Options

Just too Sexual

Comments

• Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Kirstie and Phil for us. They were very good and they kept their clothes on.:p:cool:

I remember Phil topless in a jacuzzi one episode. Shirtless. Someone call ofcom!!!

People worry me.
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Seeing all these near naked women, it's disgusting! They should be completely naked!!

:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Perhapse some posters find ladies grinding against men more acceptable than grinding against other ladies.

Most dancing has a sexual element to it anyway unless it ballet, line dancing or Scottish country dancing. Actually ballet probably has a sexual element to it all not just overt.

Exactly, dancing always uses sex to an advantage. Sex has always sold in a lot of artistic mediums. Nothing new here.

I find it quite homophobic tbh. No one would be complaining if it was a man and a woman. And my argument is that if you don't want your child to watch - turn over!
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    evamoo wrote: »
    the worst thing is...MUMS go to iceland :(

Yeah surely eating all that crappy food from Iceland is worse for kids than some sexy dancing?!:D
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That they deserve a childhood? We're not talking about 15 year olds. ok this is getting into child abuse territory I'm leaving.

your hysterical over the top replies dont seem to have swayed anyone to your views.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    if you are indeed 11 then yeah great reply actually which i hadnt considered. people assume too much that young adults are thick and believe everything they see. i can think of many adults that are exactly that in fact. its probably more about the individual personality instead of age

You think an 11 year old is a young adult?
  • Options
    abercrombieabercrombie Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you comment on the content of a performance if you haven't watched it. Otherwise isn't a bit rich of you to complain about something you saw half a second of?

Actually nobody is forcing you to do anything and a tv show can't be tailored to your every wish, there will be some stuff on tv show that you don't like - you either stop watching the show or accept that stuff is on it. I used to enjoy watching Glee but the Brittany/Artie stuff and the way Ryan Murphy writes about lesbians started to annoy me so I stopped watching it. I don't expect the producers to pander to my requirements like you see to do with X-Factor.

Just cos someone had an opinion about lesbians, you had to stop watching it. Just shows how uptight and intolerant you are. Maybe your kids could hold that opinion, but you just couldn't bear sitting through it for their sakes.

Kids have the right to know everyone's opinion about lesbians, clothed or otherwise!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly, dancing always uses sex to an advantage. Sex has always sold in a lot of artistic mediums. Nothing new here.

I find it quite homophobic tbh. No one would be complaining if it was a man and a man. And my argument is that if you don't want your child to watch - turn over!

I'm with you all the way on that on. Really if the X-Factor is a "family" show shouldn't it have something for everyone, I'm sure there were 16 year old boys/girls who really enjoyed Xtina's peformance. If their parents don't like that they should take away their tv's. Next thing you know they'll be writing to ofcom claiming that X-tina made their daughters gay although personally I think that average 16 year old girl would prefer Rihanna to Xtina. :D
  • Options
    abercrombieabercrombie Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    I remember Phil topless in a jacuzzi one episode. Shirtless. Someone call ofcom!!!

People worry me.

go on then, did you sit there squirming while your young children watched it? or were you too worried about people like me?

Do tell...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    your hysterical over the top replies dont seem to have swayed anyone to your views.
    Your comment about 11 year olds being adults speaks volumes. I always thought DS was filled with trolls, looks like there's something else in the water.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »

People worry me.

Kirstie's tops have been a bit low cut sometimes ................... and she's even worn bight red lipstick occasionally. What a trollop!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Yeah surely eating all that crappy food from Iceland is worse for kids than some sexy dancing?!:D

but crappy food, influenced by 'sexy' dancers...well that just taking things way ott :(

thanks for the laughs people..im amazed ds still shocks me sometimes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just cos someone had an opinion about lesbians, you had to stop watching it. Just shows how uptight and intolerant you are. Maybe your kids could hold that opinion, but you just couldn't bear sitting through it for their sakes.
    Kids have the right to know everyone's opinion about lesbians, clothed or otherwise!

Oh the irony and inability to read. It seems that you missed the point totally. Lets go slowly I stopped watching Glee because I didn't like the content, I didn't demand that they change it to suit me like you are doing with the X-Factor. What gives you the right to demand that programme changes to suit your whims.

p.s. since you need extra assistance - Ryan Murphy is the writer/producer of Glee.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just asked my 16 year old, who said it was okay, but that maybe some old people watching might have been offended. Luckily, I'm too old to be affected by any of this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    evamoo wrote: »
    but crappy food, influenced by 'sexy' dancers...well that just taking things way ott :(

thanks for the laughs people..im amazed ds still shocks me sometimes!

I know they'll all start "belly dancing" and after eating all the Iceland food they will have proper bellies to dancing with. Oh the shame and horror.
  • Options
    The Steel FlippThe Steel Flipp Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With a booking like Christina what were people expecting? The Beverly Sisters?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm with you all the way on that on. Really if the X-Factor is a "family" show shouldn't it have something for everyone, I'm sure there were 16 year old boys/girls who really enjoyed Xtina's peformance. If their parents don't like that they should take away their tv's. Next thing you know they'll be writing to ofcom claiming that X-tina made their daughters gay although personally I think that average 16 year old girl would prefer Rihanna to Xtina. :D

Yes it should! Thats why I liked Diva Fever being on (even though I didn'tlike their performances). And I'm convinced Cher is a lesbian but thats another story.

Hell yeah the show should be for eveyrone - gay straight or bi. And anyone who is confused and having 'feelings'. I knew I was gay when I saw Mary Poppins aged 11. I'm sure a lot of teens struggling were loving all the ladies tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With a booking like Christina what were people expecting? The Beverly Sisters?

Christina was great during her Candyman and Hurt era. What a shame she had to take a million steps back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes it should! Thats why I liked Diva Fever being on (even though I didn'tlike their performances). And I'm convinced Cher is a lesbian but thats another story.

Hell yeah the show should be for eveyrone - gay straight or bi. And anyone who is confused and having 'feelings'. I knew I was gay when I saw Mary Poppins aged 11. I'm sure a lot of teens struggling were loving all the ladies tonight.

Write to Disney right now "Mary Poppins Made Me Gay!!!". Lets get the video pulled off the shelves right away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christina was great during her Candyman and Hurt era. What a shame she had to take a million steps back.

Wasn't that the same era when she made Dirty!
  • Options
    JB220706JB220706 Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Facts first - 32, married with a 2 year old. (A-hem!) The X Factor is marketed as a family show and should ensure that they behave like one. I wasn't offended at seeing Rhianna, Xtina and friends being raunchy but I do not think it is appropriate for a programme aimed at all ages.

And even if the dancing was borderline - I don't think Rhianna and her "poo na-na" was anywhere near acceptable!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh the irony and inability to read. It seems that you missed the point totally. Lets go slowly I stopped watching Glee because I didn't like the content, I didn't demand that they change it to suit me like you are doing with the X-Factor. What gives you the right to demand that programme changes to suit your whims.

p.s. since you need extra assistance - Ryan Murphy is the writer/producer of Glee.

I haven't bothed watching the second series yet. I just want a Brittana love fest. And Quinn and Rachel to hook up. Ryan will never let it happen (though with his other show Popular he was going to make Sam the main character a lesbian but then the show got cancelled) So I've given up. Until I see a post on Afterellen that its happening I'm not watching either.
    Write to Disney right now "Mary Poppins Made Me Gay!!!". Lets get the video pulled off the shelves right away.

LOL
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    go on then, did you sit there squirming while your young children watched it? or were you too worried about people like me?

Do tell...

I just struggle to see whats offensive. Or why children should be shielded from reality. Children shouldn't be brought up seeing sex as a taboo, surely all the repression just encourages rebellion later on.

As a 19 year old non-parent, I probably can't comment, but if I had children, there was nothing on the x factor I wouldn't want them seeing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't that the same era when she made Dirty!

No, it's when she classed it up and won all the grammys. Dirrty was a great album if you forget about the first single.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JB220706 wrote: »
    Facts first - 32, married with a 2 year old. (A-hem!) The X Factor is marketed as a family show and should ensure that they behave like one. I wasn't offended at seeing Rhianna, Xtina and friends being raunchy but I do not think it is appropriate for a programme aimed at all ages.

And even if the dancing was borderline - I don't think Rhianna and her "poo na-na" was anywhere near acceptable!

You assume it a "family show", perhapse you should pre-view the show before letting your children watch it instead of assuming.