Options

Never buying from Marks and Spencer again (Resalable condition)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it sounds really odd. we have never had any problem returning stuff to M&S.

had you taken the tags off the jumpers?
  • Options
    The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member
    it sounds really odd. we have never had any problem returning stuff to M&S.

had you taken the tags off the jumpers?

She says she's put it on a filthy settee/sofa/chais longe depending on your poshiness and it was covered in fluff god knows what from.

Now if I wanted M&S to resell that, I'd shop elsewhere.

Ughhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Shops shouldn't have to tell the customers to return the garment in the condition they bought it in.

You wouldn't believe the state people bring things back in. It's pretty common for people to bring things back stinking of smoke or spices and expecting a refund. No way.
  • Options
    FlufanFlufan Posts: 2,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moany Liza wrote: »
    One of these

That's apparently "Chaise_Longue_in_White_Leather.jpg" - as strange an example of "white" as some of the "chav" qualities in that quiz!
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    TYCO wrote: »
    Shops shouldn't have to tell the customers to return the garment in the condition they bought it in.

You wouldn't believe the state people bring things back in. It's pretty common for people to bring things back stinking of smoke or spices and expecting a refund. No way.

There's nothing I hate more than having a customer returning a item of clothing that stinks of cigarette smoke or cooking.
  • Options
    debailey72debailey72 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    There's nothing I hate more than having a customer returning a item of clothing that stinks of cigarette smoke or cooking.
    Or dead skin. I had that when I worked in a womens clothes shop. A girl tried to bring back a pair of velvet trousers with dead skin around the waistband.

I refused to take them back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cribology wrote: »
    Its still lost, I am not going to wear it or go through the effort of selling it, that said I could have left it at a charity shop. But it's to late now.

If you'd taken it Oxfam, they'd have given you a £5 M&S voucher. :D
  • Options
    Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flufan wrote: »
    That's apparently "Chaise_Longue_in_White_Leather.jpg" - as strange an example of "white" as some of the "chav" qualities in that quiz!

Surely it's beige..... or taupe!!! :p:D
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vixen wrote: »
    She says she's put it on a filthy settee/sofa/chais longe depending on your poshiness and it was covered in fluff god knows what from.

Now if I wanted M&S to resell that, I'd shop elsewhere.

Ughhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in tears of laughter reading this, it's brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    cribology wrote: »
    I do now I went back to check.

What time was it when you did that? Without looking back for the times of your posts ... :)
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    debailey72 wrote: »
    Or dead skin. I had that when I worked in a womens clothes shop. A girl tried to bring back a pair of velvet trousers with dead skin around the waistband.

That's just disgusting :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    debailey72 wrote: »

My first concern is that she bought velvet trousers, but the waist band, BLEURG.
    Should have sent her to a dermatologist :eek:
  • Options
    TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Covered in fluff balls from a "settie" - yuck, your house must be filthy.

I did have to stop myself from sniggering at another customer in M&S recently when they were refused a refund - the item they were trying to return was *stinking* of cigarettes. The member of staff caught the smell and refused the refund as it was unsellable.

Tantrum occurred, but no refund was forthcoming - she too stormed out leaving the item saying she was going to phone Watchdog.
  • Options
    LysandarLysandar Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Marks.
    I bought a shirt, £25, yesterday and asked the very nice cashier if it would be alright if, after trying it on at home and it didn't fit to my satisfaction, could I please bring it back for a refund.
    I was concerned because the shirt was all done up in complicated packing etc.
    She said "Certainly, sir, you have until the 15./1/2011, to do so if you wish. Have a nice day"
    My collar size is always a bit iffy, but this time, the shirt fitted perfectly.
    I shall wear it to my firm's Christmas lunch.
    It's a lovely shirt.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    You do sound chavy to me, if you refer to your sofa as a settie then you are a chav. If it had bubbling on it then it's obviously not resalable and how else would it get that way if it hadn't been worn.

I call a sofa a settee and I'm not chavvy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »

I say settee too but now I'm starting to get paranoid! To me, sofa sounds really downmarket, though...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    I really feel for the OP.

I can't believe that M&S refused to take back the pants I bought for my OH . It was only a teeny little skid mark and it wasn't his fault he b*ggered up the elastic trying them on when they were 4 sizes too small :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lysandar wrote: »
    I love Marks.
    I bought a shirt, £25, yesterday and asked the very nice cashier if it would be alright if, after trying it on at home and it didn't fit to my satisfaction, could I please bring it back for a refund.
    I was concerned because the shirt was all done up in complicated packing etc.
    She said "Certainly, sir, you have until the 15./1/2011, to do so if you wish. Have a nice day"
    My collar size is always a bit iffy, but this time, the shirt fitted perfectly.
    I shall wear it to my firm's Christmas lunch.
    It's a lovely shirt.

Well if you're wearing it I hope you don't take it back (especially if you have a furball sofa/settee) :eek:;)
  • Options
    Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fred Green wrote: »
    I say settee too but now I'm starting to get paranoid! To me, sofa sounds really downmarket, though...

Whatever happened to couch? :(
  • Options
    LysandarLysandar Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose Budd wrote: »
    Well if you're wearing it I hope you don't take it back (especially if you have a furball sofa/settee) :eek:;)

Of course not.
    It's a lovely striped shirt.
    Anyway, it will most probably have lipstick stains on it, or even worse, given it's the firm's Christmas do.
    I can't believe some people refer to a sofa as a settee.
    How common.
    Incredible.
    :p
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Covered in fluff balls from a "settie" - yuck, your house must be filthy.

I did have to stop myself from sniggering at another customer in M&S recently when they were refused a refund - the item they were trying to return was *stinking* of cigarettes. The member of staff caught the smell and refused the refund as it was unsellable.

Tantrum occurred, but no refund was forthcoming - she too stormed out leaving the item saying she was going to phone Watchdog.

How do we know that the customer you saw wasn't the OP !!:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I say couch. Am a right northern bastud tho.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you need to buy a new sofa that isn't full of fluff balls.
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    Seems to be the case, returning goods that have been bobbled and have little bobbles all over them is not on as they are not re-saleable. This couldn't happen just from a sofa, the OP has obviously just not got away with the usual wear it and take it back the next day stunt that people do.

Isn't that obvious? they don't have to print everything on the receipt do they?

You are why McDonalds have 'caution hot' printed on hot drink containers.
    Don't agree with your chavvy definition :D but agree with this.
    TYCO wrote: »

And this.
  • Options
    bet lynchbet lynch Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isnt it just about which part of the country you are from whether you reffer to it as a sofa or a settee ? its a settee where I come from and we also say living room instead of lounge ! ( either way , I assume both deffinitions would appear 'common' to a person with a parlour !! ):D