the bottom 4 times, is possible evidence that shes unlikeable...

just my ideas:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitbit wrote: »
    She basically asked when the judges were gonna wake up to the fact that no matter what they do Katie is so unlikeable she can never win. Said that she comes across as theatrical and arrogant. Louis went on a rant about how that was so unfair and she doesn't know Katie at all. Caller pointed out that unless Katie plans to sell albums by meeting all purchasers individually, all that was relevant was that Katie's screen persona is unlikeable and she won't sell records. Pointed out that she's been in the bottom two four times now and Louis said 'that's cos of people like you that won't give her a chance!' - Caller replied what about giving Matt and Rebecca a chance.

No real defense from the judges of why they've chosen to save her so damn often and are totally ignoring the very OBVIOUS wishes of the public. Simon asked if the caller would be voting for Katie tonight and caller said no, unless the rules were changed to voting for the act you want out in which case she'd be voting often! Audience started chanting at this point "OFF! OFF! OFF!" Louis joined in with this but I actually like to think the audience were backing up the caller and calling for Katie to be "OFF!".

In a not-very-small nutshell...

Caller was awesome, said all the things we've all wanted to and been ranting about and judges totally failed to give any rational explanation.

Edit: ...and it took me so long to type that, loads of folk have been there before me. Sigh. :o

Your post is much appreciated, I promise! This thread was pretty useless to the majority beforehand as it lacked any detail about what was actually said.
  • Options
    Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not seen the Xtra Factor yet..but...stop with the "she said what we all wanted to say" comments and instead say "she said what I wanted to say".

Not everyone dislikes Katie, stop being so presumptuous.