Options

ANTM Cycle 14 Living

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Alasia but she did not deserve best picture. None of them really stood out as best. I would have picked Tatiana's if pressured. I didn't really like the shoot because vampires are all over the place, I wish they did something more original. I'd hate to wear those white-out lenses. The blood was fake wasn't it and yet they were freaking out - they didn't allude to which 'animal' it might have come from.

Tatiana stood out in the Time's Square challenge as well as she didn't just pose like an idiot and brought some life into it. Disappointing all round on that challenge and also the improv challenge although I can appreciate how nerve-racking that must have been.

Very sad to see Simone go, I think she should have gone further. I do not like Anslee and I do not see why she's ther in there in the first place. She is getting on my last nerve. It is not anybody elses' fault she got pregnant and had a baby. Jessica and Brenda are in the same boat and they don't take it out on anyone else. Magwash, I agree it's so irritating how she's always saying, "I'm a mom so.." "..'cuz I'm a mom I can tell anyone what to do..". She's even said becuase she's a mum it's her nature to be caring but look at how she carries on. She's just a nasty piece of work if you ask me. Although Alasia was waving a red flag in front of the bull(y) by even bringing up her daughter she did not to speak so condesendingly to her in the first place. Over a bowl of thawed-out peas. These girls! :rolleyes:
    She gives excuse after excuse and she's not doing a great job overall. Who does she think she is? She only has herslef to blame becuase everyone else is doing fine.

Oh and Brenda looks a little bit better after the second make-over but they really f'd up by cutting her hair if you ask me. She's very whiny but Anslee is worse.

I won't stop watching this show but I don't see why some people are even there and I don't agree with some of the judges decisions.
  • Options
    MiyagiMiyagi Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting to like Angelea now. Jessica was so cute when advancing on Nigel in the tram!

I thought Angelea's picture was best this week. I also liked Alasia's, and Krista's, but can't really remember the rest!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Miyagi wrote: »
    I thought Angelea's picture was best this week.

Not a bad photo indeed, although she did look uncannily like a drag queen.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    stivo wrote: »
    Not a bad photo indeed, although she did look uncannily like a drag queen.

She so does and always has IMO. I dont understand the appeal but maybe I am biased from seeing her in the previous series.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,112
    Forum Member
    A couple of Angelea's photos have been impressive, especially compared to what I would expect from her ;) , but her personality is just awful. Judging by the preview for next week, it isn't going to get any better.

Was a shame Tatianna had to go, she was doing quite well up to now. But it was great to see Jessica standing out from the crowd again, as it seemed like she was starting to slip into the background and get the 'pretty girl but not a model' edit. Her picture was fantastic, she seemed to be the only one who worked the set.

It was good to see Nigel not be so crabby aswell. ;)
  • Options
    FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Sorry if this has already been asked, I've only just tuned into Cycle 14 and wondered why Miss J was no longer a judge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FreddieP wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked, I've only just tuned into Cycle 14 and wondered why Miss J was no longer a judge.

He was replaced by André Leon Talley and went back to just being a runway coach. No real reason why he had to be the one replaced was given. I'd have preferred Nigel to go personally. :D
    Maybe they thought that Miss J and André were rather similar in their behaviour and didn't need two over-the-top people on panel.

I've been meaning to say this but isn't Miss J the manliest gay guy ever? Take away the outfits and the crazyness, and he could be quite an intimidating dude. ;)
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series seems poor compared to previous ones. None of the girls are particularly interesting or outstanding. The whole thing seems rather stale to me. The last show barely sustained my interest and I find myself not caring what the panel says or who goes home. It's all such a fix.

Are we due a white winner or a black/ethnic winner this series? they seem to go alternative years.
  • Options
    DigiPalDigiPal Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always fast forward about 30 mins and just watch the photo shoot and the photo reveals

I know I may be asking the obvious here, the photos always look so much better than the filmed shoot

Are they all photshopped in post production?
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really love Jessica and Raina! They are definitely my favourites. And I agree with meglosmurmurs that i'm glad that Jessica has started to come out of the crowd, like she was in the first week. ^^
  • Options
    Winter004Winter004 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DigiPal wrote: »
    I always fast forward about 30 mins and just watch the photo shoot and the photo reveals

I know I may be asking the obvious here, the photos always look so much better than the filmed shoot

Are they all photshopped in post production?

Yes. They did a shoot on an earlier series that involved them showing the pictures before they were digitally enhanced, complete with spots/eye-bags etc.
  • Options
    MiyagiMiyagi Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show is just getting worse. Never seen such a bunch of unpleasant women. Angelea and Alasia need to go! It's getting ridiculous - we saw nothing of Anslee or ALexandra last night, instead all the focus was on the bitching and fighting. ANTM needs to get back to its roots - it's a modelling show, not a bitchfest! :rolleyes:

ps Raina to win! Alexandra second!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miyagi wrote: »
    This show is just getting worse. Never seen such a bunch of unpleasant women. Angelea and Alasia need to go! It's getting ridiculous - we saw nothing of Anslee or ALexandra last night, instead all the focus was on the bitching and fighting. ANTM needs to get back to its roots - it's a modelling show, not a bitchfest! :rolleyes:

ps Raina to win! Alexandra second!

I completely agree the amount of arguing last night was ridiculous ! I had to switch over for a bit it annoyed me so much....... Raina to win for me too ! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    That's just about the last straw for me. I don't need that kind of aggravation. Also, Angelea's photo had clearly been tampered with to remove the bags under her eyes. What is the point of this, exactly? It's like using Autotune in a singing contest. Ironic that while she's getting all up in the other girls' faces, somebody's getting all up in hers with Photoshop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The drama is a bit much, but I was at least thankful it was two groups butting heads and not one group just picking on one girl.
    I can't stand Angelea though, it was embarrassing when she was asking Raina and Brenda how it felt to be near the bottom, and she couldn't handle it when they ignored her lol
    Plus in the car, when Brenda called Angelea uneducated, and Angelea's like "you unejocated and you ignorunt and you rood!!!"
    Then later on when she interjected herself into Brenda, Raina and Jessica's conversation in their bedroom "when you livin' with girls, especially females" ??? :D

Alasia's immature aswell. Can't stand either of them.

Shame Brenda had to go, although she was really struggling, but Angelea's smile was annoying. Grrrr!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    for some reason, because Angelea's so ridiculous, i find her really funny. maybe i'm strange :D
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alasia has a pretty face but she is truly obnoxious as a personality, so is Angelea. It's really hard to warm to any of them in this cycle but I think my favourite is Raina.

Am getting a bit tired of Tyra's obvious bias towards promoting African American models. I can understand why, she wants to discover the next one who will replace her or be as successful as Naomi Campbell at the top of the pile but she hasn't found that girl yet. None of them have matched up. Can't see anyone here who will either.
  • Options
    missbeeniemissbeenie Posts: 4,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im loving this series, what I am loving is those girls who love to sneer and believe that they are better then other people are being called on their behaviour. Jessica especially was shown up for the snotty cow she really is by the panel.

One of the things tv does not pick up very well is eye rolling body language and people being snooty, unfortunately all you get is the reaction, which people are all too quick too judge on. Which leaves the viewer feeling confused and at times backing the wrong people.

Loving Alasia and Angelea is growing on me, Raina also great, and Krysta is my least favourite.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week's episode really cracked me up for some reason. It was so focused on the bitching and fighting but some of it is sooo funny. Like Alasia can be vicious but it's usually when she is provoked - yes, normally for something little but at least she's not an Angelea. Then she just goes OFF and it's hilarious to me, I like her and she seems sweet when she's not combative although she can be a bit ditzy and immature. Besides Jessica needed that telling off because she talked over her in the bedroom at the start so Alasia was right.

Anglea is another story, she is just so mean. I was angrier about it before when she said she got help for her anger problems so Tyra seemed to take pity and let her through, but I'm over it now. We see her true colours and they won't wash out any time soon. At the same time, if you're going to be a nasty catfish, be a nasty catfish and own up to it and don't pretend to be a rainbow fish, right? Her smirking at Brenda's dismissal had me gasping for air. She is one that initiates fights for no reason and she needed a slap for asking Brenda, 'how does it feel to be in the bottom two?' Biatch. At the same time the right girl left and she was underperforming and whiny to boot.

What Brenda said in the car about Angelea being "uneducated" was super rude and I would have shouted her down just the same if I had the guts to. She seemed so snobby ('I go to these uppity parties all the time').
    Other funny moments where Alasia/Raina listening outside the door of the confession room and Angelea's "when you livin' with girls, especially females" cracked me up! Also Raina's "Thanks for being real Angelea." She's sweet in that she stands up for herself but also sees that something might be going on to make her act like that.

Of the two groups that are at loggerheads at least the mean group members know who they are and don't pretend not to be bitchy or two-faced. As shown by Krysta's opening comment saying that they knew they were bad or argumentative. However Raina and I also believe Jessica where amongst those snickering over Raina's haircut saying she looks like "Chucky" and "Miranda from SATC" so they can't play the 'angels' card either. Still like Raina a lot and we all bitch from time to time.

On to the photoshoot/photos...
    Alexandria's shoot and photo were so gorgeous, just like her. Although I was surprised Tatiana left, it was easier for me to tell the difference between them, they had really similar faces and matching hair colours. Her final photo was stunning.
    Krysta's was gorgeous too and she seems to be getting better. Raina's was nice but not my favourite this week, she has such a beautiful face she can do anything and the neck thing wasn't that bad. Anslee's was okay but I agree she always sneers in her photos which is what she does in real life but her photo turned out pretty nice. Jessica, Alasia and Brenda's photos...womp, womp, womp. Not that great. Although I thought they gave Alasia a stupid theme, a model modelling as a model - how inspiring!

Judging panel...
    Like I said, I'm glad to see Brenda go. I'm worried for Alasia, seems she'll get in trouble for her lateness next week. Not good to mess up on the same thing twice in a row. Yeah Jessica doesn't seem as apple pie sweet as we first thought, as noted by the judges. Is she getting to big for her boots or those nasty stilletos she was wearing.

Wow this was a loooong post!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find the bitching tiresome rather than entertaining. This ghetto-girl thing is really old, and the mainly black vs white groupings within the house are quite disturbing to me. Have things really moved on so little? They are all like caricatures of themselves, all of them, in their own separate ways: the upper crust whites and the ghetto blacks. I know there has been more to it than that, but it is what the programme seems to be distilling down to as the weeks go by.

It's getting so that I don't quite believe the girls' personalities - they just seem to play it up for the cameras - and that's not a good thing for the show IMO.

The only amusing thing to me was when they met last year's winner and she told Angelea (I think) to rise above any drama and be classy!! As if! If Angelea and Aleesha had been in the same house as her they'd have been at her throat as well.

Finally, I really don't like the new judge. He's horrible. Pretentious, arrogant, biased, ignorant. You name it, he's probably it. Bring back Mr J! Bring back Twiggy! Even, goodness knows, bring back Janice - at least she was entertaining. This show is slowly strangling itself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I adore Raina. Really not getting the Angelea love from the judges - I mean, aside from her absolutely vile personality, her photos aren't that good :confused:, I think she has a very hard face. And I loathe how she calls all the girls "b*tches", it's such a nasty, derogatory word to be throwing about all the time, I suppose she does it to show how "real" she is... :rolleyes:

Really got fed up with the non-stop arguing. Angelea is the worst but Alasia yelling every five seconds got boring very quickly and Krista's comment about the other girls needing each other really irritated me. They probably got quite a bad edit though tbh but still, I vastly prefer Raina and Jessica, and even Brenda should have been kept in over Alasia, her photo and attitude on the shoot were just awful. Andre seems incredibly biased towards her.

I was really annoyed at Angelea getting best photo. I am definitely biased but there were 3 or 4 photos I would have picked ahead of hers. And it seems like her atrocious behaviour is just getting validated by the judges; they picked her first, they basically had a go at the other girls for not liking her for who she is, and yet they called Jessica out on her attitude... She was a bit rude but from what we've seen, Angelea is the one with the attitude problems! Didn't they only let her on for this series because she told them she'd changed?!

I think we definitely should have seen more from Alexandra, she was completely left out in favour of all the arguing. She seemed to have a really bad shoot but her photo was great. And I quite liked Brenda's photo too, even though her personality was a bit grating. I find it a bit weird that the judges already knew she looks older in her photos (mainly due to that haircut!) and yet they gave her the role of the student, saying how important it was for her to look 'fresh' and 'young'. It's like they were just looking for a reason to ger her out... :rolleyes:. I knew she was going though as soon as she mentioned how confident she was that she'd be staying :D

Hopefully Angelea or Alasia will get the boot soon, that should tone down the arguing... IMO, Alasia will be next to go, but the judges don't seem too fond of Alexandra so it could be her :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having cheated on wikipedia and found out who won and who came second I am quite pleased with the result. :):)

I found the human hair costumes absolutely vile. Who the heck would buy those? :confused:
    Do they get washed in shampoo? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The hair photoshoot was rather disturbing lol but I thought most of the photos were rather good. But I didn't like all the trash-talking they had to do to eachother.

Angelea's shot was kind of puzzling but I thought it was quite interesting. She looked like she was on fire or something. Plus Raina definitely made her hair-coat look quite appealing.

Can't stand Angelea's personality, celebrating because Brenda was eliminated. Please, grow up! :rolleyes:

It was the right bottom two and Anslee deserved to go, she was kind of stagnated and probably the only girl still remaining who had got worse rather than improved.
  • Options
    magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is occurring in the house is almost a class divide and I find it uncomfortable at times but I am warming to Angelea. I recall from the other series she auditioned for (argued with Sandra) when she told some of the girls how her baby died. The girl has certainly had some rough times and I appreciate that this doesn't excuse her behaviour but at least I can understand it to a certain extent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Love the go-sees episodes.
    Seriously I was majorly impressed with Angelea booking 6 out of 6 go-sees, isn't that the best ever go-sees performance in top model history. Even with that scatty hair. :eek:
    But for the second half of the episode she crumbled. I did rather like her being so gutted at panel when she was called late, especially after she bragged that time to Brenda and Raina when they were close to the bottom. The word karma comes to mind there. ;)

About time Alasia went too, she was rather immature and wasn't at the same level as the other girls remaining.
    Krista's picture was nice, but she fails to looks very feminine in them. She is alot softer than Grace Jones but her face is still rather man-like.

Looking forward to seeing Angelea, Alexandra and Krista falling out next week, as the preview shows. Would be good to see their bitchiness turned on eachother instead of trying to pick fights with others.