Options

Girl arrested for burning a copy of the Qu'ran.

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colnechris wrote: »
    Why thankyou :p

It's fine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I often see footage of Muslims burning flags of the U.K. and America. Are these people ever arrested?

Do they live in the UK?
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    You see this is why you don't get as many Christmas cards as you should do.

But Muslims HATE Christmas don't they? They all want to ban it for ever and ever. Yet you talk about Christmas cards as if it's perfectly normal....does not compute......does not compute....bzzzzzzzzz

:D
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    But Muslims HATE Christmas don't they? They all want to ban it for ever and ever. Yet you talk about Christmas cards as if it's perfectly normal....does not compute......does not compute....bzzzzzzzzz

(I am aware of the parody of your post)
    Who says they hate Christmas?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I often see footage of Muslims burning flags of the U.K. and America. Are these people ever arrested?

Burning flags is not illegal, at least not in this country (though NI I think has passed the odd law at times)
  • Options
    colnechriscolnechris Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    (I am aware of the parody of your post)
    Who says they hate Christmas?

I have seen Paul mention it a few times so perhaps its how he feels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Burning flags is not illegal, at least not in this country (though NI I think has passed the odd law at times)

and quite rightly, just like burning the koran should not be illegal.
  • Options
    colnechriscolnechris Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Appears to be no consistency in the law then don't you think?

Imo, burn what you like as long as it is done safely

JUST DONT BURN THE BLOODY DINNER!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have seen Paul mention it a few times so perhaps its how he feels.

I thought he may have been simply making things up in order to ridicule his opponents position.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

the law applies to all religions and races. Where is the inconsistency?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I suppose if a group was to start blowing people up on tubes because they took offense at the flag burning it may be made illegal.

But it would not be giving up freedom because of terrorist threats it would be about respecting the views of the terrorists and the upset burning flags causes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way the police act only creates more trouble.

I say this every time.

It really is "one rule for them..." in this country, and it is THAT which causes racial/religious hatred far more so than anything else.
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if I were to accost my local vicar in the street and in front of witnesses tell him his God is a figment of his moronic imagination and his flock are nothing but a gaggle of pathetic f***wits - would he be right to expect that the Police should pay me a visit and drag me off to clink?

I'd suggest his expectations might be to no avail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the law applies to all religions and races. Where is the inconsistency?
    Why is religion given special status. I have no religion yet burning the flag offends my values.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A serious question.

Why do people get so upset about burning stuff?

I am a Catholic, I remember a Madonna video where three crosses were on fire, it never upset me or offended me.

Burn the bible in fornt of me, it will not bother me, I would just clap my hands and say well done you can light a match.

I would only be upset and hurt if a photo of a dead realtive was burnt in fornt of me, as that is something I will never get back.

Yeah these things might symbolise what you believe in, they can burn your symbols but they can not burn your beliefs, so you have the upper hand anyway. Just laugh at them.

i really can not understand why people become so angered by burning a flag or a book.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he may have been simply making things up in order to ridicule his opponents position.

A somewhat extreme, and (if honest) slightly exaggerated parody of some posters views; yet you don't have to go far back on the search to see similar sentiments expressed seriously on DS:
    Bin Ladin has inspired them. Now they want to rule the country.

Getting hot cross buns banned.
    Trying to ban Christmas.

They want us dead and out of the road.
    (yes this one appeared to be serious)

and another:

Some want to change our legal system to Sharia. Others want to ban Christmas, or change the name of it. Or to limit our use of free speech because they take offence so easily.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    I say this every time.

It really is "one rule for them..." in this country, and it is THAT which causes racial/religious hatred far more so than anything else.

then maybe you can easily back it up?
  • Options
    tour de forcetour de force Posts: 4,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is religion given special status. I have no religion yet burning the flag offends my values.

And answer came there none. ;)

We are all entitled to be equal under the law, yet it seems that some are more equal than others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A somewhat extreme, and (if honest) slightly exaggerated parody of some posters views; yet you don't have to go far back on the search to see similar sentiments expressed seriously on DS:
    As long as you dont complain when people "exaggerate" your position.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    I say this every time.

Oh no, not "one rule for them" again. How many "thems" are there in this Country?
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A serious question.

I am a Catholic, I remember a Madonna video where three crosses were on fire, it never upset me or offended me.

Burn the bible in fornt of me, it will not bother me, I would just clap my hands and say well done you can light a match.

I would only be upset and hurt if a photo of a dead realtive was burnt in fornt of me, as that is something I will never get back.

Yeah these things might symbolise what you believe in, they can burn your symbols but they can not burn your beliefs, so you have the upper hand anyway. Just laugh at them.

i really can not understand why people become so angered by burning a flag or a book.

Because they have been brainwashed by a dangerous cult - often from the minute they can begin to learn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as you dont complain when people "exaggerate" your position.

oh I get it all the time, (though I hasten to add I've not mentioned names in my little distraction), just a few pages back us 'liberals' were 'defending' the rapists.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »
    Because they have been brainwashed by a dangerous cult - often from the minute they can begin to learn.

I am in a cult. I am not brainwashed and what is the excuse for finding the burning of a poppy or a flag offensive?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A serious question.

Its all "politics". Years ago South Park represented Mohamed and no one complained, no one. Now because its suits the cause, we now get community leaders falling over themselves to to express their outrage and the deep hurt felt by all Muslims. Sure enough the politicians will be next to express there "deep regret" and condemning the "irresponsibility".

Some people know all they need do is claim "offense" and "persecution" and they get their way. I blame the government for starting all this nonsense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    Viridiana wrote: »
    No one would be arrested if it was a bible. Bible burning, defacing christian symbols, is done so many times is almost an art form. I do not see why the muslim book is always an exception.

Christians can be trusted not to react with violence.

This is why Salman Rushdie lives under police protection, and Dan Brown does not.
This discussion has been closed.