Options

Rebecca was so OUT OF TUNE in the 1st song

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
Forum Member
I think that the judges got carried away with their positive comments just because the song was uptempo and they are desperate to show that she is more than a 1 dimensional performer

Comments

• Options
    Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was the performance of the night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 dimensional performer? Has popular music made us immune to talent :confused::rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    they get carried away every week after week giving her praise for the same performance. Tehy never comment on the absolute lack of range in her voice
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Her first performance of the night has been the only time I have enjoyed listening to her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celine dion has a limited vocal range as well. Didn't cause her any problems :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elleb wrote: »
    I think that the judges got carried away with their positive comments just because the song was uptempo and they are desperate to show that she is more than a 1 dimensional performer

Were you on drugs? :confused::confused::confused:She wasn't out of tune at all.

I bet you think Wagner's note perfect.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You started your first ever thread with nonsense like that?
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca can go out of tune on occasion but I thought her first performance was outstanding. Performers like Cheryl Cole etc can mime and be autotuned all they like, they will never have the beautiful tone that Rebecca has.
  • Options
    pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Rubbish,it was a fantastic performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    her and matt were the only ones who weren't out of tune all night

you may not like her voice but she can certainly sing (unlike mary or cher)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the rather vapid song suited her rather vapid vocals. It was proper 'clubby' and deffo one of her best on the X Factor.
  • Options
    lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Just watching all of the performances! I LOVE Robin S' version and you're right, Rebecca was so out before the music came in! Oh dear!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    true, rebecca was out of tune at times, and she barely moved despite the upbeat performance. She's still one of the best of a mediocre bunch though.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elleb wrote: »

Monumental fail. :cool:
  • Options
    MiHMiH Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was easily the best performance of the night IMO.
  • Options
    jonnyjackovjonnyjackov Posts: 2,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't wish to be rude op, but you are talking rubbish.

I am a singer, and if thought it was a great performance.

At what point was she out of tune? Maybe you need to clear the potatoes out your ears:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was good (not flawless, good) but she was out of tune at some points. There is no point in pretending it was flawless because it's live and will occasionally go a bit.. iffy but it was still one of her best performances. I agree about her not moving (not saying it matters) though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her first performance of the night has been the only time I have enjoyed listening to her!

me too and, whilst I like the girl, I have always criticised the fact that she is hit and miss when it comes to tuning. I actually thought her first song has been by far her best performance all series but her second song was awful. I am not a fan of "amazing grace" though at the best of times
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 dimensional performer? Has popular music made us immune to talent :confused::rolleyes:

I don't know. Has it? Oh wait, it's called an opinion but I forgot, it's illegal to have a negative opinion of Rebecca.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know. Has it? Oh wait, it's called an opinion but I forgot, it's illegal to have a negative opinion of Rebecca.

She's immensely talented. There's nothing to discuss.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, was out of tune. Also she doesn't have enough variation in her voice - though she isn't the only one his year like that. It doesn't have to all be at the same volume with a few shouty bits, she should be able to sing softly too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I am not sure if she was out of tune but I thought she pulled it off great, when I heard they were going to be doing some club classics I was :eek: but that was probably one of my favourite performances of the series, really enjoyable. She sang it well.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what does your Hearing Dog think?
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was one bit where she was out of tune, but most of it was fine.

And it doesn't really matter, it was still a fantastic performance - easily the best of the night. :cool:

The staging was superb too - credit to Brian Friedman where it's due. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    It's very difficult and takes an awful lot of training to extend your vocal range. If you try and sing outside your range, your voice just sounds shouty and you will either go out of tune, or sound like you are shouting. Rebecca doesn't do this. She stays within her range and imo she is a mezzo soprano, which is a good range for a pop singer.

She didn't go out of tune last night in either song. Her tuning was immaculate as was her breathing. The only thing I think she needs to work on is her tone, as sometimes on the softer notes, you can hear her Liverpool accent.