Options

Why don't some people care?

wooooooooooooopwooooooooooooop Posts: 647
Forum Member
✭✭
About pervs and paedos etc trying to get at kids or like blaming the actual girl for looking too old??

Comments

• Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who doesn't care ? :confused:
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Show me someone who doesn't care about that ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just people i have spoke to, basically trying to imply that it would be my fault as much as theirs if anything happened :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant say who it is i will get into trouble.
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd avoid their company.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just makes me sick that people think that I am like that when they dont even know me! :(
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just makes me sick that people think that I am like that when they dont even know me! :(

How do you know what people think about you if you don't know them?

Am I missing something here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no you arent but i cant say any names as it isnt allowed to accuse people without proof.

I have spoke to people and they have basically said that all people my age dress deliberately to get attention and then cry when an old man looks on the bus or stares at your legs.

In the summer we wear skirts so I am asking for my legs to be stared at by pervs??

Sorry i am just angry
  • Options
    DavidCHDavidCH Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do yourself a favour and go chat with children. Nobody is saying anything you accuse them of, it's just that your mind cannot rationally absorb things. Your posts herein tell all readers quite a lot about your thought processes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no you arent but i cant say any names as it isnt allowed to accuse people without proof.

I have spoke to people and they have basically said that all people my age dress deliberately to get attention and then cry when an old man looks on the bus or stares at your legs.

In the summer we wear skirts so I am asking for my legs to be stared at by pervs??

Sorry i am just angry

Well, first piece of advice is, anyone who makes a statement including the words "all people" should be roundly ignored. Unless it's a statement like, "all living people respire", or similar ;)

Second piece of advice is, people stare at people for all sorts of reasons. This is the way of the world, and it will never change. Be comfortable in your own skin, be confident, and sod 'em.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't miss being a teenager at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member

Sorry i am just angry

Oh I see. You are a young girl and if you dress in a way that others might think is inappropriate they accuse you of 'asking for it'. It being unwanted attention from older men I presume.

Not everyone who stares at your legs is a perv. Some men might be genuinely admiring. You possibly need to learn the difference between someone leering at you or someone admiring you. The expression on the face is actually quite different.

You shouldn't be accused of asking for it...because nobody actually asks for unwanted unpleasant attention. However no matter how much confidence you might have in how you look, even if what you wear leaves little to the imagination, what you don't have is control over what other people think, and people are predisposed to always think the worst. It isn't fair, but it's what they do and it's something you're probably just going to have to get used to I think.
  • Options
    dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    How do you know what people think about you if you don't know them?

Am I missing something here?

OP is a 14yo, who only posts about pervs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dylan99 wrote: »

Really??

Oh.

*lightbulb*

Not, pervs at bus stops, by any chance?
  • Options
    Flyboy152Flyboy152 Posts: 14,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a case just a few days ago. It must be noted that, although in no way do I blame the victim, there was more she could have done to protect herself. This was the case of a thirteen year old girl who accepted a lift and was raped. As a parent, I would be asking myself, why did I not tell her just one more time about accepting lifts from strangers and ignore the ubiquitous, "ooohhh Daaaaad!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dylan99 wrote: »

That is grossly unfair. The OP has been deeply concerned about a friend, who has been the target of a twenty-seven year old man, who has been grooming her. Hardly an obsession, more like a worried and caring friend.
  • Options
    dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    Really??

Oh.

*lightbulb*

Not, pervs at bus stops, by any chance?

Yup! The lack of variation in their posts are becoming most annoying, a WUM perhaps? :confused:

Flyboy152 wrote: »
    That is grossly unfair. The OP has been deeply concerned about a friend, who has been the target of a twenty-seven year old man, who has been grooming her. Hardly an obsession, more like a worried and caring friend.

Really??? Glad I haven't stumbled across that thread yet. :rolleyes::yawn::sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    Why would a peado be interested in someone who looked "too old"? A baby who looks like a toddler? It's still bad to bone real toodlers, don't you know. Like really bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can you link, please? I've had a quick look and can't find reference to this.

edit, s'ok, I've found it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, before your time there was a poster who was always drawing attention to school uniform in an uncomfortable way. I wonder if he is connected to the people who surround you. I hope not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    I sense the OP is:
    o A group of kids clustered round a terminal taking the piss. :p
    o A sadly disturbed child with real-world problems. :(
    o A unspecified individual "pretending"... :sleep:
    o A Special Branch decoy! :D
    Whatever, I think it would be a service to the forum if the
    moderators took responsible (even independent?) action... :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or perhaps a young girl who has real concerns and is looking for a bit support.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

She may well be genuine.

In another thread, the writing style changed noticeably, so I shall reserve judgement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    My instinct too, perhaps... but this is not "Childline"? <hint>
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member

Why isn't the OP at school? Is it half term somewhere?