Options

The Walking Dead (UK Pace) NO SPOILERS!!!!

Comments

• Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched episode 4 last night.

Enjoyed it however I thought it was a bit of a horrific storey line when they got eaten by zombies in the camp. Never seen that one coming never had the usual "hero" end to it.
  • Options
    SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are the ratings for this series holding up in the UK?
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    This is so good it is almost a replacement for Lost for me. The girl who got killed off in the last episode said she thought the set and story reminded her of Lost (although Lost didn't have zombies of course). I hope it keeps going for a few seasons. I don't want Andrew Lincoln's character to ever get killed off though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched episode 4 last night.

Enjoyed it however I thought it was a bit of a horrific storey line when they got eaten by zombies in the camp. Never seen that one coming never had the usual "hero" end to it.

LOL if they stick to the comics then this storyline was like an episode of Cbeebies :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    The ratings are holding up brilliantly. As I reported elsewhere episode one got 1,050,000 viewrs consolidated. Eps 2-4 look to be coming in at around 800,000 consolidated. Great eh?
  • Options
    DartGuruDartGuru Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what comes of being the best programme on TV at the moment.
    IMHO of course :)
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    I know LOL, I would head to Buckingham palace if I were in that situation, or Windsor castle....

I rather think both those places would be guarded by a lot of very heavily armed soldiers in order to protect whatever members of the Royal Family were in residence at the time of the zombie outbreak
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what my guess of what the very last shot of the last episode of these season will be.....

The camera will be looking at the survivors at a distance as if through a pair of binoculars. The shot will then pan back to reveal that the person behind the binoculars is..........

Merle Dixon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm with Daryl on this one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive fan of TWD but I found myself switching over to other channels for the first 45mins of tonights epp - the only good bit seemed to be the last 10 to 15mins around the 'CDC' - after seeing the preview last-week I assumed most of this ep was going to be action but I found it very boring :(
  • Options
    PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It definitely wasn't as action packed as other episodes, and whilst I enjoyed watching it, once it was over I was a bit meh.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was slower paced, but it was the first episode where I only got in one Shaun of the Dead reference and didn't sing Don't stop me now. The first tim eI watched it as anything other than a comedy.

So teaming up with Girl whose Sis died in the event of a Zombie invasion - she is hard!!! But has heart.

Unfortunately explaining this to OH involved having to explain in quite graphic terms what scissoring is:o

Should have stuck with Merle's brother:o
  • Options
    SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since I find this series to be more about the characters than the zombies themselves, I found the episode very good. I'm not into action, action, action all the time. That's just mindless drivel. Just sayin'. :p
  • Options
    Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squiggle wrote: »
    Since I find this series to be more about the characters than the zombies themselves, I found the episode very good. I'm not into action, action, action all the time. That's just mindless drivel. Just sayin'. :p

I agree, I liked the emotion to last nights episode, espically the part with the sisters. Nexts episode last episode looks great as well.
  • Options
    Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked last nights episode. If anyhting I found episode three to be the weakest so far.
  • Options
    InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From after the last episode
    Did Jim get bitten in the shoulder in that attack?
    I guess the answer was yes he got bitten but not in the shoulder. I could have sworn I saw a zombie take a chunk out of his shoulder.
  • Options
    Ultra MagnusUltra Magnus Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's episode was the weakest by far - not a lot happened.

As I was playing catch-up, I also watched Eps 3 and 4 for the first time - and I couldn't help but notice what looked like a couple of Indiana Jones references:

- In episode 4, Rick just had to get his hat - like Indy does.
    - Which made me think about a scene in episode 3. For some reason they're driving the RV on rail tracks. When they park up Glenn says 'We walk from here.'. Which is exactly what Indy says in the Temple of Doom after the minecart chase - which also takes place on rails.

Is this some kind of in-joke as Frank Darabont wrote some episodes of the Young Indy show? Or am I just seeing something that's not there?
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well spotted. I do believe they may be Indy references.

Frank also wrote the good version of Crystal Skull that George Lucas turned down. But a lot still made it into the final script.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squiggle wrote: »
    Since I find this series to be more about the characters than the zombies themselves,

Yup, that is actually the point...The Walking Dead are the survivors, not the zombies.
  • Options
    00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think its just a more expensive, american version of Survivors?! Think I might be on my own with that one!
    I did quite like Survivors though and they seem to be doing the same sort of things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    For those complaining about the relative lack of zombie action: The comics are much more about the characters than the zombies, so i see no reason why the TV show would be any different. If all you want is zombie killing and minimal plot then i'd say the show probably wont be for you.

Last nights episode was excellent for me, the scene where they left Jim behind was very well done, as was the scene where Amy "came back", and i liked the use of the music from the film 'Sunshine' while they drove to the CDC!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Damn good show this, very strong episode this week.
    This and Mad Men are the best tv this year imo, throw in Breaking Bad and I'm starting to think that AMC are in danger of overtaking HBO.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    made_guy wrote: »
    Damn good show this, very strong episode this week.
    This and Mad Men are the best tv this year imo, throw in Breaking Bad and I'm starting to think that AMC are in danger of overtaking HBO.

And unlike HBO they are on basic cable as well, supported by advertising, the equivalent of Sky 1 or FX over here.

It just shows up how rubbish the BBC, ITV and Sky are over here when with all their resources they can't come up with anything nearly as good as Breaking Bad or Mad Men.

All the programmes worth watching are on U.S. television, usually cable, as well as the ones already mentioned currently showing are Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, Eastbound and Down, The Office, Raising Hope and the Big Bang Theory.

We're showing The Morgana Show, The Impressions Show, Miranda, The Stephen K Amos Show, Garrow's Law, Holby City and about a hundred different reality TV programmes, our TV industry is now as big of a joke as our film industry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found timing in this week's episode a bit ponderous. I was constantly thinking "get on with it". For instance, the bit where one sister had to get rid of the other sister. Don't mean to be heartless but there was too much of a lengthy focus on it.

On its own it wouldn't concern me, but there seemed to be multiple instances of this throughout - dealing with the aftermath of the attack, dealing with the guy who got bitten, deciding to move on, moving on etc etc.

At the end when they reached the research centre, they were like a load of bulls rampaging through the grounds, going "Shh, shh, shh" really loudly, LOL, and then there was this elongated scene where the guy inside was looking at them while they're hammering on the door, and then when he - eventually - OPENS the wretched door, they just all STAND there.

I guess what I'm saying is that one or two of these scenes and I wouldn't be bothered, but the entire plot last night seemed to go this way, so I felt a bit irritated by it.

Anyhow, still enjoying it. And I was surprised that the handless hick brother hasn't stumbled back into the fray yet. Can't wait for that to happen in the expectation that all hell will break loose. Oh, and btw, I'm getting to really like his brother, he's just about the best character in it at the moment. Am I supposed to like him? Weird or what?!:D