Options

Misfits is absolutely atrocious lol!

Comments

• Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    No Skins this year due to the movie coming out tying up loose end of the last cast. Then a new cast next year. :)

I don't get paid for this btw

[/hint] :D

Joni M- you might hate Skins for being not supernatural but it was occasionally well scripted, if not well acted :o

I enjoyed the first series, but the series with the new actors seemed too childish. I couldn't get into it.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    I enjoyed the first series, but the series with the new actors seemed too childish. I couldn't get into it.

The last series was superb, if a little silly, as it had a really good running storyline. Season three wasn't great even though (forgive me) Josie Long was involved in the script writing process :o:(
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    The last series was superb, if a little silly, as it had a really good running storyline. Season three wasn't great even though (forgive me) Josie Long was involved in the script writing process :o:(

I think I just felt a little too old to be watching it... so I didn't, mostly :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misfits is the best show on uk tv atm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the start of one episode and thought 'this might be good' but it turned out to be a load of crap about zombies and monsters so I turned it off. Thanks for crediting me with having the intelligence to understand something that isn't all about zombies, Channel 4!
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Potholderz wrote: »
    I saw the start of one episode and thought 'this might be good' but it turned out to be a load of crap about zombies and monsters so I turned it off. Thanks for crediting me with having the intelligence to understand something that isn't all about zombies, Channel 4!

It isn't :)
  • Options
    Kittycat73Kittycat73 Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Misfits! I must admit I preferred series 1. Nathan is the the star though, by far. :p:D
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Potholderz wrote: »

I watched the first episode and thought 'oh, this looks good' and it was.............but one episode was enough

I'm just getting very bored with normal telly..........I can't get into any series, I always give them up after an episode or two.........same with comedies

I think maybe the point is that I just want things on in the background whilst I'm on the computer.........so i don't watch things that you have to pay any attention to..........:D
  • Options
    FlyWhoBuggedMeFlyWhoBuggedMe Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    It's well scripted with a decent plot and realistic dialogue. Lauren Socha, Robert Sheehan and Iwan Rheon are particularly good in it. :)

If you don't like it then switch over :p

Its like 'The Endz' but with a smaller budget. :D

Decent cast, no way, inadequate cast with no redeeming features would be more apt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    It's nothing like Skins, so that lazy comparison needs to be put to rest. So, it's about a bunch of teenagers....'zomg it must be skins mark 2' er no.

Well written, well acted, different to a lot of the stuff on tv at the moment. I feel for you if you don't 'get it' because genuinely, you're missing out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    op... no it's not lol
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Your opinion is so wrong it's appalling. The UK finally has a science fiction drama it can be proud of.
    But seeing that awfulness like doctor who , boring repetitive unimaginative tripe like downtown abby and stupid reality tele are the britsh public's most popular shows I can see why a clever and entertaining show like this won't be appreciated so much.
  • Options
    angelbabyxangelbabyx Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah i watched 1st ep, didn't like it, watched no further.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    masterquan wrote: »
    Your opinion is so wrong it's appalling. The UK finally has a science fiction drama it can be proud of.
    But seeing that awfulness like doctor who , boring repetitive unimaginative tripe like downtown abby and stupid reality tele are the britsh public's most popular shows I can see why a clever and entertaining show like this won't be appreciated so much.

Er, these are also very very decent shows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    I love Misfits! Its one of the best shows on tv imo. I can see why people would compare it to Skins, but it is quite different. The only similarities really are that they're both about a group of teenagers, all acted by young (pretty unknown) actors/actresses.
    I love Skins, but I think Misfits is better. It just manages to suprise me with every episode. I'll admit the last episode wasn't the best (probably my least favourite of Series 1 and 2) but it still has the humour and the well thought out plots that all the eps have. The acting is great - and for me has significantly improved throughout series 1 and 2. The writing is great too, as is the directing and cinematography.

Its one of those programmes that I literally don't know whats going to happen while watching an episode. For example the last episode featured a man whose 'power' was to turn into a gorilla. It just came completely out of nowhere and although I didn't really like the plot, it still had me guessing all the way through :D
  • Options
    ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nuartey1 wrote: »
    It's actually rubbish! One of the girls in it used to go to my hairdressers. Sad, that she's ended up in this crap.:o

What a tacky, silly show with some seriously bad acting and sex scenes that aren't sexy. :eek::o

It's an E4 show. 'Nuff said. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an E4 show. 'Nuff said. ;)
    how about an educated reply rather than, "Nuff said" :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    b1zzer wrote: »
    how about an educated reply rather than, "Nuff said" :rolleyes:

Given the level of criticism from the Anti-Misfits side, I think you're asking for the moon on a stick, it's the 4" brush school of criticism.

I like the show, I'm not a huge fan or anything, that said I've downloaded episode 4 because I missed it.
    I find Nathan highly annoying, but you don't need to like a character to watch them.
    I was rather hoping they'd couple him and Lauren Socha together so he'd stop being so annoying :)
    I've never watched Skins, X factor or Strictly etc, not sure what that implies though, it's just an aside.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the level of criticism from the Anti-Misfits side, I think you're asking for the moon on a stick, it's the 4" brush school of criticism.

I like the show, I'm not a huge fan or anything, that said I've downloaded episode 4 because I missed it.
    I find Nathan highly annoying, but you don't need to like a character to watch them.
    I was rather hoping they'd couple him and Lauren Socha together so he'd stop being so annoying :)
    I've never watched Skins, X factor or Strictly etc, not sure what that implies though, it's just an aside.

agreed Nathan annoys the bejeezus outta me, but its part of the attraction . Skins is ok , don't watch x factor, or strictly just doesn't appeal..bur I wouldn't label them atrocious, as the OP likes to throw the term about

got my stick , where's the moon?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    b1zzer wrote: »
    agreed Nathan annoys the bejeezus outta me, but its part of the attraction . Skins is ok , don't watch x factor, or strictly just doesn't appeal..bur I wouldn't label them atrocious, as the OP likes to throw the term about

got my stick , where's the moon?

Just watched episode 4, that was very good.
    Downloading episode 5 now, sounds better on the PC with the sub and speakers, looks better on the monitor too.

Just reminded me what I like about this show, doesn't go where you expect it to, it's all out of left field.
    Apart from two of the characters getting together, well on their way to it, but their attraction was telegraphed ages ago.

Every episode is an interesting little ride, don't know where it's going, what it's point is, if it even has one, just an entertaining ride IMO.

Just Googled The Acme Corporation in relation to the Moon on a stick product.
    Apparently it's been withdrawn from sale due to legal wrangles over usage of 'on a stick'
    The Man from Del Monte owns the rights to 'on a stick' from Cheese and Pineapple 'on a stick'
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its one of the best British dramas of the last 10 years in my opinion. Wipes the floor with the REALLY atrocious Heroes... And it doesn't even have half the budget of that show!

Its silly but its meant to be silly... Its a comic book series... Slap bang in your face but it never takes itself too seriously. Fabulous
  • Options
    Caligula75Caligula75 Posts: 1,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bloody love this show!!

Never in my life have I gleefully anticipated a telly show like this one. I want the box set for Christmas so that I can enjoy the characters, the story, the music, the cinematography, the dialogue over and over again.

I don't watch XFactor or any of the shows that the 'sheep' appear to enjoy. In fact, my idea of Tv heaven would be a murder mystery on ITV3...I'm not part of the E4 demographics and I hate Doctor Who and anything remotely sci-fi....

YET, I love Misfits. I think the writer is a genius. And for the record, I think the gorilla was brillant.
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caligula75 wrote: »

YET, I love Misfits. I think the writer is a genius. And for the record, I think the gorilla was brillant.

I loved Nathan's line in that scene... "Why is that gorilla in a gorilla costume?"

LOL
    :D

I love how unsentimental this show is... The perfect antidote to all this emo-Twilight-Justin-Bieber loving shite thats around in popular culture at the moment.
  • Options
    Caligula75Caligula75 Posts: 1,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lala wrote: »
    I love how unsentimental this show is... The perfect antidote to all this emo-Twilight-Justin-Bieber loving shite thats around in popular culture at the moment.

The 'romance' in the show is completely unexpected. Kelly and Nathan don't get it on. Alisha and Curtis just fade out - no drama or hysteria. And we've still got to see how they'll pull off Simon and Alisha. I'm confident it won't be some cheesy, happily ever after fairy tale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lala wrote: »
    Its one of the best British dramas of the last 10 years in my opinion. Wipes the floor with the REALLY atrocious Heroes... And it doesn't even have half the budget of that show!

Its silly but its meant to be silly... Its a comic book series... Slap bang in your face but it never takes itself too seriously. Fabulous

Heroes problem wasn't the budget, it's down to the writing IMO.
    Budget's got nothing to do with it.
    Same with Flash Forward too IMO, stopped caring what was going on and stopped watching.

I really liked Heroes, but lost track of it with jumping around in time and Sylar being the only game in town for ages.
    Is that still going btw?

Sounds like Episode 5 continues the entertaining left field ride with this Gorilla business.

Oh as an aside, the 'coming up/next episode' thing on Misfits seems to be following the same annoying pattern as seen elsewhere.
    Gives away far too much of the plot points IMO.
    I don't want to know anything useful about the plot that happens after the first 5 minutes of the next episode.
    I want it all to unfold in front of me, don't care if the clips are taken out of context, so it's misleading as to what's going to happen, even better if it's misleading IMO.