Toy Story

Toy Story 2

Toy Story 3

Nice:)
  • Options
    IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    My word, lovely screenshots, thanks. :D

I now have all three Toy Story films on blu-ray, and they look stunning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never bought an animation on blu-ray this will probably be my first. Do thy fill the whole screen?
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never bought an animation on blu-ray this will probably be my first. Do thy fill the whole screen?

Yes, it's in 1.78:1, so no black borders
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Whilst not quite up to the PQ of Toy Story 3 I would also recommed Mosters Inc on Blu Ray, it looks beautiful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WALL-E is also excellent. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iggyman wrote: »
    WALL-E is also excellent. :)

Was never a fan of Wall-E always liked Toy Story films but never saw 3 for some reason. Wall-E really bored me I don't know why
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I loved WALL-E, but in this case I was commenting on the image quality on the Blu-ray disc. :)
  • Options
    MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    UP has very good blu ray image quality as well. Although Toy Story 3 almost burns your retinas it is so stunning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Toy Story looks amazing too, especially given that it was released 15 years ago.

And, as I think i mentioned earlier, Toy Story 2 is stunning as well.

Hell, why not just buy every Pixar film on Blu-ray as they'll all look stunning. :D
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Some Toy Story Blu-ray screenshots

Toy Story

Toy Story 2

Toy Story 3

look prettty good!!
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want all 3 on Blu-ray but there's no way they won't release some kind of special set maybe even as soon as next year. The trilogy set has no extras on it, none what you would expect for something as special as this anyway. Will just rent Toy Story 3 (or, I should say, the amazing Toy Story 3!) then get that uber-set when it comes!

Anyone wondering why Pixar's Blu-ray releases look so amazing should take note that this is due to Disney's involvement. For some reason (who knows, maybe the people working on the, actually care) Disney produce the best Blu-rays out there. If it's Disney you know it's gonna look and sound fantastic. This includes TV shows like Lost, which was made by the Disney-owned ABC. These are the kind of Blu-rays that make your jaw hit the floor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I want all 3 on Blu-ray but there's no way they won't release some kind of special set maybe even as soon as next year. The trilogy set has no extras on it, none what you would expect for something as special as this anyway. Will just rent Toy Story 3 (or, I should say, the amazing Toy Story 3!) then get that uber-set when it comes!

The individual releases have loads of extras - there's even two commentary tracks on TS2 and TS3, plenty of interviews, etc.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    Where's the 2nd commentary on TS2? I have the UK BD and thought it only had 1?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry, my bad - only TS3 has two commentary tracks.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want all 3 on Blu-ray but there's no way they won't release some kind of special set maybe even as soon as next year. The trilogy set has no extras on it, none what you would expect for something as special as this anyway.

It does have extras, though... :confused:
  • Options
    helloshirleyhelloshirley Posts: 193
    Forum Member

Anyone wondering why Pixar's Blu-ray releases look so amazing should take note that this is due to Disney's involvement. For some reason (who knows, maybe the people working on the, actually care) Disney produce the best Blu-rays out there. If it's Disney you know it's gonna look and sound fantastic. This includes TV shows like Lost, which was made by the Disney-owned ABC. These are the kind of Blu-rays that make your jaw hit the floor.

The extras are on the Blurays themselves.
    Just because there are no bonus discs does not mean there are no extras.
    All the dvd extras and the movie easily fit on a single Bluray.

Pixar movies look good because they are computer generated digital films that can be transferred to Bluray in pretty much the same quality as they are at their best .
    Unlike regular movies there is no need to make transfers from 35mm film .
    Modern shows like Lost are all made with HD in mind so they are always going to look as good as Bluray can be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched Toy Story 1 & 2 today, from the trilogy box set.

Both looked absolutely STUNNING.

And, as mentioned, they have extras. Each one has the DVD version's extras, plus other ones labelled as "New" (which I guess were new ones for the BDs).

Toy Story 3, from the trilogy box, has two discs. Movie+Extras on disc 1, *more* extras on disc 2. Watching it tomorrow.
  • Options
    Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched this on Blu-ray, I missed it at the cinema. Stunning picture quality and animation, but for all the bells and whistles, these films are nothing without a good story and sharp script. Thankfully, this 3rd (and I hope, last) installation has it all, in bucketloads. Certainly the funniest, and also the most moving of the trilogy. 10/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Does any one know if we'll be getting an all singing, all dancing trilogy box set rather than the one that's currently available?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's wrong with the one currently available?

As mentioned, each movie within the current trilogy box *does* have plenty of extras.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't see the point in waiting, just buy what's available now - there's loads of extras on the current blu-ray disc(s) for each film.

I'm getting a sense of deja vu with this thread ...........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    What's wrong with the one currently available?

As mentioned, each movie within the current trilogy box *does* have plenty of extras.

I have "The Ultimate Toy Box" on DVD so I want to be sure I have a comparable alternative if I'm buying two of the films again. I'd hate to buy the current set only to find that in 6 months time exactly what I want is released plus this set only includes the single disc edition of Toy Story 3. Looks like I'll be sticking with my current set.

And yes Iggyman, you probably have deja vu.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fat_bob wrote: »
    I have "The Ultimate Toy Box" on DVD so I want to be sure I have a comparable alternative if I'm buying two of the films again. I'd hate to buy the current set only to find that in 6 months time exactly what I want is released plus this set only includes the single disc edition of Toy Story 3. Looks like I'll be sticking with my current set.

This set does not only include the single disc edition of Toy Story 3...
    I watched Toy Story 1 & 2 today, from the trilogy box set.

Both looked absolutely STUNNING.

And, as mentioned, they have extras. Each one has the DVD version's extras, plus other ones labelled as "New" (which I guess were new ones for the BDs).

Toy Story 3, from the trilogy box, has two discs. Movie+Extras on disc 1, *more* extras on disc 2. Watching it tomorrow.
  • Options
    grahamcrowdengrahamcrowden Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fat_bob wrote: »

The extras from the Ulitmate Toy Box dvd's are all on the Blurays with more.
    I have the US dvd set which had more than the UK dvd but from my casual browse the UK Blu has it all too.