Options

Dom's major issue with Kayla

Warning rant ahead!

Seriously what is his problem? :confused:

He berates her, winds her up, and when she eventually flips he goes to the telegraph and says it's the "real her" coming out. How does that one work? You've manipulated and made her act that way so how is it the "real her"? Everyone gets irritable when someone acts how he has. I hated how he made it out she was being irrational over dunnygate when that was a completely natural reaction. Who on earth would happily clean up after someone and be fine about it? She wanted to use the dunny so had no choice but to clean it and she quite rightfully voiced her unhappiness afterwards. She was actually laughing at them winding her up at first but clearly he went on and on about it so she got annoyed.

I find the way he talks to her and about her very disrespectful. Like tonight he asked if she wanted to do the trial, she thought about it for a second and he snapped "YES OR NO?!" He acts superior to her and talks about her like she is a piece of shit just because of her profession.

Ok so she's not his type of person and that's fine. Yes her voice is a bit whiny but that's not exactly her fault. It doesn't give him any right to act the way he has been doing to her. I liked how Jenny didn't rise to his bitching when he tried to get her involved tonight. She just simply said Kayla wasn't doing her head in but she doesn't do anything for her either. That's reasonable as not everyone will gel with everyone. I find his behaviour bordering on character assassinating and he is desperately trying to turn the public against her. I would love her to outlast him! :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    couldn't agree more , have gone right off him , hate people that always volunteer other people for things which he seems to be good at too
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The interesting thing is he has lost lots of support as a result of the way he has acted over the last couple of days and she has stayed when three days running she was fav to go. It is funny that she has brought him down without trying and his odds of winning have dropped through the floor.

He has made himself look stupid.
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    I reckon he is the Peter Mandelson of the Jungle
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree. He has turned really nasty. Hope she outlasts him
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have gone of Dom as well. It started when he point blank refused to do the all nighter the other day.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    The interesting thing is he has lost lots of support as a result of the way he has acted over the last couple of days and she has stayed when three days running she was fav to go. It is funny that she has brought him down without trying and his odds of winning have dropped through the floor.

He has made himself look stupid.

Definitely! She hasn't been bottom 2 since her trial, and he was bottom 2 tonight despite doing a trial in the show which usually makes someone automatically safe.
  • Options
    icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    Yeah I thought the same thing, he likes to wind her up and then blame her :confused:
  • Options
    Alexis StardustAlexis Stardust Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope hes out before her also!
  • Options
    Special K_Special K_ Posts: 6,320
    Forum Member
    He secretly fancies her but knows she finds him repulsive. :D
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is gutted she went for brawn not brain.
  • Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i do wonder how dom made it in the comedy world. his humour is so boring! it just consists of light bitching. and he seems to believe he is king of the jungle, gone right off him
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monster101 wrote: »
    i do wonder how dom made it in the comedy world. his humour is so boring! it just consists of light bitching. and he seems to believe he is king of the jungle, gone right off him

I did'nt know who he was anyway. Not surprisingly as it turns out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I believe that girl's attitude and behaviour would wind anybody up to the point of snapping. He doesn't baby her, which is what she wants ie: Linford, and he doesn't treat her like a princess so she gets annoyed - Dom likes to antagonise, that was his show, so naturally he does it more.

No idea why Kayla's in there, but Dom is getting grumpy, as would I if I had no food and had to suffer the likes of her.
  • Options
    ShedheddShedhedd Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember in the beginning though when Linford had a go at her for her choice of professsion. He tried to make her look small and said if his daughter did what she's doing he would disown her.

Now he (Linford) is all over her. On a side note I can't stand her voice, that babygirl thing doesn't work with me :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Agreed, he is so patronising to her. Like when he said there was no way she'd beat Alison at the trial because there wasn't anything to her or something...loved it when she proved him wrong! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.

Dom's a bit of a tube.
  • Options
    SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Gone off him.

He's a snob!
  • Options
    daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does well in trials proving Dom wrong. He moans about her always in a bikini - middle of an extremely hot jungle,understandable. Other girls went about in bikinis over the years and no one bothered,so why is it now a problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Special K_ wrote: »
    He secretly fancies her but knows she finds him repulsive. :D

Yep I think this is about sexual tension..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's very, very rude and ignorant. It really annoyed me when he was telling Kayla she didn't know the meaning of the word snob when she clearly did. He also fell for the most obvious choice of it being Nigel when Kayla knew it was her. Glad she stood up for herself.

He's one of those blokes who has a brain but not nearly as big as he thinks it is and wants to come across as not being interested in the 'pretty girl'. If she had pandered to him from when he arrived he'd be a simpering mess now. But, luckily, she has his measure.

Kayla's in there because she's a playboy bunny. For him to go on about her and her bikinis is pathetic. It's her job for goodness sake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't particularly like him and don't particularly like her either.

Both of them grate on me and I can't wait for them to leave. Fingers crossed one of them goes tonight.
  • Options
    ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SB! wrote: »
    Agreed, he is so patronising to her. Like when he said there was no way she'd beat Alison at the trial because there wasn't anything to her or something...loved it when she proved him wrong! :D

But she didn't beat Alison in the trial.
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do find Dom very patronising towards Kayla and the OP makes a good point about him deliberately winding her up and then criticizing her reactions as the "real" her.

I went off Dom when he refused outright to do the "night of terror" task. Good for Aggro that he did it - and successfully too.

As for Kayla, I had no idea who she was before this programme but she seems really nice. Dom treats her like she's a typical LA bimbo but she isn't. She's done really well on her tasks and has been willing to try any of them.
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't particularly like him and don't particularly like her either.

Both of them grate on me and I can't wait for them to leave. Fingers crossed one of them goes tonight.

Same here, although I do think the dynamics in the camp might fall a bit flat if Dom goes out. His seems to be the personality that everyone else is reacting to at present, for good or bad.

It's not just Kayla he dislikes either - he seems to have taken against Aggro too, but Aggro is a bit too laid back to rise to any baiting, imo.
  • Options
    alisonrose3764alisonrose3764 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a complete tool - arrogant and very unfunny - one of those people that thinks its amusing to wind people up and then have a go when he gets a reaction - childish and pathetic.
    Really dislike him.
    Have no views on her at all.