Forum Member
    or peel them?
  • Options
    SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    or peel them?

Yes, what an earth is wrong with peeling them if they're that dirty? Better than throwing them away surely. It's not exactly unusual to peel vegetables after all.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was good again tonight. The two vampires sketch was great, and the one with the PE teacher meeting his ex-pupils as surgeons!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was good again tonight. The two vampires sketch was great, and the one with the PE teacher meeting his ex-pupils as surgeons!

They're the ones I enjoyed too. :D:cool:

Harry and Paul could learn a thing or two if they watch this - their show is rather hit and miss IMO.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as good as last week's, but enough laughs and some nice ideas - particularly liked the man in the space-station desperately wanting to crack one off. :D

"Crazy paving" didn't cut it and was far too long. It was on early in the show too - hope it didn't cause too many people to flick back over to ITV...
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Crazy paving" didn't cut it and was far too long. It was on early in the show too - hope it didn't cause too many people to flick back over to ITV...

Was that on at the start? I missed the first six or seven minutes because I thought it was due to start at quarter to ten, like last week, not 9.30!
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To tell the truth, I'm really liking almost all their sketches.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think it was up to the standard of the previous week [the Farmers Market] and I couldn't make out all of the words of the Flanders and Swann song at the end.Is he really playing the piano or just miming?
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I didn't think it was up to the standard of the previous week [the Farmers Market] and I couldn't make out all of the words of the Flanders and Swann song at the end.Is he really playing the piano or just miming?
    Probably, they both seem rather talented musically.

I've read that Alexander plays the Piano, Cello and Oboe whilst Ben plays the Guitar and Drums. One of their first acts was in fact as a spoof rock band.

So whilst I don't have a direct quote of Ben playing piano I'm guessing he probably could. :cool:

I'm certainly preferring this series to the last; this years running sketches of the old-school vampires, the talking head couples and "I've forgotten to put the bins out" are far more enjoyable to last series honeymooners and jilted groom.

Although I think that overly honest dad is still my favourite :D

(PS - I loved the crazy-paving sketch)
  • Options
    tennismantennisman Posts: 4,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laghed out loud yesterday while watching the 3,457th re-run of the James Bond You Only Live Twice, where after Bond leaves the meeting with the Japanes Cheif Executive, the guy looks at his secretary and says.....

'Kill him'

Was this scene the inspiation for A & M's sketches?
  • Options
    JayDee279JayDee279 Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As someone should have told Peter Ustinov, and all those 'observational' comedians ....... there's a difference between
    a) piling absurdity upon absurdity
    b) just going on and on ...... and on and on .....

One's funny - and then you should stop talking.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »

I've read that Alexander plays the Piano, Cello and Oboe whilst Ben plays the Guitar and Drums. One of their first acts was in fact as a spoof rock band.

)

In one of their very earliest shows, they did a wonderful sppof of a new romantic 80's group called (if memory serves) 'Batou Batou' or something.

They did one of the best 80's style videos I've ever seen. It was bang on the money.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Crazy paving" didn't cut it and was far too long.

I liked this sketch, but agree it could have done with a little pruning.
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »

Stryker? Wasn't it?
    "You know, I am thinking, you and I, we should both...FREAK OUT"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I can't remember the last thing that made me laugh as much as the "CRAZY PAVING!" sketch. I can see how other people might have found it irritating, but for some reason it really hit my funnybone.

Another brilliant episode. Too many great sketches to mention, but I love the vampires.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »
    Stryker? Wasn't it?
    "You know, I am thinking, you and I, we should both...FREAK OUT"
    Strijka, Scandi-rock :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely crack up when the vampires do their little slow motion glide :D
  • Options
    tania4stevetania4steve Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as good as last week's, but enough laughs and some nice ideas - particularly liked the man in the space-station desperately wanting to crack one off. :D

I think "Crazy paving" had to build to an uncomfortable, cringeworthy pitch in order to set up the punchline, where he said "Do you have spotted dick in Germany?" & the wife said "I'm going to bed!!". Sort of, OMG if you think the discussion about crazy paving was bad..
  • Options
    juswotmawatchinjuswotmawatchin Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member

It was spot on ...have you ever heard people in the uk trying to talk to other languages ?
    Absolutely no empathy or self awareness.

Loved it. Now when someone doesn't get something I shall shout " Crazy Paving ......!!! " :D
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any one watching?

Quite liked the text a vicar ad.
  • Options
    mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the vampire looking through the tattoo designs :D
  • Options
    televizortelevizor Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Armstrong & Miller are funnier than Harry & Paul. I love the two Geordie chefs and the vampires. The couple in the clothes shop brough back memories of Les Dawson & Roy Barraclough.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Any one watching?

Quite liked the text a vicar ad.

Father Ted had a short section similar to this with a priest phone line. They're both funny though.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the caveman "origins of..." sketches are some of their best. The vampires are great too, though.
  • Options
    systemcvsystemcv Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Thought the sketch with the guy and his parents went on too long and I didn't understand the "Bed Salesman and Carpet Salesman" one, but the rest were good. Missed the airmen, though.