Options

Chris Fountain joins 'Coronation Street'

ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
Forum Member
✭✭
Just posted on Twitter. Will be playing Tommy Duckworth from March.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    Chris Fountain, has joined Coronation Street! He will play Jack and Vera's grandson Tommy, who was last seen in 2000, and will be on-screen in late March.

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/tommyduckworthreturns/
    I'm gutted EE and Bryan didn't grab him for Albert Square - he could have been Michael Moon's son or someone. :mad:
  • Options
    lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    aww, brill. i always liked chris in hollyoaks. Wonder if he will be around for long....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I loved him in Hollyoaks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Fountain, has joined Coronation Street! He will play Jack and Vera's grandson Tommy, who was last seen in 2000, and will be on-screen in late March.

I'm gutted EE and Bryan didn't grab him for Albert Square - he could have been Michael Moon's son or someone. :mad:

Yes!!!! I love Chris ~ what a great signing for Corrie.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 57,001
    Forum Member

I'm gutted EE and Bryan didn't grab him for Albert Square - he could have been Michael Moon's son or someone. :ma
    d:

im glad he's not gonna be in EE! they dont need hollyoaks actors:p
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good signing for Corrie. Nice to see the Duckworth name will be carried on as well. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems he is going to be a full time cast member. Love the fact that the Duckworth name will now remain in the show. Great casting too.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should be interesting...and he is very nice to look at too
  • Options
    ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, I *adore* Chris Fountain. Loved him in Hollyoaks.

Not sure I'm willing to watch Corrie though. I'll see. Don't really like Corrie. Still, he's a fab actor, so I hope he does well.
  • Options
    MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Phil Collinson.

Chris Fountain could and should have had the pick of all the soaps.

Any EP that dawdled on signing him up has missed out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im glad he's not gonna be in EE! they dont need hollyoaks actors:p

I do not like how you have a pre-conceived idea that everyone in Hollyoaks cannot act, when a lot of them can, and some of them are better actors than some at Enders.

Good luck Chris and yes he's nice to look at. :)
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting choice of character to bring back, I can't see how he'd plausibly return though to be honest, not without Terry. Unless he's following in his father's footsteps and wants a piece of Jack's will. Can't see why he wouldn't have been included though.

Also, while I can believe Chris playing an 18 year-old, he's a bit miscast. He looks nothing like any of his supposed family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He could've been the new Peter Beale.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Aww, I *adore* Chris Fountain. Loved him in Hollyoaks.

Not sure I'm willing to watch Corrie though. I'll see. Don't really like Corrie. Still, he's a fab actor, so I hope he does well.

I'm the same as you, but I'm sure he'll be excellent in Corrie. He got me hooked back into Hollyoaks in 2005 and I've watched since. I saw him in Departure Lounge in London recently and he was brilliant in that too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MuteBanana wrote: »

Or Greg's son from a previous relationship, a friend of Ryan and a love interest for someone too.
  • Options
    Blue-DoveBlue-Dove Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    MuteBanana wrote: »

Peter 17. Chris is too old. Although I thought Tommy was only about 17 as well so this is strange imho.

Saying that though Corrie cast a 40 year old to play a 28 year old Nick Tilsey so I don't think age matters to the corrie producers.
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrific actor even if he played a nauseating character on HO.

I always thought the other soaps should have been snapping his hands off the minute he left HO. I'm very surprised Kirkwood didn't try as well. He seemed to be one of his favourites.

But a great signing for Corrie. I hope they have big things planned!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue-Dove wrote: »
    Peter 17. Chris is too old. Although I thought Tommy was only about 17 as well so this is strange imho.

Saying that though Corrie cast a 40 year old to play a 28 year old Nick Tilsey so I don't think age matters to the corrie producers.

Yeah Tommy is only young.. So it's not impossible for Chris Fountain to have played Peter Beale.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I'm not a big fan of chris fountain but think this is a good signing all the same, love the sound of the character and think chris will do a great job, things really do seem to be looking up for corrie atm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrific actor even if he played a nauseating character on HO.

I always thought the other soaps should have been snapping his hands off the minute he left HO. I'm very surprised Kirkwood didn't try as well. He seemed to be one of his favourites.

But a great signing for Corrie. I hope they have big things planned!

Agree. Shocked he never joined Eastenders as soon as Kirkwood went there. Great signing for Corrie though and the fact that the Duckworth name will continue is a huge bonus.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another great casting by Corrie
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not like how you have a pre-conceived idea that everyone in Hollyoaks cannot act, when a lot of them can, and some of them are better actors than some at Enders.

Good luck Chris and yes he's nice to look at. :)

Also as sombody who has met him he is a top bloke too .

Chris is a really good actor and I know he will shine in Corrie ,EE could have done with him as they really could do with an injection of young characters into the show with the actors who play them being good .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's probably the only HO actor I wanted to join EE under Bryan so for selfish reasons I'm gutted.

Good luck to Chris though - fantastic coup for Corrie!
  • Options
    Zorah88Zorah88 Posts: 6,668
    Forum Member
    Blue-Dove wrote: »

Hahaha lol