Options

Andrew BB11... Your Thoughts Please.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,064
Forum Member
Hello all, I think I may have put a word in the last thread title that got it removed:o

So................ Let's continue the Andrew discussion.

I'll re post examples of his funniness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HEPTD4Vdcw&feature=related Audition VT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFmjaqG30Tk&playnext=1&list=PL7B192DAEDCFF5CAD&index=4 - Stand up

Comments

• Options
    kimberleycatkimberleycat Posts: 1,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met him twice at BB events, at BB Embassy party and Steve's footie match. Seemed a really nice lad. Talked to fans, posed for photos and autographs. Friends with Corin and Mario outside the house, sure he is with others too, but not aware who. He wasn't my favourite housemate, but in the top few.
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice lad, though i dont find him particularly funny as a comedian, he did make me laugh on a couple of occasions, he also made me frown on a few too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ceeb wrote: »
    Hello all, I think I may have put a word in the last thread title that got it removed:o

So................ Let's continue the Andrew discussion.

I'll re post examples of his funniness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HEPTD4Vdcw&feature=related Audition VT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFmjaqG30Tk&playnext=1&list=PL7B192DAEDCFF5CAD&index=4 - Stand up

Better;) Well I feel a little silly typing such a long intro now as I first did - so just to say - Missing Andrew on my screen - he was the funniest hm on BB and made it so much more worthwhile to watch - his humour is up there with the likes of Peter Kay - he is funny without being unkind or rude and just in his everyday conversation he is well, beyond funny.

I actual like everything about Andrew - his wit - his kindness -
    his manners - he is polite - he is bright - he is my type of guy (30 years ago!;)) oh and did I say he is funny x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've met him twice at BB events, at BB Embassy party and Steve's footie match. Seemed a really nice lad. Talked to fans, posed for photos and autographs. Friends with Corin and Mario outside the house, sure he is with others too, but not aware who. He wasn't my favourite housemate, but in the top few.

I think I have a fondness for him because he reminds me of one of my cute geeky friends from highschool. I love his sarcasm and bluntness.

Andrew seems like he's pretty friendly with quite a few of the BB lot. Didn't he meet up with Ben and Laura quite recently.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew getting Ben to do those ridiculous star jumps by pretending he was still on the Jack Bauer task is in my top 5 moments from the series. Andrew did his part so well and Ben being an anxious 'team player' unwittingly gave us yet another of his unintended funny moments, with no harm done.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never found Andrew funny. He made me cringe most of the time; dreadfully awkward and tried way too hard. What I did find funny - and still do - but funny peculiar rather than funny ha ha, is the way Andrew's lecherous behaviour towards Josie is indulged and awww'd over by JJJ's fans, while Caoimhe's ONE tipsy comment to JJ transformed her into perhaps the most targetted for abuse in the history of BB. And so it continues, how many months later?
    Double standards, anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loved him in the house, thought he was funny, perceptive, sensitive and highly entertaining to watch. Relationships with Daveo and Josie particularly endearing and fun to watch.

Someone mentioned in another discussion thread (!) which i didnt get to respond to that he though Andrew was rude (wtte sorry if I have grasped that wrong) to Andrew no Stones during the Glee task. When watching the task I though that Andrew (and others) were a little rude to Mr No Stones, but on reflection it was somebody from the outside with outside information permeating their little clique and they all felt a bit threatened by outside info couldnt they? Also Andrew was feeling a lil bit sore for not being picked for a singing part or taking part in the recordings... i could understand his dissapointment as he loved all tasks and whatever those tasks were he threw everything into them. I thought he was rather sportsmanlike during his last task with the Tree of Temptation when he had to say yes to everything. Mario took complete advantage of this and I must say I found this day particularly uncomfortable to watch, bless Andrew just kept saying 'yes' no matter how much Mario tried to humiliate him.

A pleasure to watch, I would happily pay good money to be entertained if comedy is his thing in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Deeferone wrote: »
    Better;) Well I feel a little silly typing such a long intro now as I first did - so just to say - Missing Andrew on my screen - he was the funniest hm on BB and made it so much more worthwhile to watch - his humour is up there with the likes of Peter Kay - he is funny without being unkind or rude and just in his everyday conversation he is well, beyond funny.

I actual like everything about Andrew - his wit - his kindness -
    his manners - he is polite - he is bright - he is my type of guy (30 years ago!;)) oh and did I say he is funny x

Even while wearing his old man slippers?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I never found Andrew funny. He made me cringe most of the time; dreadfully awkward and tried way too hard. What I did find funny - and still do - but funny peculiar rather than funny ha ha, is the way Andrew's lecherous behaviour towards Josie is indulged and awww'd over by JJJ's fans, while Caoimhe's ONE tipsy comment to JJ transformed her into perhaps the most targetted for abuse in the history of BB. And so it continues, how many months later?

Do you have to bring Josie and keeva into this? The purpose of this thread is to focus on someone else for a change.

I don't awww over Andrew I found it funny.:D It felt to me like he was playing up to the role of the rejected suitor. Having a laugh with the situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you have to bring Josie and keeva into this? The purpose of this thread is to focus on someone else for a change.

I don't awww over Andrew I found it funny.:D It felt to me like he was playing up to the role of the rejected suitor. Having a laugh with the situation.

Patsy's post is on topic, she is discussing a particular point with regards to Andrew, seems a very valid point too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JanPearce wrote: »
    loved him in the house, thought he was funny, perceptive, sensitive and highly entertaining to watch. Relationships with Daveo and Josie particularly endearing and fun to watch.

Someone mentioned in another discussion thread (!) which i didnt get to respond to that he though Andrew was rude (wtte sorry if I have grasped that wrong) to Andrew no Stones during the Glee task. When watching the task I though that Andrew (and others) were a little rude to Mr No Stones, but on reflection it was somebody from the outside with outside information permeating their little clique and they all felt a bit threatened by outside info couldnt they? Also Andrew was feeling a lil bit sore for not being picked for a singing part or taking part in the recordings... i could understand his dissapointment as he loved all tasks and whatever those tasks were he threw everything into them. I thought he was rather sportsmanlike during his last task with the Tree of Temptation when he had to say yes to everything. Mario took complete advantage of this and I must say I found this day particularly uncomfortable to watch, bless Andrew just kept saying 'yes' no matter how much Mario tried to humiliate him.

A pleasure to watch, I would happily pay good money to be entertained if comedy is his thing in the future.

They all took advantage out of him really! I know I would in that situation.:D He moaned about the glee task but I always thought it was a bit tongue in cheek. He did love his tasks didn't he. He certainly threw himself into the guitar playing during the music video!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Patsy's post is on topic, she is discussing a particular point with regards to Andrew, seems a very valid point too.

Did I say it was off topic? I just asked why it has to be brought up in every thread started. And I addressed her point by saying I don't aww over Andrew.

I don't want to seem rude or anything but as much as I like Josie I'm sick of going over the same points again and again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Nice lad, though i dont find him particularly funny as a comedian, he did make me laugh on a couple of occasions, he also made me frown on a few too.

He didnt make you laugh all the time - did you have the sound on mute;)
    He was hilarious - my funniest moment of Andrew was when he was telling Josie how long distance romances never worked or so he had read in an academic journal - especially from country to country but that they really had a good chance of working from say Bristol to Oxford - pure gold - he could be a comedy script writer:)

Any other special moments for anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He was hilarious - my funniest moment of Andrew was when he was telling Josie how long distance romances never worked or so he had read in an academic journal - especially from country to country but that they really had a good chance of working from say Bristol to Oxford - pure gold - he could be a comedy script writer:)

How about when he was discussing with Dave if he would be allowed to date his daughter? They practically wrote out a dating contract.
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Andrew at Steve's football match.He is an ok lad.I liked him on the show,a netrual character IMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No I didnt mute, we all have different points of view on comedy, I didnt find him funny.
    I did find him rude at times, he could also be prone to being petulent,i can recall the convo with Josie, why was it funny, which part of it??
    I think he is a nice kid, out of his depth in BB and were I his mother I would be concerned about some of the housemates he hangs around with now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even while wearing his old man slippers?:D

No, no, no. Please.. not the 'old man slipper fetish'?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought he was particularly funny when he was 'acting up' for the benefit of BB, eg the Scientist during the 'touching task' (forgotten the name of the task) in the task room doing a commentary against the live feed that he was watching; in the diary room when he received his treat from BB following the Jack Bauer task "call me, yeah?" ; hamming it up to sing with Corin during the "time of my life" rehearsals.

Very entertaining and completely not what I was expecting when he was interviewed on BBLB prior to going into the house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought he was particularly funny when he was 'acting up' for the benefit of BB, eg the Scientist during the 'touching task' (forgotten the name of the task) in the task room doing a commentary against the live feed that he was watching; in the diary room when he received his treat from BB following the Jack Bauer task "call me, yeah?" ; hamming it up to sing with Corin during the "time of my life" rehearsals.

Very entertaining and completely not what I was expecting when he was interviewed on BBLB prior to going into the house.

I think that was "space invasion task" but I'm going with your touching task def better;)

I loved it in the Diary Room with the bikini clad girls - just as they were going he held his hand up to his ear and pretended he was holding a phone and said Ring Me - just so quick and funny - I really belly laughed at him - and I was ill at the time - he was better than any medication:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that was "space invasion task" but I'm going with your touching task def better;)

I loved it in the Diary Room with the bikini clad girls - just as they were going he held his hand up to his ear and pretended he was holding a phone and said Ring Me - just so quick and funny - I really belly laughed at him - and I was ill at the time - he was better than any medication:)

I liked Andrew, and still do. :) And I thought he was great getting his reward in the task room. He did a likeable and funny twitcam with Shabby a while back, and went to see her gig at the weekend then wrote nice things about it afterwards, so Andrew is obviously a good egg.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OldBagHere wrote: »
    Andrew getting Ben to do those ridiculous star jumps by pretending he was still on the Jack Bauer task is in my top 5 moments from the series. Andrew did his part so well and Ben being an anxious 'team player' unwittingly gave us yet another of his unintended funny moments, with no harm done.

That could have been the only time Ben actually really moved:p he certainly knew how to get Ben to join in - clever lad.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Me too! I thought why him? I wanted a gay guy to watch Mario go into spasms of excitement or some hot bloke for the girls to drool over :D
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I say it was off topic? I just asked why it has to be brought up in every thread started. And I addressed her point by saying I don't aww over Andrew.

I don't want to seem rude or anything but as much as I like Josie I'm sick of going over the same points again and again.

Funnily enough, I don't ever before recall discussing the dichotomy of the JJ/Caoimhe situation and the Josie/Andrew situation. Never. Not once.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yes that's it thanks Deefs.... and yes, that was the moment i was referring to in the DR.
    Me too! I thought why him? I wanted a gay guy to watch Mario go into spasms of excitement or some hot bloke for the girls to drool over :D

I expected a 'Keeley' type, but Rachel and Andrew were not what I was expecting. I felt sure they would drop someone in for Mario to drooool over... oh wait whoever they dropped in he drooled over!
  • Options
    beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    What I did find funny - and still do - but funny peculiar rather than funny ha ha, is the way Andrew's lecherous behaviour towards Josie is indulged and awww'd over by JJJ's fans, while Caoimhe's ONE tipsy comment to JJ transformed her into perhaps the most targetted for abuse in the history of BB. And so it continues, how many months later?

Yep- geeks aren't really seen as 'people' on the same level as 'normals' (Seriously, there was a bit about it on a BB4 psych show re: Jon Tickle, shorlty after that Hotel California performance) so it's practically like a dog humping Josie's leg, or something, rather than a relationship that could actually happen.

It doesn't help that Caoimhe was a decent-looking girl, so poses a bit of a threat to the unlikely "dumpy lump/Aussie heartthrob pairing" story. Had Caoimhe been some complete mess of a girl (or even just the geeky lady-Andrew she claimed to be in school) then she'd be either awwed over or ignored completely.