Options

SGU season 2 Sky

Comments

• Options
    srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simeon's antipathy towards Rush is probably down to when Rush re-captured Destiny and ruined Simeon's plot to take over.
    Killing Ginn was his main goal here, killing Amanda was just a side effect. Simeon and Ginn were from the same clan and she had information on the Lucian alliance attack on earth which Simeon wanted to safeguard.

The goading was meant to get Rush to kill him rather than capture him for questioning. After he was shot he realised he had little chance of getting away so it was a matter of being captured, tortured, questioned, and probably marooned on some crappy planet. Or he could just goad Rush into ending it all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    Simeon's antipathy towards Rush is probably down to when Rush re-captured Destiny and ruined Simeon's plot to take over.
    Killing Ginn was his main goal here, killing Amanda was just a side effect. Simeon and Ginn were from the same clan and she had information on the Lucian alliance attack on earth which Simeon wanted to safeguard.

The goading was meant to get Rush to kill him rather than capture him for questioning. After he was shot he realised he had little chance of getting away so it was a matter of being captured, tortured, questioned, and probably marooned on some crappy planet. Or he could just goad Rush into ending it all.

I dont think we will ever know why simeon killed Ginn, there are two ways of looking at it, the way simeon was on about his loss and telling Rush he wants him to feel the same indicated it was a little more then just killing Ginn because of what she did/may say. Many scenes in the greater good pointed to the fact the Simeon was taking particular interest that Amanda was inside Ginn maybe hinting that was the reason he was going to kill her.
    The episode was written well enough to leave that hanging and let the viewer decide, the real reason was not necessary to be told.
    This season is really starting to heat up now and has been some of the best TV viewing for the last few weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think we will ever know why simeon killed Ginn

Really? I thought it plane that he wanted to stop her talking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the second last episode Simeon heard that Ginn was talking to Earth. He went to her room and saw Camille and Ginn talking. Ginn went to help Eli and Camille told Simeon to back off.
    Later Simeon tried to speak with Ginn again but was told it was Amanda and Grear told him to back off. Figuring that Ginn was talking on Earth he decided to stop it, so he waited for her to be alone and killed her.
    Simeon trying to stop Ginn was happening before Amanda was on board. Seems fairly straight forward to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    In the second last episode Simeon heard that Ginn was talking to Earth. He went to her room and saw Camille and Ginn talking. Ginn went to help Eli and Camille told Simeon to back off.
    Later Simeon tried to speak with Ginn again but was told it was Amanda and Grear told him to back off. Figuring that Ginn was talking on Earth he decided to stop it, so he waited for her to be alone and killed her.
    Simeon trying to stop Ginn was happening before Amanda was on board. Seems fairly straight forward to me.

Did Simeon know how the stones worked, if not then he would not have know Ginn would have died if he killed Amanda.
    Also all the dialouge between Simeon and Rush would not have made any sense towards the end of the episode if he had not set out to kill Amanda.
    I think he set out to deal with Ginn but then the thought of killing amanda took priority,to get back at the way he had been treated, simeon was Phyco anyway so doubt in the end it had anything to do with Ginn passng on secrets.
    Cooper wrote the episode so not surprised if that was a twist.
  • Options
    muldranmuldran Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    How long will it take for Chloe to complete her transformation into a Murloc though?

Honestly, I wanted to space her at the start of the series, but with what she's going through.... I'm now getting upset when she goes fully-fishy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And this is from someone who admits to watching the mentalist.
    I suppose if thats your idea of entertainment then you wouldn't, get; like, or understand SGU.

There is a great difference between a genre and how an individual series is made. The writers on The Mentalist are very very good, regardless of what think of the genre.
    The writers on all the Stargates haven't been that good - even if you like scifi, but it used to have a suffusion of humor that made many viewers live with it.
    muldran wrote: »
    How long will it take for Chloe to complete her transformation into a Murloc though?

Lol. 10 points! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Honestly, I wanted to space her at the start of the series, but with what she's going through.... I'm now getting upset when she goes fully-fishy.

We dont really know what is happening to Chloe, its all assumptions at the moment. No doubting thngs will be revealed towards the season end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Warming wrote: »
    There is a great difference between a genre and how an individual series is made. The writers on The Mentalist are very very good, regardless of what think of the genre.

Thats where views differ, I think the whole show from the writing to the acting is bad. It started ok but by episode 3 or 4 I was nodding off when it was on and I have a firm rule where if I nod off in a show its time for it to go.

Its only being shown on the low grade channels where it can plod along out of the way and can be forgotten about.

Of course no disrespect to anyone who likes the mentalist but it did make me chuckle when one of the forum members here said it was more exciting then the last few episodes of SGU.
  • Options
    MilhouseVHMilhouseVH Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its only being shown on the low grade channels where it can plod along out of the way and can be forgotten about.

The Mentalist pulls in 14m viewers a week while it "plods along" in the US - that's 14 times the average number of viewers for SGU. No doubt you'll just say it's brain-dead television for brain-dead viewers in an effort to justify the dismal ratings for your favourite show, but the reality is that the viewing figures do not lie.

Can I introduce you to Fan Excuse Bingo? I found it while reading a US-based article ridiculing the SGU writers for claiming like spoiled children that "angry Atlantis fans are deliberately hurting SGU" (wtf?). See, it's not just us here in the UK that think it's a poor show based on it's own performance, and that the writers are using lame excuses for delivering a poor product.
    Of course no disrespect to anyone who likes the mentalist but it did make me chuckle when one of the forum members here said it was more exciting then the last few episodes of SGU.

I forgot to put down the hourly news bulletin on BBC News as also being more exciting than SGU.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MilhouseVH wrote: »
    The Mentalist pulls in 14m viewers a week while it "plods along" in the US - that's 14 times the average number of viewers for SGU. No doubt you'll just say it's brain-dead television for brain-dead viewers in an effort to justify the dismal ratings for your favourite show, but the reality is that the viewing figures do not lie.

Of course viewing figures do not lie but the mentality of viewers has changed to watching brain dead programs.
    Its all about circumstances, in the x-files era SGU would have massive support. If the x-files started now it would be laughed at for being so cheesy and predicatable but back then it was a cult show. Problem is if a show is not reality or CSI based it faces the axe. It has nothing to do with quality shows just viewing mentality. Eventually all TV will consist of is Simon Cowell shows and season 150 of CSI.
    I will read the articles properly tomorrow but the writers are correct that the SG1 fanboys are hating the show by default and of course the SG1 fanboys will throw their toys out their pram because they are so set in a one track mindset they just cant accept the show had to move on. Thats why they are called fanboys.
    I dont know what the writers can do now, they gave us 90 minutes of fantastic drama the last two weeks which wiped the floor with almost anything else out there and still people moan. I certainly cant remember enjoying any episode of SG1 like I did the last two episodes of SGU.
    I forgot to put down the hourly news bulletin on BBC News as also being more exciting than SGU.
    -

Out of interest why are you still watching SGU? I wouldn't watch CSI, Mentalist for love nor money, because I would not waste my time on these shows.If you hate SGU so much why dont you do like me and do the ironing instead :D
    I just dont understand why people are still watching a show they dislike and then moaning about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course viewing figures do not lie but the mentality of viewers has changed to watching brain dead programs.

Honestly, it seems if you don't like something then the people that do are automatically brain-dead morons. Righto... :rolleyes:
    Its all about circumstances, in the x-files era SGU would have massive support.

Are you suggesting that the quality of programme content 10-15 years ago would have meant that SGU would shine like a beacon? I don't think programmes were that bad even 15 years ago! ;)
    Problem is if a show is not reality or CSI based it faces the axe. It has nothing to do with quality shows just viewing mentality.

More generalisation. How are you doing on Fan Excuse Bingo? You must be close to calling "House!" by now - I bet that's another popular (avg. 10m/episode), well scripted and well acted programme you think is only for the brain-dead? :)
    I will read the articles properly tomorrow but the writers are correct that the SG1 fanboys are hating the show by default and of course the SG1 fanboys will throw their toys out their pram because they are so set in a one track mindset they just cant accept the show had to move on. Thats why they are called fanboys.

Make sure you read the comments too, although it's not going to be to your liking. You really do need to stop believing the childish line peddled by the writers, they're only deluding themselves and few people hearing it are buying it. The writers are slowly losing their credibility and alienating their fans.
    Out of interest why are you still watching SGU?

I'd have thought that was obvious to you by now, based on the responses you've had in numerous posts from myself and other forum members in this thread.

I - like many - have approached SGU with an open mind, to give it it's chance, to view the show on it's own merits. I wanted to like it, and for some unknown reason (almost certainly it's association with Stargate) I still hope it will convince me it's worth watching. So I haven't entirely given up on it yet, but right now I wouldn't be sorry if it were to get the chop.

When I think of why I continue watching it, it makes me realise even more that the writers whining like children about old fans not wanting SGU to survive couldn't be more wrong - it's these old fans that are hanging in there week in, week out watching the show when everybody else would have given up during the first few weeks. The more I hear about the writers and their apparent contempt for fans of the old shows (read the articles) the more i begin to ask myself why their show is deserving of our time.

It wouldn't surprise me if the few remaining viewers of SGU each week are now just the hard-core SG1/SGA fans who despite not enjoying it continue to watch anything Stargate. And these few remaining viewers are now the fans the writers apparently despise - way to go Brad, Bob etc. :rolleyes:
    I wouldn't watch CSI, Mentalist for love nor money, because I would not waste my time on these shows.

Nobody is asking you to, and it's your right not to.
    If you hate SGU so much why dont you do like me and do the ironing instead :D

Because I have a lady that does...
    I just dont understand why people are still watching a show they dislike and then moaning about it.

It's pretty clear you don't understand where most of us are coming from. :p
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC have moved to Live +7 ratings... the rest of the world should follow!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mentalist vs SGU is a pointless debate.
    Procedurals and SciFi two very different genres. I like both genres and I like both shows. Neither are perfect examples of their genre but they are both good. Saying that the Mentalist is a better example of a procedural than SGU is an example of SciFi.
    One of the best procedural type shows I've seen recently was Life but unfortunalely it didn't survive, while CSI Miami (which is terrible) just rumbles on and on. That is a more justifable argument.
    Compare SGU with other SciFi and see how it stands up. It is better than the last few seasons of BSG, but it's not as good as Fringe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL, nice one. I hope she will make the noise too, WOOWAWAWA :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pretty clear you don't understand where most of us are coming from. :p

Who are most of us? a few on here. People still moan about it but continue watching it, that is hypocritical and these peoples views cant be taken seriously.

Most people I know who watch it never watched SG1 or Atlantis, I think the SGU/Atlantis fanboys have stopped watching it long ago and now spend their time sending stupid emails to the cooper and wright. Once they relalised the show was dark, mature and serious they didn't bother.

Cooper and Wright dont owe SG1 fans anything, its their show and they are not going to be held over a barrel by a few fanboys. I admire them totally for what they have done and created, Its fantastic, unique drama and it one of my top 3 shows I watch each week.

It may be cancelled at the end of this season no doubting there will be many more top shows facing the axe, fringe being one of them.

My comments on the x-files were indicating that type of show is struggling, if SGU was on ten years ago it would get loads of fans in the same way If x-files started now it would be facing the same problems as SGU.
    Great drama is being ignored for reality TV and shows like CSI, as I said above its a viewing mentality problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, not sure ratings are always the best yardstick, but here it clearly is - its also very clever. But its funny and well lit - perhaps thats why a certain somebody dislikes it ;)
    Yet though the skill of the writing, even though its funny, when someone regular suddenly dies, people still care about that.

See, it's not just us here in the UK that think it's a poor show based on it's own performance, and that the writers are using lame excuses for delivering a poor product.

I think that's pretty much everywhere its snow, went straight down in Germany and Australia as well.

One track mindset - hey, doesn't that make you a fanboy? ;)

Because its an opinion, not a fact that "the show had to move on" - as you were told previously, it could have moved on in a plethora of different ways.
    Out of interest why are you still watching SGU?

Hoping for scifi.

Its always best to watch a show you don't like, then you won't be upset when its canceled.

CD93 wrote: »
    The BBC have moved to Live +7 ratings... the rest of the world should follow!:p

1. Advertisers wouldn't like that.

2. Neither would you, because of they count all shows, what makes you think it still won't be last? :)

Who are most of us? a few on here. People still moan about it but continue watching it, that is hypocritical and these peoples views cant be taken seriously.

You don't understand the word "hypocritical", that is to say one thing and do another.
    Most people I know who watch it never watched SG1 or Atlantis, I think the SGU/Atlantis fanboys have stopped watching it long ago and now spend their time sending stupid emails to the cooper and wright. Once they relalised the show was dark, mature and serious they didn't bother.

Once they realized that the show was badly lit, immature and not to be taken serious, they got upset - but I doubt anybody has been writing any emails to cooper and wright for a looooooooooong time. (Of course Cooper resigned, perhaps he thought it turned out badly as well ;)
    Cooper and Wright dont owe SG1 fans anything,

Sure they do, because of them they have been overpaid for a decade.
    it one of my top 3 shows I watch each week.

What are the other two?
    It may be cancelled at the end of this season no doubting there will be many more top shows facing the axe, fringe being one of them.

I like Fringe.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2. Neither would you, because of they count all shows, what makes you think it still won't be last? :)

Nothing, but ratings are still ratings. This thread never fails to entertain. If SGU is renewed, even if it only lasted the first half of Season 3, that would be fine by me - so long as those "dangling on" viewers decided to leave.

It's hard to be a Stargate fan now, so much bitching and whining. It would be lovely to have some peaceful episodic discussion again, even if it were only for the final 10 episodes of the show.

Oh well, I think I'll be steering clear (of this particular thread) for the timebeing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be lovely to have some peaceful episodic discussion again, even if it were only for the final 10 episodes of the show.

There's so little to discuss about any of the actual episodes though - there's no real depth to any of the plots which can all be summed up in a couple of sentences. Each episode (perhaps Malice excluded) tends to feel like someone took a 5 minute plot line and artificially stretched it to fit a 45 minute running time (slow it down to glacial pace, add in lots of arguing and bickering, Rush puts everyone in danger, use the stones, reference the Eli/Chloe/Scott love triangle, remind everyone Camille bats for the other side, have Sgt. Greer snarl at someone, oh and maybe hurt or kill someone nobody cares about).

But if you would like discussion... anyone else wondering where this never ending supply of Marine grunts and ammunition is coming from? I must have missed the part where they transferred an entire ammo dump and Marine cloning facility through the stargate as they arrived on Destiny.

And who is running the laundry as the civies look remarkably clean and tidy for people who have been wearing the same clothes for one and a half seasons... :)
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But if you would like discussion... anyone else wondering where this never ending supply of Marine grunts and ammunition is coming from?
    Yes, this is a complete mystery to me, too. Once you start questioning the "suspension of belief" aspect of any show, they all rapidly fall apart - no matter how well-liked they are. As yo say, the thing I really can't stretch my imagination to excuse is where do they get all their clean underwear from? They only arrived on the spaceship with what they could carry - and I didn't see anyone with a suitcase.
    Maybe they need a "funny" epsiode, where everyone's doing their washing and they get invaded by small itchy insects ... :eek: Then in true Ealing stylie the smalls all get mixed up, and they have to swap them all around each other before they can beam down to the next gravel pit and shoot the crap out of something.
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    so much bitching and whining. It would be lovely to have some peaceful episodic discussion again.

I get the same feeling. I actually like SGU. I like Eli, (as a fellow geek I wish his love life was more successful - no sooner has he got a girl and some **** goes and kills her). I like Cloe.

Yes they are flawed characters - what person is n't?

But that is what makes it interesting

I just wish those who did not like it just shut it (and if they have not figured it out yet - if SGU fails - you will not get your SG1/SGA movies).

I watched every year of Stargate SG1 and every year of SGA enjoyed them all - and I can still enjoy SGU for what it is. Indeed I would congratulate the producers for being brave enough to try something different. Star Trek produced 28 seasons of TV - 21 of them a spaceship visiting a planet of the week - no wonder it withered eventually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and I can still enjoy SGU for what it is.

And I can criticise it for what it is, and my criticism has got nothing to do with SG1 or SGA - that's just a tired and lame excuse trotted out by those with their heads up their own arses. I also won't be saying SGU is great when it most certainly isn't because another SG1/SGA movie might be contingent on me doing so.

Sometimes a spade is actually a spade, and the emperor really is wearing no clothes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't understand the word "hypocritical", that is to say one thing and do another.

Exactly, hence why I use that word, people are slagging it but still watching it, hypocritical.

Its always best to watch a show you don't like, then you won't be upset when its canceled.

What a very sad view.
    Sure they do, because of them they have been overpaid for a decade.

Well is some ways you are right as SGU/Atlantis were a load of tosh.
    One track mindset - hey, doesn't that make you a fanboy?

Because its an opinion, not a fact that "the show had to move on" - as you were told previously, it could have moved on in a plethora of different ways.

I dont have a one track mindset, the show is good its that simple. But I dont slag a show because its not exactly what I want and because its not a clone of something else thats a same track mindset.
    The show moved on because the creators wanted it to, SGU/Atlantis are history now, all forgotten about.
    Cooper and wright dont get up each day to satisfy fanboys.
    Even if it dont get renewed at least they have given us 2 seasons of great Sc-fi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the same feeling. I actually like SGU. I like Eli, (as a fellow geek I wish his love life was more successful - no sooner has he got a girl and some **** goes and kills her). I like Cloe.

Yes they are flawed characters - what person is n't?

But that is what makes it interesting

I just wish those who did not like it just shut it (and if they have not figured it out yet - if SGU fails - you will not get your SG1/SGA movies).

I watched every year of Stargate SG1 and every year of SGA enjoyed them all - and I can still enjoy SGU for what it is. Indeed I would congratulate the producers for being brave enough to try something different. Star Trek produced 28 seasons of TV - 21 of them a spaceship visiting a planet of the week - no wonder it withered eventually.

Good post...

But you wont shut the fanboys up, Even though the last 2 episodes have been fantastic, they still complain.
    Funny thing is those who are slagging the show are still watching it:confused:, trolling maybe.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As someone else observed, its only those who say they like SGU who keeps bringing up SG1/SGA

Exactly, hence why I use that word, people are slagging it but still watching it, hypocritical.

No, you don't understand what the word means.