✭✭
    Seven steps to Hell
    Step 1 Teasing, name calling, jokes
    Step 2 Verbal bullying, harassment, abuse, graffiti
    Step 3 Physical bullying, bricks through windows
    Step 4 Organised discrimination, denial of rights, no voting
    Step 5 Separation, living apart, having to carry identity cards
    Step 6 Violence, street attacks, police do nothing, destruction of homes
    Step 7 Mass murder, organised killing, Genocide.
  • Options
    hypervisorhypervisor Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    My reply is to Cantona.

but its a forum and i posted a response which you cannot answer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ddj wrote: »
    Seven steps to Hell

wheres this from the daily mail:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Me thinks it is you who is on the back foot.

You do not seem to be able to answer my question except by pre empting my next question. :confused:

I say to you that FB should not be making 'jokes' at the expense of a child that he would not make about his own children.

I was pre-empting it because it was painfully obvious the direction you were going.

He will make jokes on a range of material. The insinuation seems to be that he picks on the vulnerable in particular and that is not so.

You are asking the impossible however to expect me to say that he would make that same joke about his own child because it is not a directly comparable joke in the same way that if he made a joke about a blind man you would say "he wouldnt make that joke about his relative...ah ha exactly" only because he has no blind relatives.

The over-riding factor is that everyone is a potential target.
  • Options
    ddjddj Posts: 542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hypervisor wrote: »
    so 2 of them both under 18 laughing at him in a theatre have no right to laugh because there thick:rolleyes:

Unless you work or have regular contact with the disabled please do not speak for them. i find it very offensive that you are calling them thick for been disabled and they wont understand for that reason:mad:

Of course they have a right to laugh and I'm not calling them 'thick'. Do you not understand anything about people with learning difficulties? And I have every right to speak about disabled people and I know very well what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I was pre-empting it because it was painfully obvious the direction you were going.

He will make jokes on a range of material. The insinuation seems to be that he picks on the vulnerable in particular and that is not so.

You are asking the impossible however to expect me to say that he would make that same joke about his own child because it is not a directly comparable joke in the same way that if he made a joke about a blind man you would say "he wouldnt make that joke about his relative...ah ha exactly" only because he has no blind relatives.

The over-riding factor is that everyone is a potential target.

its a shame that not everyone has an open mind like yourself, i think some people just want to be popular with others
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can an FB fan, or anyone who laughed at the joke, explain to this ignorant sod (me) from where the humour derives? The idea of the disabled kid trying to rape his mum? Is the rape funny, or the disability? Or the combination of the two? Or is it just Harvey trying to rape Jordan that's funny?

Since Frankie's apparently so brave and edgy it would be nice to see one of his fans have the balls to at least come out and say 'I find the idea of a disabled kid trying to rape his mum funny'. I wonder why no one has yet?
    its a shame that not everyone has an open mind like yourself, i think some people just want to be popular with others

I think that's a load of presumptuous nonsense and a very cheap way of dismissing people for having different moral standards than your own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course they have a right to laugh and I'm not calling them 'thick'. Do you not understand anything about people with learning difficulties? And I have every right to speak about disabled people and I know very well what I'm talking about.

if you had any dealings with disabled people then you would no that they make fun of themselves more than any comedian
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seven steps to Hell

That is completely ridiculous.

It is as logical as

3 steps to war.

Grow a Charlie Chaplin moustache
    Lose a testicle
    Invade Poland

Ergo growing a moustache or losing a testicle inevitably leads to invading a country.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quick .. someone pull me back up .. i fell off the bandwagon :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Can an FB fan, or anyone who laughed at the joke, explain to this ignorant sod (me) from where the humour derives? The idea of the disabled kid trying to rape his mum? Is the rape funny, or the disability? Or the combination of the two? Or is it just Harvey trying to rape Jordan that's funny?

Since Frankie's apparently so brave and edgy it would be nice to see one of his fans have the balls to at least come out and say 'I find the idea of a disabled kid trying to rape his mum funny'. I wonder why no one has yet?

I think that's a load of presumptuous nonsense and a very cheap way of dismissing people for having different moral standards than your own.

because people would get banned for trying to say anything because the FB bandwagon of hate would press the alert button so fast then i would get banned before i finshed posting
  • Options
    Forum Member

I didnt find the joke particularly funny but that really isnt the issue.

Its the permarage of the people who would not watch the progamme because it would offend them yet feel the need to become hugely offended anyway.

I have had "the balls" to defend FB on here in what i consider to be a reasonable fashion and would be happy to answer any questions if it helps you understand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you had any dealings with disabled people then you would no that they make fun of themselves more than any comedian

Physically disabled people who don't have learning difficulties of course understand jokes, I've never said they don't. But those with learning difficulties (moderate to severe as in the case of Harvey) are unlikely to understand most jokes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but you don't speak for all disabled people. Many of those who have had a lifetime of being bullied, belittled and marginalised do not appreciate jokes at their expense.
    because people would get banned for trying to say anything because the FB bandwagon of hate would press the alert button so fast then i would get banned before i finshed posting

I don't know...I don't think expressing an opinion like that would technically be in violation of any of the DS rules.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is completely ridiculous.

It is as logical as

3 steps to war.

Grow a Charlie Chaplin moustache
    Lose a testicle
    Invade Poland

Ergo growing a moustache or losing a testicle inevitably leads to invading a country.

Read up on your history then you might understand the implications of the Seven Steps to Hell.
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's called hyperbole. It's funny because of how ridicolous it is, not the situation per se.

Plus that's tame compared to some of the stuff I've laughed at.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't know...I don't think expressing an opinion like that would technically be in violation of any of the DS rules.

course it would be it could cause offense.

try sickipedia it has loads of joke there.

my point is this joke has been told for over a year but only now is it a problem
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    It's called hyperbole. It's funny because of how ridicolous it is, not the situation per se.

So it is purely the shock value, basically?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read up on your history then you might understand the implications of the Seven Steps to Hell.

so its proven then??? what about the bible i dont remember the bible saying you'll go to hell for owning a personal id card:rolleyes:
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You would only get banned if you broke the DS T's & C's.
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it is purely the shock value, basically?

It isn't the fact that it was intended to shock people that makes it funny, like I said it was the ridiculousness.
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    course it would be it could cause offense.

try sickipedia it has loads of joke there.

my point is this joke has been told for over a year but only now is it a problem

O, so he keeps repeating the same 'jokes' does he. Are you saying he has been telling this 'joke' about Harvey for the past year. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt find the joke particularly funny but that really isnt the issue.

Its the permarage of the people who would not watch the progamme because it would offend them yet feel the need to become hugely offended anyway.

I have had "the balls" to defend FB on here in what i consider to be a reasonable fashion and would be happy to answer any questions if it helps you understand.

Let's give you a Frankie Boyle medal for defending his right to tell sick jokes about a learning disabled children and your right to laugh at sick jokes regardless of whose feelings they might hurt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You would only get banned if you broke the DS T's & C's.

yeah any one of them is not to post offensive material.

Christ 90% of the showbiz forum member would hit the alert button asap, some would hit the alert button after i get banned just because they like jumping onto any bandwagon to make themselves feel part of something
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Seven steps to Hell

oh FFS....

when's the last time you left your house/cell matey?!? :D