The Apprentice Season 6 Episode 9 Dec 1

1232425262729»

Comments

• Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I don't get it - I think she's a stronger candidate than Liz

Yasmina from last year flew under the radar, too.
  • Options
    Yasmin26Yasmin26 Posts: 3,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocko Homo wrote: »
    I thought that. She's been putting in stronger performances than Liz for a number of weeks now. I don't understand why she's always overlooked.

I think everyone is going off on what happened at the start of the series. But for weeks now Joanna has been the star candidate. shame she is underrated.
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,325
    Forum Member
    Yasmin26 wrote: »
    I think everyone is going off on what happened at the start of the series. But for weeks now Joanna has been the star candidate. shame she is underrated.

Joanna is a strong candidate, the only thing that really goes against her is when she gets an idea in her head, and nags and nags until either a) it's accepted, or b) it's ignored - leading to her bitching about them!

She's certainly much better at getting her hands dirty than Stella and Liz, who come across much more reserved.

There is a real outside chance/danger that the star of the show, the Brand Baggs, could nick a place in the final, or at least into the interview stage (which would be great to see).

Jamie really shone with the negotiations, but failed to split the workload better as he was on his own - just shows how well the boys ground down prices that they could survive penalties of over £500 and still win by £70!

Really enjoying this series, hard to pick out an obvious winner at the moment.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Loved tonight's episode, I was willing the guys to win.

I haven't laughed as much, for so long for ages.

Liz showed her true colours after the boardroom and she was as crap at negotiating as Stella.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    I really want Stubags to get to the interviews
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its only a mistake if the penalties are low. If the penatlties were £100 they would have won by £230 .

And how were they meant to find out the cheapest price and options without the internet or time to walk around?

Phoning around and asking for their best price.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think he will, he's comedy gold.
  • Options
    Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yasmin26 wrote: »

All that happened at the start is that Joanna was labelled (unfairly, imo) as "too agressive" and no matter how toned down and quiet she's been since, she's never been able to shake that label off. It's okay to be aggressive if you're Claire Young or Deborah Barr, but it's different for Joanna and she knows that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eve3275 wrote: »
    All that happened at the start is that Joanna was labelled (unfairly, imo) and no matter how toned down and quiet she's been since, she's never been able to shake that label off. It's okay to be "aggressive" if you're Claire Bates or Deborah Barr because it's seen as "feisty", but it's different for Joanna and she knows that.

I agree and she wasn't a 10th as bad as either Claire or Debra could be (and they were two of my favourite candidates). She's only agressive in the same way the Badger was aggressive (i.e she doesn't take no for an answer) really. Erroneous stereotypes still rule peoples perceptions unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheff71 wrote: »
    Joanna is a strong candidate, the only thing that really goes against her is when she gets an idea in her head, and nags and nags until either a) it's accepted, or b) it's ignored - leading to her bitching about them!

She's certainly much better at getting her hands dirty than Stella and Liz, who come across much more reserved.

There is a real outside chance/danger that the star of the show, the Brand Baggs, could nick a place in the final, or at least into the interview stage (which would be great to see).

Jamie really shone with the negotiations, but failed to split the workload better as he was on his own - just shows how well the boys ground down prices that they could survive penalties of over £500 and still win by £70!

Really enjoying this series, hard to pick out an obvious winner at the moment.

I think Joanna has great common sense at the right moment.

Which is something most candidates lack when under pressure.

I agree that when Joanna gets an idea she will not let up until it's followed through. But to be fair to her she does come up with the goods most of the time.

Stuart is a star only to make a good TV show. Nothing to do with excellence in the tasks. I think those used for entertainment get fired right before the final.

Liking this series better the one before to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All that happened at the start is that Joanna was labelled (unfairly, imo) as "too agressive" and no matter how toned down and quiet she's been since, she's never been able to shake that label off. It's okay to be aggressive if you're Claire Young or Deborah Barr, but it's different for Joanna and she knows that.

Totally agree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes me too the "Brand"

TBH they usually have one for comedy value.
  • Options
    Forum Member

She's improved no end from her first appearance.

Still not convinced she's a winner though.
  • Options
    Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    She's improved no end from her first appearance.

Still not convinced she's a winner though.

Not a winner, but I've always liked her and I think she's the best out of the girls. My pick to win would be Chris. :)
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Jocko Homo wrote: »
    I agree and she wasn't a 10th as bad as either Claire or Debra could be (and they were two of my favourite candidates). She's only agressive in the same way the Badger was aggressive (i.e she doesn't take no for an answer) really. Erroneous stereotypes still rule peoples perceptions unfortunately.

Joanna is the only person I like out of that list, as she comes across as a very positive and a warm person (which you can´t say about any of those persons or any of the candidates left in this series).

She is probably weaker overall then Liz, put will probably get to the final (against Lord Sugar´s favourite kid) because her record (win-loss) in this series speaks for itself and she will remind him of himself.

Stubags could make the interviews, but will he be able to handle his team next week :confused:
  • Options
    WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Its only a mistake if the penalties are low. If the penatlties were £100 they would have won by £230 .

And how were they meant to find out the cheapest price and options without the internet or time to walk around?

"Excuse me, I'm trying to buy X. Do you sell them? ..... You don't. You couldn't tell me where I could buy one could you? ...... I see. And about how much do they cost?"

Things may not go as smoothly as that example of course, but if they have the phone and a business directory, you'd think that in an hour or so with all of them working at it, they'd be able to find out an awful lot.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on this task, Laura was probably not the right one to go; both Liz and Stella were worse than her. But she should have gone in week two, so I can't regard it as much of an injustice.

I love the way Laura talked about how she'd never had a proper crack at being PM because the team were a shambles the week she led them. It didn't seem to occur to her that she might have been part of the reason they were a shambles! And Stella was right to point out how Laura was keen to talk about the truffle when she thought Stella alone was going to be blamed for it, but when Laura's own culpability was brought up, suddenly it wasn't really about the truffle!

Jamie would have gone for sure if the boys had lost; only getting two items out of five made him look poor. I can't see any chance of him making the final now.
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Yasmina from last year flew under the radar, too.

She impressed many people with winning the food task in task 2 (even though people were appalled by the food served).