Options

The forums you don't like

124»

Comments

• Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    I loathed the jackson forum but was upset when it closed due to lack of interest.I like to know that all the loons are in one place and now they are scattered to the other forums
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Showbiz is the one i tend to avoid. My god, the obsessive weirdos in that section scare me.
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Showbiz is the one i tend to avoid. My god, the obsessive weirdos in that section scare me.

Very easy to spoil their fun and watch them cry.They have a constant thread running about rumours in the showbiz, ie, some very spurious accusatiojns of "i heard so and so was gay"They never ever name the victim but give easy to recognise clues.Just type in "Do you mean (put in name)" They go nuts for 2 reasons.
    1, most of the rumours are straight forward lies
    2, you arent allowed to name names because of the fact the rumours are lies
    The thread gets closed, good fun to be had
  • Options
    BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Showbiz. A good lot of those posters are horribly vicious, writing venemous, personal attacks on celebrities they don't like. They go far too far. For people who post in a forum about showbiz, they seem to have a large disdain for celebrities. And if any dare to speak out against the press, or try and ask for some privacy, they'll go crazy, calling them fat and ugly and swearing and ranting.

It's a really nasty, spiteful little forum.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,178
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit scared oif the folks in the Computer forum, god help you if you need help with something that's probably considered basic. You can almost feel the withering contempt! :D Oh and the constant wars of PC v Mac are pretty funny!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Showbiz forum.... because they hate anything remotely female on there.
  • Options
    LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LisaB599 wrote: »
    I like the showbiz forum but if you reply in a PETER/KATIE thread and disagree with one of the regs its like starting a holy war lol. Ive been banned twice, once for saying something negative about Peter Andre (it was my language, that will teach me to drink after a night in the pub lol) and once for calling Katie Prices fans a bit thick...they are report happy in there.

hahahahahahaha love it :D

GD is the forum i hate the most ... so many people just looking for a fight all the time ... but i love it \7 i always come back for more lol:D
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    The forums i go in are

Broadcasting
    Virgin TV (to lurk)
    Sky
    Freeview (sometimes
    TV programmes
    GD
    Food and drink

Ones I post in most are

Broadcasting
    Sky HD
    Sky
    Freeview
    TV Shows
    Radio
    Movies
    Games
    Mobile's
    General Discussion
    Computers
  • Options
    LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Politics.
    It's like wading through a sewer that's frequented by nasty , ranting men on one side and liberal , intelligent people on the other side who are preaching to the deaf.

Broadcasting. If you are unable to understand terms like "aspect ratio" or lack fail to feel orgasmic over HD channels..you end up feeling frozen out. I'd like to use it more but it's too cliquey and for some strange reason I view the posters as either spotty teens or men with beards who shake their head at falling standards ion the BBC's engineering division.
    It scares me and probably smells of beer and nuts...i'm sure they are nice though:o

I love Music but the music forum has aways disappointed me! One of my topics didn't receive a single reply! I knew it wouldn't because most are fans of mainstream music but still:rolleyes:
  • Options
    s2ks2k Posts: 7,429
    Forum Member
    I always thought it would be good if you could customize DS to your preferences.. "hide" modules/forums that you have no interest in and change the order of how stuff gets displayed. I know a couple of the larger sites do stuff like this already with the portals etc...

As for my least-likely-to-visit forum, at the risk of upsetting everyone and causing a drama, it would probably be all the reality nonsense. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    I go in daliy into the Broadcasting, TV progs and Cult Forums.

When there's not much activity in those I might come on here the GD forums and Advice, the latter mostly for a laugh.

I also ocassionally dip into Books and Movies when Ive seen / read omething new or looking for suggestions.

I mostly avoid Soaps, Showbiz and Reality.