Options

Voting percentages revealed!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anactoria wrote: »
    I'm not just talking about singing in tune (which Cher is incidentally very bad at); I'm also talking about range, power, etc. Pretty much the only thing Cher is better at is crying at convenient moments. (and I'm not even saying that they should have kept Paije, because I accept that Cher is better for publicity; only that he is technically a better singer.)

so now you're saying paije is "technically" a better singer. i could agree with that but saying somebody is a good singer is not just about being technically good. it is about interpreting and performing, or even about having an interesting tone.

but i see we are not going to agree on this so let's leave it.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    I'm probably just being obtuse, but I don't understand the Week 10 voting - I thought the three columns were for the three lots of voting, but Cher is in each one - so for that matter are OD.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    casa_nova wrote: »
    Can someone please post the results in a week by week in order of top to bottom.

Find the table confussing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X_Factor_%28UK_series_7%29

:)
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    Lest anyone laugh at 'conspiracy theorists' again.

Really interesting results and certainly shows that the manipulation has gone way beyond fair this series.

Had the competition have gone the public's way, Katie would have gone in week 1, and Cher in week 7. Mary would have been in the final, probably beating 1D to 3rd place.

It would have been a very different 'competition'. But after all - once you've booked Will.I.Am, who else are you going to get to duet with him?

Considering Mary had fewer votes than One Direction for 5 consecutive weeks (since week 4 when she did so by 11.98% to 11.79%) that's quite an assumption to make! Especially as Cher's votes would be unlikely to go to Mary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well for a start if you look at the stats Paiige is improving week 5 Cher beat him by 2.5% week 6 its only 0.86% between them week 7 Paiige beats her by 1.37% and polls his best ever vote total (He was getting better and beginning to pick up votes)

try to spin it any way you like, the fact is that cher was more popular than paije throughout the show. and this is backed up by the number of her fans on all the internet media too. but let's just wait and see how well they both do after the show is over, then we will be able to judge their popularity better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    They could have had Shirley Bassey to duet with Mary - that would have been far more amazing .

Bassey vs William - its like comparing Harrods with Asda.

I would actually have loved to see that. :)

Anything other than the shouting that was coming from my telly from Cher and Will.I.Am with me staring at the telly hoping for answers as to what on earth the pair of them were wearing!!
  • Options
    Arnostae's MumArnostae's Mum Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I think I've calculated this properly.

When it came to the final vote between Matt and Rebecca:
    Matt had 44.61% of the TOTAL votes cast between when lines opened on Saturday night, until they closed tonight.
    Rebecca had 38.63% of the total vote.

But if 1D had12.69% of the total vote and Cher had 4.07% of the total vote then Matt and Rebecca are still being compared with them.

So if I take the total vote percentages, remove 3rd and 4th then compare the votes cast for Matt and Rebecca we get...

Matt took 53.59% of their shared vote and Rebecca had 46.41%
  • Options
    bunnyintheboxbunnyinthebox Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting results.
    No wonder Simon started giving Mary the unfair treatment so early. She was really giving Matt a run for his money. If they would have supported her I think she could have won. But Simon didn't want that obviously.
    Also Rebecca gained popularity after week 5. Showing how they really were pushing for her to win. She was not that popular at first. But never calling her out on not moving or any mistakes brainwashed the public. From the top 5 I'm most worried about her future success now.
    I also thought Aiden was more popular but guess not. He was too polarizing me thinks.
    And wow with Katie!! She really has an angel (simon) that was looking out for her. :eek:

I was buying into the 1D hype but they couldn't even get top 2 no matter all the support that they were given. Always performing at the end of the show. Never being first. All the group celebrities (take that sang like 5 times in the show) The boys got top quality treatment.

I think it was fair that they saved Cher over Paije. She was on top until that week. But Mary should have been saved over Cher. But obviously she would have taken 1D place if she had. Cher almost took 3rd and she was the favorite to go! So Mary would have definitely beaten 1D. Guess the teens are not big voters at all and a group has slim chances to win x factor for sure.

Brainwashed the public? Everyone I talk to makes up their own minds despite what the judges say, in fact most seem to be like me, constantly shouting at the TV because the judges are talking so much c**p. I really think people overestimate the influence of good judges comments. The only time the comments work is when they are unfairly bad comments and then that act may get a big sympathy vote.

The public are not as stupid as some people on DS appear to think. They got the winner right almost from the start and warmed to the 2nd place over time. Thats not being brainwashed, thats having ears that can hear and appreciate tallent when they hear it.
  • Options
    pxd867pxd867 Posts: 11,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    I'm probably just being obtuse, but I don't understand the Week 10 voting - I thought the three columns were for the three lots of voting, but Cher is in each one - so for that matter are OD.
    I was wondering that. As far as I can see, it doesn't mean people were still voting for her, (or OD) it just meant that their vote was frozen, and went down as a precentage of the total vote, as people voted for the main 2.

As a previous poster said, the final vote stil compares the main 2 to OD and Cher. The vote between Matt and Rebecca would be higher for each, but the table doesn't show the figures for the "face-off"
  • Options
    cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    UAF wrote: »
    you're getting ridiculous now. cher wasn't favoured by the running order, there have been many threads on this so far. as for paije wearing unflattering clothes, did you actually SEE cher's styling on the show? it was horrendous.

the only one that was blatantly pushed and given favourable slots and lots of manipulation was katie. i actually liked her, and for a while i liked her more than cher, but i am honest enough to admit that she was favoured more than she should have.

i wish you would do the same and stop trying to find conspiracies regarding cher when there really weren't any.

Cher's % doubled the week that she sang Stay in the last slot, then went back down again. The next time it was up past 10% again was in rock week when they did 2 songs each, and - if i remember correctly - BOTH Cher and Katie took turns on being last each round; one just before the lines opened, the other to close the show.

Yes she wasn't as favoured as katie, but she was heavily protected. When was the time she opened the show? The week after 'Stay' when she was on a popularity high so less likely to suffer from being on first.

Re styling - yes I will give you there were some other dodgy moments, but that was just one of many ways that Paige and other contestants were painted as the 'supporting cast' and portrayed as never really having a chance. And the other thing - his fashion disasters were ALWAYS highlighted as a reason not to vote by Cowell, where as (correct me if i;m wrong) Cher's weren't.

So I accept your point but it is naive to say there were NO conspiracy theories re Cher. Not that I've got it in for her either; almost every part of that show is heavy manipulated in my opinion. And although I and others who agree can't prove it, there is a very strong case and these figures tonight just support some of our theories.
  • Options
    LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally by the results being revealed it has confirmed what I've been saying all along that this was fixed for Cheryl's acts to go through or get further then they should of eg. Cher and Katie

So when I was calling this a fix, some of you chose not to believe this and now this has proven to be right. This was why I originally thought they already chose the winner, due to the tactics going on through out the show.

The only thing I was proven wrong in was that they didn't chose the overall winner but if they could of found a way to do so, they would of.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Well Simons hype didnt work for 1D and it looks to me that it was fixed for Cheryls girls
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do seem to remember saying that the comments from the judges smacked of a desperation to keep 1D in. They were barely criticised some weeks (when there were obvious flaws).
  • Options
    biggle2000biggle2000 Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Politiks wrote: »
    Love the fact that Mary did actually get more votes than Cher. Amazing.

I know but Cher still went thro. Thats the game:D
  • Options
    LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omgwtfbbq wrote: »
    I agree too.

But I stand by thinking that it was fixed when TreyC went out, because Cheryl made it clear she wanted to vote for a deadlock, which would've saved TreyC, but then they "ran out of time".
    Totally agree
    Vol wrote: »
    Well these %s confirm everything we suspected.

Treyc beat Katie.
    Paige beat Cher.
    Mary beat Cher.
    Wagner scraped through.
    Pretty much confirms that who leaves each week was fixed to put Cheryl's acts further in the competition, what we all was saying on the forums, now it's all out.

Cher would of not been in the final, Cher would of only had one remaining act. most of her acts would of week weeks ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member

I think it was fair that they saved Cher over Paije. She was on top until that week. But Mary should have been saved over Cher. But obviously she would have taken 1D place if she had. Cher almost took 3rd and she was the favorite to go! So Mary would have definitely beaten 1D. Guess the teens are not big voters at all and a group has slim chances to win x factor for sure.

Well for a start if you look at the stats Paiige is improving week 5 Cher beat him by 2.5% week 6 its only 0.86% between them week 7 Paiige beats her by 1.37% and polls his best ever vote total (He was getting better and beginning to pick up votes)

Then we have the public vote that fateful week 7 and then he also proceeded to blow her away in the sing off but at least you agree Mary ought to have been in the top 4.

So you dont think Paiige is allowed to improve or begin to pick up more votes? on you theory whoever gets most votes early can never be voted off against a contestant who previously polled below them (However slightly)

And then there is the matter of the sing off that Paiige outperformed her in . Paiige was improving and polled his best total in week 7, who knows how he would have done had the judges made the right decision and voted Cher off.

Cher only bettered Paiiges week 7 percentage total twice in the contest whilst he was in it and then one of those weeks was less than 1% Paiige had momentum Cher was going backwards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    casa_nova wrote: »
    Can someone please post the results in a week by week in order of top to bottom.

Find the table confussing.

Week One

MARY BYRNE 22.28%
    MATT CARDLE 15.14%
    CHER LLOYD 10.31%
    ONE DIRECTION 10.04%
    AIDEN GRIMSHAW 9.78%
    REBECA FERGUSON 6.51%
    PAIGE RICHARDSON 5.83%
    TREYC COHEN 4.82%
    JOHN ADELYE 4.26%
    DIVA FEVER 4.28%
    BELLE AMIE 2.13%
    WAGNER 1.91%
    STORM LEE 1.89%

F.Y.D 1.71%
    KATIE WAISSEL 1.55%

NICHOLO FESTA 1.36%

Week Two

MATT CARDLE 24.39%
    MARY BYRNE 18.55%
    ONE DIRECTION 9.84%
    AIDEN GRIMSHAW 8.82%
    REBECCA FERGUSON 7.99%
    CHER LLYOD 7.17%
    JOHN ADELYE 4.50%
    KATIE WAISSEL 4.30%
    PAIGE RICHARDSON 3.30%
    TREYC COHEN 2.82%
    WAGNER 2.47%

DIVA FEVER 2.05%
    BELLE AMIE 1.86%

STORM LEE 1.44%

Week Three

MATT CARDLE 23.97%
    MARY BYRNE 13.92%
    ONE DIRECTION 11.08%
    CHER LLYOD 9.12%
    REBECCA FERGUSON 8.46%
    AIDEN GRIMSHAW 6.98%
    PAIGE RICHARDSON 6.10%
    KATIE WAISSEL 5.95%
    WAGNER 4.50%
    BELLE AMIE 4.15%

JOHN ADELYE 3.78%
    TREYC COHEN 2.39%

Week Four

MATT CARDLE 20.60%
    CHER LLYOD 19.72%
    MARY BYRNE 11.98%
    ONE DIRECTION 11.79%
    REBECCA FERGUSON 9.79%
    AIDEN GRIMSHAW 6.70%
    PAIGE RICHARDSON 6.22%
    WAGNER 4.77%

TREYC COHEN 3.14%
    BELLE AMIE 2.56%

Week Five

MATT CARDLE 33.41%
    REBECCA FERGUSON 12.80%
    ONE DIRECTION 12.13%
    MARY BYRNE 12.02%
    CHER LYODD 7.64%
    AIDEN GRIMSHAW 5.85%
    PAIGE RICHARDSON 5.19%
    WAGNER 4.21%

TREYC COHEN 3.53%
    KATIE WAISSEL 3.22%

Week Six

MATT CARDLE 23.16%
    REBECCA FERGUSON 18.24%
    ONE DIRECTION 14.44%
    MARY BYRNE 10.66%
    CHER LYODD 8.88%
    PAIGE RICHARDSON 8.02%
    WAGNER 6.30%

KATIE WAISSEL 8.02%
    AIDEN GRIMSHAW 5.01%

Week Seven

MATT CARDLE 18.44%
    KATIE WAISSEL 16.82%
    REBECCA FERGUSON 12.85%
    ONE DIRECTION 12.65%
    MARY BYRNE 11.97%
    WAGNER 9.90%

PAIGE RICHARDSON 9.37%
    CHER LLYOD 8.00%

Week Eight

MATT CARDLE 31.95%
    REBECCA FERGUSON 13.98%
    CHER LLYOD 13.19%
    ONE DIRECTION 11.90%

MARY BYRNE 11.29%
    WAGNER 10.48%

KATIE WAISSEL 7.21%

Week Nine (Semi-Final)

MATT CARDLE 35.84%
    REBECCA FERGUSON 20.22%
    ONE DIRECTION 17.38%

MARY BYRNE 14.99%
    CHER LLYOD 11.57%

Week Ten (Final: Saturday)

MATT CARDLE 39.92%
    REBECCA FERGUSON 25.71%
    ONE DIRECTION 18.54%
    CHER LLYOD 15.83%

Week Ten (Final: Sunday)

MATT CARDLE 39.83%
    REBECCA FERGUSON 32.80%
    ONE DIRECTION 20.72%
    CHER LLYOD 6.65%

MATT CARDLE 44.61%
    REBECCA FERGUSON 38.63%
    ONE DIRECTION 12.69%
    CHER LLYOD 4.07%
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Familiar pattern . Male winner picks up 30% of the vote early. Rebecca starts with too low a vote and builds but can't catch him. The phonelines were jammed again which may not have helped her catch up.....

Interestingly 3/4 of the votes seems to have come in after Cher left if you read Cher's percentages that way. Rebecca wins more of those but its too late.

Wagner is never a significant factor and they built up the threat - he starts at below 2% and barely gets past 10% by his exit. People were sold a pup.

Cher and Katie both came second for one week. Cher beat Rebecca for 3 weeks.

Cher might look saleable wih the right song.

There doesn't look otherwise to be a Diana like talent lurking.

Stacey and Diana would have done better this year.
  • Options
    HaruhiHaruhi Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Wagner still wasn't sailing through was he though and topping the votes - he was consistantly in the lower half of the table

But he finsihed in the Top Half of the competition :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cher's % doubled the week that she sang Stay in the last slot, then went back down again. The next time it was up past 10% again was in rock week when they did 2 songs each, and - if i remember correctly - BOTH Cher and Katie took turns on being last each round; one just before the lines opened, the other to close the show.

Yes she wasn't as favoured as katie, but she was heavily protected. When was the time she opened the show? The week after 'Stay' when she was on a popularity high so less likely to suffer from being on first.

Re styling - yes I will give you there were some other dodgy moments, but that was just one of many ways that Paige and other contestants were painted as the 'supporting cast' and portrayed as never really having a chance. And the other thing - his fashion disasters were ALWAYS highlighted as a reason not to vote by Cowell, where as (correct me if i;m wrong) Cher's weren't.

So I accept your point but it is naive to say there were NO conspiracy theories re Cher. Not that I've got it in for her either; almost every part of that show is heavy manipulated in my opinion. And although I and others who agree can't prove it, there is a very strong case and these figures tonight just support some of our theories.

i agree that paije wasn't particularly favoured by the show, but i don't think he was sabotaged either..that was Mary and Wagner, both were blatantly sabotaged imo.

i also agree that cher was more favoured than paije but not as much as you make out to be or at least i don't think that made much of a difference to their respective popularities....paije did have his Stay moment with Let it Be, and even then he was in the bottom two. cher for me was obviously just more popular, and this despite being hit by all the negative press.

and let's not forget that being a favourite doesn't always help you in the voting. paije was introduced as a wildcard so his fans would have been more keen to vote to keep him in, whereas it is very likely that cher's fans were more complacent throughout most of the series...in spite of this cher still did better in the voting on all but one week.

for me the most blatantly favoured was katie and one direction....and even though i love rebecca i have to admit that on a couple of occasions she was given OTT praise when her performances were average...if you want to look for manipulation in this show there is plenty of it, it wasn't just with cher.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wanger was a steam train building up momentum .... had he smashed through week 8, then anything could have happened!
  • Options
    biggle2000biggle2000 Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pxd867 wrote: »
    Wanger was a steam train building up momentum .... had he smashed through week 8, then anything could have happened!

but he didn't
  • Options
    honeygirl231honeygirl231 Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    At the end of the day shoulda coulda woulda, the right person eventually won, which always happens with shows like this, I love Cher but knew from the beginning she wouldn't win. the statistics clearly show Matt had this in the bag from the beginning, everybody in the competition was technically supporting acts, so it doesn't really matter where they finished in the competition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    At the end of the day shoulda coulda woulda, the right person eventually won, which always happens with shows like this, I love Cher but knew from the beginning she wouldn't win. the statistics clearly show Matt had this in the bag from the beginning, everybody in the competition was technically supporting acts, so it doesn't really matter where they finished in the competition.

It matters to the contestants and especially to Mary missing out on the final. And to the public who pay their money to vote only to see lets say "strange patterns showing in the voting figures" as you say though it doesnt matter to us.
  • Options
    Brussel SproutBrussel Sprout Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Week 1

MARY BYRNE 22.28%
    MATT CARDLE 15.14%
    CHER LLOYD 10.31%
    ONE DIRECTION 10.04%
    AIDEN GRIMSHAW 9.78%
    REBECCA FERGUSON 6.51%
    PAIJE RICHARDSON 5.83%
    TREYC COHEN 4.82%