Options

Feeling slightly sorry for Kayla

I really hate the way Dom and Jenny have it in for Kayla.
Kayla is sad and they can see that but those two have made it quite clear to her that they don't like her.
Kayla has done trials too. She is who she is and has had the strength not to walk. I feel sorry for her.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    She is acting like a spoilt child with her tantrums, her voice is irritating, every opportunity she is in a bikini or swimsuit...She is very manipulative and wants public sympathy?
    ..... I can't understand why she is still there :confused:

Jenny to win!
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something Lembit said in his interview was rather telling...and he was not the first to slag off other people...something about her sulking/pouting if asked to do anything and sleeping/laying around a lot. I think it was him who said she would be "high maintenance".

I suspect as the numbers have gone down she has had to do more of the less "appealing" things she avoided doing when there were more of them.

There were also hints in what we saw that both Gillian and Britt "mothered her"...and they are gone too.
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    She's only there so that the winner(s) will look brilliant in comparison.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with a lot of the points made in the above posts but even so I still feel sorry for Kayla.
    Jenny and Dom keep mentioning how older and wiser they feel.
    But they should have an ounce of empathy for Kayla as one of their campmates who is clearly struggling with jungle life..
    Whether they like Kayla or not, they were once young and selfish too.
    I loved seeing Shaun give that girl a hug. She really needed one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Agreed Mrs S - I think she was missing Linford yesterday, he's been her rock lately. I don't like her much, but I felt really sorry for her last night.
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    I agree with a lot of the points made in the above posts but even so I still feel sorry for Kayla.
    But they should have an ounce of empathy for Kayla as one of their campmates who is clearly struggling with jungle life..

I agree with you ,Kayla has her faults and may not be everyones cup of tea, but she was struggling last night and Dom showed absolutely no ounce of empathy .I loved how Shaun gave her a hug and he meant it .Dom apoligised only when told to by Jenny " as he might look bad "
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agreed Mrs S - I think she was missing Linford yesterday, he's been her rock lately. I don't like her much, but I felt really sorry for her last night.

But Linford was stitched up as being a pervy lech, so how can it be possible that his victim could possibly be missing him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JTW wrote: »
    But Linford was stitched up as being a pervy lech, so how can it be possible that his victim could possibly be missing him?

LOL :D

(stockholm syndrome, of course :cool:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    not keen on kayla i did feel sorry at times for kayla and dom did not help having a dig at her at times and with linford going may have contributed to her getting upset but i also think some of it was for sympathy nice how shaun give her a hug
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL :D

(stockholm syndrome, of course :cool:)

That must be it :D She's missing Hef :eek:
  • Options
    MarcoRossiMarcoRossi Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why exactly should Dom feel empathy towards Kayla being sad because she didn't get her stupid letter when Dom didn't get his either? Didn't see her comforting him...
    Kayla is used to not doing anything around the camp, had lots of people mothering her, Linford pampering her and all of a sudden she's got to get her hands dirty doing things that everyone else around her has been doing for the last few weeks, plus it's too cold and rainy and she can't prance round in her ridiculous bikinis. I wander why she's feeling down....
    When did she ever go up to any of the other contestants and ask them how they're feeling? Never, in her view it's all about her, selfish little brat.
    I as a viewer have absolutely no sympathy for her whatsoever and the sooner she goes the better.
  • Options
    DippydollyDippydolly Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husbands one and only, surprise, outburst at IAC last night was directed towards Kayla...it went something along the lines of...

'Stop pouting and sticking your t*ts out, you attention seeking brat'

He then went back to reading his paper:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ha ha ha! Your husband is fab, Dippydolly! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dippydolly wrote: »
    My husbands one and only, surprise, outburst at IAC last night was directed towards Kayla...it went something along the lines of...

That about sums her up :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Kayla is a petulant little madam with an irritating voice. I hope she's out next.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dippydolly wrote: »

Daily Star ??.......................sorry Joking :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    b1zzer wrote: »
    Daily Star ??.......................sorry Joking :D

:DHe's not allowed to read the daily jugs, he gets over excited:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha! Your husband is fab, Dippydolly! :D

He is available for grumpy comments whenever you like Muriel:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Their little talk reminded me of Nigel leaving because he was desperate for a decent conversation. Such a shame they couldn't have connected with their intellectual sides while he was still there:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hate the way Dom and Jenny have it in for Kayla.
    Kayla is sad and they can see that but those two have made it quite clear to her that they don't like her.
    Kayla has done trials too. She is who she is and has had the strength not to walk. I feel sorry for her.

Jenny could not have been kinder or more sympathetic to Kayla after the letter home. She actually suggested burning her own letter, unread, if Kayla couldn't have hers - and we saw how desperately she wanted it. I think people are placing far, far too much emphasis on the very short conversation in which Jenny and Dom moaned about the shortage of interesting conversation from the young ones. There is no reason to believe that Jenny, at least, is ever anything but kind and considerate to them generally.

Remind me of times when Kayla has shown sympathetic interest in the problems of the older contestants?
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member

Totally agree.

I actually think both Dom and Jenny need to grow up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny could not have been kinder or more sympathetic to Kayla after the letter home. She actually suggested burning her own letter, unread, if Kayla couldn't have hers - and we saw how desperately she wanted it. I think people are placing far, far too much emphasis on the very short conversation in which Jenny and Dom moaned about the shortage of interesting conversation from the young ones. There is no reason to believe that Jenny, at least, is ever anything but kind and considerate to them generally.

Remind me of times when Kayla has shown sympathetic interest in the problems of the older contestants?

I agree...beneath her grumpy exterior Jenny seems a very kind person. She was genuinely distressed for kayla when her letter was burnt, and Britt said that she looked after her when she was feeling unwell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcoRossi wrote: »
    why exactly should Dom feel empathy towards Kayla being sad because she didn't get her stupid letter when Dom didn't get his either? Didn't see her comforting him...
    Kayla is used to not doing anything around the camp, had lots of people mothering her, Linford pampering her and all of a sudden she's got to get her hands dirty doing things that everyone else around her has been doing for the last few weeks, plus it's too cold and rainy and she can't prance round in her ridiculous bikinis. I wander why she's feeling down....
    When did she ever go up to any of the other contestants and ask them how they're feeling? Never, in her view it's all about her, selfish little brat.
    I as a viewer have absolutely no sympathy for her whatsoever and the sooner she goes the better.

You took the words out of my mouth.
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree...beneath her grumpy exterior Jenny seems a very kind person. She was genuinely distressed for kayla when her letter was burnt, and Britt said that she looked after her when she was feeling unwell.

I think its a pity Jenny is seen to be with Dom and maybe by association badly thought of now ,I think she has a kind heart and emapthy , Dom has very little and people might see them as being similar .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to recall Dom saying last night, that he felt sorry for Kayla, and regretted snapping at her. He went over and apologised and they shook hands.
    Did I dream it?