Options

The Vampire Diaries Season 2 UK

Comments

• Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blemished wrote: »

Natalie I also want Jeremy and Bonnie together. They're quite cute. :) Although I honestly didn't realise that Jeremy is only sixteen!? I forget that most of them are still in high school, they all seem older.

Still can't wait to see what the almighty Klaus looks like.

yeah you do tend to forget how young most of the characters are supposed to be, especially as they dont actually ever seem to be in school anymore :D

Im hoping Klaus is going to be a fine specimen of a man, surely if he is that important he needs to be :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is Ian Somerhalder's 32nd birthday today so Im off to wish him a happy birthday on twitter :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hera wrote: »
    If this programme was made 40 years ago, then Klaus would be some ugly & scary looking fella but in the 21st Century, we say hello to sexy ass bad vampires. :D
    natalie77 wrote: »
    yeah you do tend to forget how young most of the characters are supposed to be, especially as they dont actually ever seem to be in school anymore :D

Im hoping Klaus is going to be a fine specimen of a man, surely if he is that important he needs to be :D

That's true and I hope he's good looking too. :o;) I can't think of any vampires we've seen so far that aren't gorgeous. Elijah isn't my type but I appreciate he's a good looking fella.
    It is Ian Somerhalder's 32nd birthday today so Im off to wish him a happy birthday on twitter :D

Thanks for reminding me! I tweet him every now and again in the hope that he'll reply but alas I don't think it's going to happen. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for reminding me! I tweet him every now and again in the hope that he'll reply but alas I don't think it's going to happen. :p

No problem Ive got some replies from celebs on twitter before but I think I would be on cloud nine if I got a reply from Ian :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Happy Birthday to Ian. :):D I don't have a twitter account so i'll say Happy Birthday to him on this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive just read a spoiler about Stefan & Katherine having sex whilst they are stuck in the cave :eek: looks like he might be there a while then if he ends up giving into temptation :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian’s birthday wishes are trending on twitter in the US - wow that guy has a lot of fans wishing him a happy birthday :D
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise wrote: »
    I never understood the need for ugly vampires, if you are going to turn someone then you would pick appealing ones to spend eternity with lol. Vampires are also supposed to be sexual in my mind, they prey on the neck mainly, an erogenous zone and often seduce their prey. Suppose we all have different ideas of what they should be.
    Well the problem is that Vampires sired hundreds of years ago (or even 50 years ago) come from an age before Orthodontics, toothpaste, men's facials, good diets, plastic surgeons, gyms and so on (though they had less junk food and good honest work). Plus the fact that average height has grown significantly over the centuries.

Logically* therefore as vampires get older (as in they were created further back in history) they should become shorter and have less teeth and worse complexions because by the time they were created they would probably be in worse shape (perhaps even throw in some rickets or the like to deform their skeletons). Even if you wanted to choose the most appealing ones there might not be a great choice.

Plus of course what a centuries old vampire considers appealing might be quite different to what American TV executives and audiences now consider appealing. A vampire looking for a drop dead gorgeous woman at certain times in history (and in certain cultures) might aim for one with a large backside, huge hands, abundant body hair and the ability to lift a cow (I agree with them on one of those). The stick insects that populate so many modern shows could have been seen as very poor stock who were good for nothing.

Cleopatra was (apparently) considered a beauty of her time, but arts works that have been discovered and attributed to be of her show a rather plain woman with a flat face and large nose. Tastes change.

Granted though, some of these things could be sorted out when they become available and tastes change, so very old vampires could have false teeth and be caked in make-up to cover the pox scars.

[If vampires were really old, say thousands of years old, there is also the question of ethnicity too of course]

* Yes I know I'm arguing logic when discussing vampires...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    So watched last nights ep...hmmmm when DID Jeremy grow up?? What will Stefan do to aleviate (?) boredom in the tomb and of course OMG how gorgeous is Damon!!!!
    So cant wait for next week.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive just read a spoiler about Stefan & Katherine having sex whilst they are stuck in the cave :eek: looks like he might be there a while then if he ends up giving into temptation :D

:eek:

Was it a true spoiler? If so I really wish I hadn't been tempted :eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Well the problem is that Vampires sired hundreds of years ago (or even 50 years ago) come from an age before Orthodontics, toothpaste, men's facials, good diets, plastic surgeons, gyms and so on (though they had less junk food and good honest work). Plus the fact that average height has grown significantly over the centuries.

Logically* therefore as vampires get older (as in they were created further back in history) they should become shorter and have less teeth and worse complexions because by the time they were created they would probably be in worse shape (perhaps even throw in some rickets or the like to deform their skeletons). Even if you wanted to choose the most appealing ones there might not be a great choice.

Plus of course what a centuries old vampire considers appealing might be quite different to what American TV executives and audiences now consider appealing. A vampire looking for a drop dead gorgeous woman at certain times in history (and in certain cultures) might aim for one with a large backside, huge hands, abundant body hair and the ability to lift a cow (I agree with them on one of those). The stick insects that populate so many modern shows could have been seen as very poor stock who were good for nothing.

Cleopatra was (apparently) considered a beauty of her time, but arts works that have been discovered and attributed to be of her show a rather plain woman with a flat face and large nose. Tastes change.

Granted though, some of these things could be sorted out when they become available and tastes change, so very old vampires could have false teeth and be caked in make-up to cover the pox scars.

[If vampires were really old, say thousands of years old, there is also the question of ethnicity too of course]

* Yes I know I'm arguing logic when discussing vampires...

lol, I said we all have different ideas of them. Suppose it would depend on their age when turned, I am sure Stefan and Damon wouldn't have pox scars and rotten teeth at the age they were ... thank goodness. I like my fantasy of younger good looking ones than your version :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was it a true spoiler? If so I really wish I hadn't been tempted :eek::eek:

sorry I didnt mean to tempt you into reading it :D Im fairly sure its true :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry I didnt mean to tempt you into reading it :D Im fairly sure its true :eek:

Damn was tempted again by the link :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oh my, this is going to be interesting!
  • Options
    SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hera wrote: »
    If this programme was made 40 years ago, then Klaus would be some ugly & scary looking fella but in the 21st Century, we say hello to sexy ass bad vampires. :D

There is nothing scary or badass about a pretty boy actor playing a vampire. Maybe if you are a 14 year old girl there is. And no that is no disrespecting TVD fans as I am a fan myself. I am merely commenting on this sexy bad ass vampire idea. Bad ass and sexy are two different things!.
  • Options
    Alicat1965Alicat1965 Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG just watched By the Light of the Moon and even more confused than ever now, can't work out who is up to what!!!! Just hope we don't have to wait long for the next episode :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Am soooo glad sulky stephan did the stupid thing and got stuck in that tomb. Will hopefully leave the door open for elena for fall for damon (who lets face it is FAR sexier than stephan)

Fingers crossed!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alicat1965 wrote: »
    OMG just watched By the Light of the Moon and even more confused than ever now, can't work out who is up to what!!!! Just hope we don't have to wait long for the next episode :confused:

You might be better asking in the US thread but I think that it was the last episode this year and it wont be back till the new year Im not sure when though :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the point where we might catch up and only be days behind? How many weeks are we behind as it is?
  • Options
    Alicat1965Alicat1965 Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the point where we might catch up and only be days behind? How many weeks are we behind as it is?

Don't think we are behind now, only a few days. It airs on Thursday in the US and the following Tuesday here. Hope that helps:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    Am soooo glad sulky stephan did the stupid thing and got stuck in that tomb. Will hopefully leave the door open for elena for fall for damon (who lets face it is FAR sexier than stephan)

Fingers crossed!!

How very dare you talk about the lovely Stefan like that. :mad::D
    Ok I admit Damon is sexier.. but Stefan is just adorable. :o

So will we have a break between episodes coming up soon?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How very dare you talk about the lovely Stefan like that. :mad::D
    Ok I admit Damon is sexier.. but Stefan is just adorable. :o

So will we have a break between episodes coming up soon?

Yeah next weeks episode is the last one for a while its not back on US screens till next year, I cant find a date but when it does return I assume ITV2 will wait a few weeks before showing new episodes so we don’t catch up again too quickly :(

I agree even though I love Damon I do find Stefan just as sexy, Damon is the bad guy we all love to hate & Stefan is the sweet guy you just love :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want a break, I need my weekly fix. Too much happening also to have to wait weeks to find out :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The UK are only 1 episode behind now.

I hope the Xmas/New Year break isn't too long till TVD returns. I watch Gossip Girl and the last episode of the year was shown this week in the US and the show returns on the 24th of January. Long wait! I hope it isn't the same for TVD. :(
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    TVD comes back on January 27th in the US.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TVD comes back on January 27th in the US.

Oh booo! Such a long wait! :(:cry:

I will miss my weekly TVD and Damon fix for the next 6 weeks.