Options

Doctor Who Election 2: 15/11/2010 - 23/11/2010

Comments

• Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,697
    Forum Member
    Davey, the Poll now says you have 9 votes :confused:

The thing is, I could have sworn you had 9 votes at the start of the weekend, which is weird :(

However, as it does not affect the outcome, I would like to officially declare that you have 9 votes, breaking even with the last result. Well done you! :D

Also, I wonder how Ting will feel when he sees how his leadership has affected the Hartnell Party? :)
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The thing is, I could have sworn you had 9 votes at the start of the weekend, which is weird :(

However, as it does not affect the outcome, I would like to officially declare that you have 9 votes, breaking even with the last result. Well done you! :D

Also, I wonder how Ting will feel when he sees how his leadership has affected the Hartnell Party? :)

That was a last minute vote! Been stuck on 8 since Friday! Thankyou whoever it was and CBP, no deal!
  • Options
    MansunMansun Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a last minute vote! Been stuck on 8 since Friday! Thankyou whoever it was and CBP, no deal!
    Huh! Well in that case I walk away from the election having won the moral victory, as well as winning the girl!

<walks away, hugging Peri close, softly whispering "I've always loved you"... to the pie I'm holding behind Peri's back> :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Returning Officer has returned, this strange election is over, and many voters will no doubt be queuing up to cash in on all the electoral promises; tea will figure hugely.

Returning from negotiations with the Chinese, the Celadonians, and the Batnosed People of Alpha Centauri, the Pertwee Party cabinet is delighted to announce its next manifesto as an active opposition party.

The Pertwee Party, having noticed the Engish mistrust of everything non-English, such as Europe, the Euro, metric bus tickets, Irish guards, Welsh rugby, Celtic and Hibernian footie, beer at the wrong temperature etc, will be lobbying the Tennant Party hard to back its proposal for a permanent solution.

Motion:
    that on or around the March equinox, the whole of England (give or take some islands) should be surgically cut away from its moorings and towed ecologicaly and ergnomically to another planet on the other side of the Milky Way, which should create just enough distance from Brussels to keep the English comfortable and warm.

The crater thus created should make a nice little marina, or a holding basin for the extra sea water from the melting of ice on Greenland and the North Pole sheet.Or you could make it into a supersize duck pond.

Tennant Party - enjoy your period in office - question time's gonna be interesting!
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, I feel that despite the fact that we lost, we have in fact won a moral victory and, er, the voting is less important than the, er...and anyway, winning is more important than taking part! So there!

Umm, I mean...the other way around, of course. Taking part is more important than winning. Not that we didn't win anyway, despite not actually getting more votes. Obviously. Well, we should have!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I feel that despite the fact that we lost, we have in fact won a moral victory and, er, the voting is less important than the, er...and anyway, winning is more important than taking part! So there!

Umm, I mean...the other way around, of course. Taking part is more important than winning. Not that we didn't win anyway, despite not actually getting more votes. Obviously. Well, we should have!

Moral victory is excellent - will win you more interviews on TV.
  • Options
    Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *swaggers from Tardis, hands in pockets, big grin on face*

*is greated by raptuous applause*

Thank you, thank you.

*more applause*

Yes, yes, thank you.

Shhhhh. Sshhh.

Thank you for voting me in. From here on we work together to build a better Britain, a better society, a better life for everyone.

I will not disappoint you. Just you wait and see. It's gonna be brilliant!!!!

*Grins excitedly at continued raptuous applause* :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tigger-Roo wrote: »

Thank you, thank you.

*more applause*

Yes, yes, thank you.

Shhhhh. Sshhh.

Thank you for voting me in. From here on we work together to build a better Britain, a better society, a better life for everyone.

I hope your ready for a grilling from the other forum members in PMQ's:D
  • Options
    outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member

Thank you, thank you.

*more applause*

Yes, yes, thank you.

Shhhhh. Sshhh.

I didn't vote for you as I'm not easily swayed by rhetoric but well done! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mansun wrote: »
    Huh! Well in that case I walk away from the election having won the moral victory, as well as winning the girl!

<walks away, hugging Peri close, softly whispering "I've always loved you"... to the pie I'm holding behind Peri's back> :p

Ah, I'm afraid Peri has just arrived at HQ, and we hardly recognised her! :eek: What have you done to her figure, she's been eating too many pies!!!!! :eek:

We'll get her on a celery based diet immediately to get her back into shape!!!!! :D

Tony, feel proud that you were the only party to get extra votes....okay, you got four instead of two, it means you can aim for six next time!!!!! !:D
    The Returning Officer has returned, this strange election is over, and many voters will no doubt be queuing up to cash in on all the electoral promises; tea will figure hugely.

Returning from negotiations with the Chinese, the Celadonians, and the Batnosed People of Alpha Centauri, the Pertwee Party cabinet is delighted to announce its next manifesto as an active opposition party.

The Pertwee Party, having noticed the Engish mistrust of everything non-English, such as Europe, the Euro, metric bus tickets, Irish guards, Welsh rugby, Celtic and Hibernian footie, beer at the wrong temperature etc, will be lobbying the Tennant Party hard to back its proposal for a permanent solution.

Motion:
    that on or around the March equinox, the whole of England (give or take some islands) should be surgically cut away from its moorings and towed ecologicaly and ergnomically to another planet on the other side of the Milky Way, which should create just enough distance from Brussels to keep the English comfortable and warm.

The crater thus created should make a nice little marina, or a holding basin for the extra sea water from the melting of ice on Greenland and the North Pole sheet.Or you could make it into a supersize duck pond.

Tennant Party - enjoy your period in office - question time's gonna be interesting!

I think we should work together to bring down the Tennant Party as quickly as possible!!!!! :D:D

Thank you, thank you.

*more applause*

Yes, yes, thank you.

Shhhhh. Sshhh.

Sorry, did someone say something?

:yawn::yawn::D
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eh, not a bad showing all things considered -The Eccleston Coalition thanks the voters...you were fantastic :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope your ready for a grilling from the other forum members in PMQ's:D

More than ready, bring it on. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    I didn't vote for you as I'm not easily swayed by rhetoric but well done! :)

I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think we should work together to bring down the Tennant Party as quickly as possible!!!!! :D:D

Sorry, did someone say something?

:yawn::yawn::D

God!!!!!! I hope you are not going to be so irritating throughout my time in office. :yawn::yawn:;):p:D
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *TARDIS wheezes into view*

*Smith Party pops out and rubs hands together*

Right! Let's get this campaign started!...

*peers up at poll*

*slumps a bit*

Oh.

:o

Ah well, yes, well done Tennant Party! Can we buy you a drink in the Inn then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *TARDIS wheezes into view*

*Smith Party pops out and rubs hands together*

Right! Let's get this campaign started!...

*peers up at poll*

*slumps a bit*

Oh.

:o

Ah well, yes, well done Tennant Party! Can we buy you a drink in the Inn then?

Hello mate. Yes will be right over, thank you. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God!!!!!! I hope you are not going to be so irritating throughout my time in office. :yawn::yawn:;):p:D

Isn't that what an effective opposition should be like?!!!!!!:p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Weeell. Yes.

I hope you are sorting that hair out before we take out seats in the House. I have some marvellous tonic here that Ood Sigma gave me. I have a feeling it will do marvels for that receding hairline. :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weeell. Yes.

I hope you are sorting that hair out before we take out seats in the House. I have some marvellous tonic here that Ood Sigma gave me. I have a feeling it will do marvels for that receding hairline. :):)

If we keep away from you we'll be okay, but we feel you should address more pressing matters rather than our Leader's Hair. :cool::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

no an effective opposition shows the current party in charge how to do things in a better way,but not in a way that makes you look like a child ;)

We as The Tom Baker party congratulate The Tennant Party on their victory and will back them up when decisions are correct,but we will go against you when your on the wrong track:)

Call us your Voice of Reason in a long scarf:)
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no an effective opposition shows the current party in charge how to do things in a better way,but not in a way that makes you look like a child ;)

We as The Tom Baker party congratulate The Tennant Party on their victory and will back them up when decisions are correct,but we will go against you when your on the wrong track:):)

The Eccleston Coalition finds this concept somewhat disturbing :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

The Eccleston Coalition finds this concept somewhat disturbing :D

well some of us have to be when your off having Chips with young Miss Tyler;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We as The Tom Baker party congratulate The Tennant Party on their victory and will back them up when decisions are correct,but we will go against you when your on the wrong track:)

Was it not your Party who once said that you can't be grown-up with being childish sometimes?!!!!!! :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it not your Party who once said that you can't be grown-up with being childish sometimes?!!!!!! :p:D

As I am no longer caretaker leader for the Tom Baker party I can no longer answer that question on behalf of the party .,as a voter I can say yes there is nothing wrong with a bit of.childlike playfulness if the time and place is befitting it
  • Options
    WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I am no longer caretaker leader for the Tom Baker party I can no longer answer that question on behalf of the party .,as a voter I can say yes there is nothing wrong with a bit of.childlike playfulness if the time and place is befitting it

And as the remaining leader can I just add

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v832/108/95/7924402/n7924402_48666782_56.jpg