Options

person at work -argh

Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
Forum Member
I don't really need advice, just to rant

This lad started working in the same place as me, similar age. We work in a shop so all talk when there is no customers etc.. He is fine, a good guy and we get on with him. He is very OTT and slightly annoying. Its because of his asperges, it gets to me but i put up with it and talk along when i need to and it's not been a problem. Same with the other people that work there, he is annoying but we are all fine and let him fit in and so on.

He was let go when his 3 months probation was up, but this was because of a different matter, he was away for about a month and came back to work with us after an appeal. We all were like nothing happened and carried on. He would talk to me on facebook and i would make conversation etc.. We were friends, just like everyone else who works with us.

He seems to get 'the face on' because i don't want to do things with him outside work, but i am not interested in doing that he is not the type of person i would hang around with normally. He doesn't understand this and thinks i hate him, he has had similar 'do you hate me' conversations with other staff too.

i often get on facebook 'i thought we were friends' and so on, i don't tend to go on chat much anymore but this is what i get.

He has something he enjoys doing, it may be weird to some people but it's what he likes. He has made a youtube channel with many videos on with himself etc.. reviewing this thing. I thought nothing of it, he mentions it often at work.

Someone who i see outside of work mentioned he knows him, we were just talking and i mentioned this thing, didn't think anything of it again.. However him and my other friend do not like each other it turns out and he has searched on youtube and found these videos, not really my problem.

However tonight he popped up on chat again.. saying all sorts of stuff.
Him: do you know what
i hate cowards
so i wont accuse you
but i thought it was you before they told me it was you
so if am wrong [removed]
but if am right
shame on you, all i wanted was to be your friend
guess your friends throw you in the shit
if it was you id rather you just say and say sorry
if it wasnt then am wrong
but i would like to know how they would know i work with you let alone know you if they wasnt your mate

Me: ahhh, i know what you mean, look, i didn't know you wasnt friends, he said he knew you, came up in conversation, i didn't pysically show them anything, whatever you have on there is public, including your name,

Him: do you know what, over the last few years i have managed to make new friends not get bullied and make a good life for me

you have gone on shot that down they wouldnt have found them if not
see if you hate me so much you will be happy to know i have handed my notice in,
i might be anoying at time
i might be ott
but all i ever wanted is to be mates with youl
i guess your just like every other coward
im actually sick to my stomach
and you have nothing to say to that

ARGH. He has handed his notice in because he has a different job with more hours etc..

Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simple. Delete him from your facebook account.
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam D wrote: »

Any advice?

Adding him to your facebook was very stupid. Why do that to someone you barely know or like?
  • Options
    tini canstini cans Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Just de-friend him on Facebook, mate. Easy.

You can even block him as well, so he'll never appear on your Facebook again, and wont be able to contact you.

I've done that to several annoying people who I have had the misfortune to stumble across during my life.

They vanish from your Facebook completely.
  • Options
    Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    As soon as he has left work I shall do that but there are another two weekends with him yet, including this one. He added me on Facebook after a couple of months of working there. He is still going to say I'm all in the wrong, for telling about the videos.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Adam D wrote: »
    As soon as he has left work I shall do that but there are another two weekends with him yet, including this one. He added me on Facebook after a couple of months of working there. He is still going to say I'm all in the wrong, for telling about the videos.

shrug.
  • Options
    Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delete, forget, move on - life's too short to waste time worrying about this. The guy has issues, not your problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Youtube link?
  • Options
    sp2782sp2782 Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Watch the film "Adam" its about a man with aspergers syndrome and might make you realise more what its all about. Then you'll be able to decide whether the behaviour that is upsetting you is part of aspergers, or his personality, and you can then act appropriately.
  • Options
    slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Youtube link?

That would be really cruel.
  • Options
    frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sp2782 wrote: »
    Watch the film "Adam" its about a man with aspergers syndrome and might make you realise more what its all about. Then you'll be able to decide whether the behaviour that is upsetting you is part of aspergers, or his personality, and you can then act appropriately.

Adam is a great film. Watched it a couple of weeks ago after it was on Sky. Recommended. Um, I mean "like!".

This guy just sounds like a dick.

It was a lot easier in my day. If someone annoyed you, you just smacked them in the mouth, I know it's different now. Different, not better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slsls wrote: »

:( Why not though?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it wouldn't. If the guy is posting videos he wants to be noticed.

He isn't ashamed of what he has done, he just wants to use the encounter with the third party as an excuse to make the OP feel guilty.

It's like when you throw a cat into a bath. It'll grab at anything to get out.

There's no angst or real emotion being engaged here. It's just a selfish little prick trying to guilt a decent, if naive, person into jumping through hoops for their amusement.

In an ideal world we'd just leave them on an island for six months and see which one survived to the end.
  • Options
    slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it wouldn't. If the guy is posting videos he wants to be noticed.

He isn't ashamed of what he has done, he just wants to use the encounter with the third party as an excuse to make the OP feel guilty.

It's like when you throw a cat into a bath. It'll grab at anything to get out.

There's no angst or real emotion being engaged here. It's just a selfish little prick trying to guilt a decent, if naive, person into jumping through hoops for their amusement.

In an ideal world we'd just leave them on an island for six months and see which one survived to the end.

No, I'm sorry, posting a link on the biggest forum in the UK to mock somebody is just plain wrong. If you want that shit go to 4Chan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I'm sorry, posting a link on the biggest forum in the UK to mock somebody is just plain wrong. If you want that shit go to 4Chan.

Do they have a link?